Windows 10: My Mail app has become unstable

Discus and support My Mail app has become unstable in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Trying to compose an email this morning and the app keeps shutting down. When I look in drafts, it won't load the email and will eventually shut down... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AuriDog, Dec 30, 2018.

1. AuriDog Win User

My Mail app has become unstable

Trying to compose an email this morning and the app keeps shutting down. When I look in drafts, it won't load the email and will eventually shut down again. I can reopen the app and browse through received mail, but whenever I start to create an email, it shuts down. I am definitely not tech-savvy, so simple explanations are appreciated.

:)

AuriDog, Dec 30, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. My Mail app has become unstable :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Dec 30, 2018
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Dec 30, 2018
  4. philc43 Win User

Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, Dec 30, 2018
Thema:

1. My Mail app has become unstable - Similar Threads - Mail app has

2. Windows Becoming Unstable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Becoming Unstable: Hello. Windows 11 has been acting up this week. I don't know what started it, but my taskbar freezes and the start menu now refuses to open sometimes still does this after Windows Explorer is restarted. It appears that "wsappx", or specifically "AppX Deployment Service",...
  3. Windows Becoming Unstable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Becoming Unstable: Hello. Windows 11 has been acting up this week. I don't know what started it, but my taskbar freezes and the start menu now refuses to open sometimes still does this after Windows Explorer is restarted. It appears that "wsappx", or specifically "AppX Deployment Service",...
  4. Windows 10 on Ryzen 2700X has suddenly become unstable/freezes - help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 on Ryzen 2700X has suddenly become unstable/freezes - help!: Hi all - I know this is a long-shot but I am looking for some clues as to solving some really unusual problems with Windows 10 PC (64 bit), Ryzen 2700X 16 GB RAM, MSI Motherboard. The PC has 3 SSDs, 2 HDDs and 4 HDDs (USB). The machine is running 3333 Mhz memory and is not...
  5. My insterent connection has suddenly become unstable, slow etc..

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My insterent connection has suddenly become unstable, slow etc..: My internet connection has become unstable and will disconnect periodically . The "trouble shooter" does not detect any problems. I have had to reset the modem several times turn on/off. Spectrum, my internet/cable company had some service issue syesterday which fixed the...
  6. cursor becomes unstable Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cursor becomes unstable Windows 10: Hello I'm having trouble determining how to fix my cursor. At least once a day it becomes unstable, bounces all over the screen. this is an HP laptop with Windows 10 Even if I remove the wireless mouse and the USB dongle that the mouse uses, the problem remains until I...
  7. Mail is unstable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mail is unstable: I can open "mail" but when I try to open anything the app closes.t https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-is-unstable/0d8421c2-4b39-4668-85a4-b54a275c348a
  8. windows 10 has become slow and unstable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 has become slow and unstable: windows 10 has become slow and unstable Start up often fails and requires rebooting. video often hangs up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-has-become-slow-and-unstable/8d18645d-d6c6-4c8c-a7d7-5d6865bac831
  9. Edge has become unstable for me in the last ~2 months: any fix?

in Browsers and Email
    Edge has become unstable for me in the last ~2 months: any fix?: Folks, I switched to Edge as soon as I switched to W10. As my title states, in the last few months it's become unstable. It, without warning, will shutdown and disappear. All tabs, all instances, just gone. Upon restart, all the tabs are there. I have no clue what's...
  10. Backup and Restore utility become unstable

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup and Restore utility become unstable: Hello, got following issue as described in title without any reason. No major changes in OS been done since last fully functional back-up was run. And now Backup window gives me "no responding" title, but most importantly it gives me error code "0x80070578" (Invalid Window...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my mail app is unstable