Windows 10: My Main Display Goes Dim.

Discus and support My Main Display Goes Dim. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have two identical monitors. Whenever I make either one or the other my main display, that monitor dims and the other brightens up. Any ideas?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Steven D. Gyman, Nov 2, 2020.

1. My Main Display Goes Dim.

I have two identical monitors. Whenever I make either one or the other my main display, that monitor dims and the other brightens up. Any ideas?

Thank you

:)

Steven D. Gyman, Nov 2, 2020
  2. Joan Pin Win User

display dimming

Hi,

There's a possibility that this issue is due to the Display settings of your device. For us to isolate your concern, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Is it only happening when you connect your device to Windows 10?
    • If it's not connected, have you noticed certain activities wherein the screen dims automatically?
    • Have you tried using a different HDMI cable?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

We hope to hear from you soon.

Joan Pin, Nov 2, 2020
  3. Adaptive Dimming

Thank you for providing your answer to the questions.

If that did not resolve your concern, follow the steps below:

• Go back to the first setting that you've tried (Refer to your screenshot).
    • Under Dimmed display brightness, change the value of
      On battery
      and Plugged in option to "0".
    • Click Apply and restart your computer.
    Changing the value to "0" won't automatically reduce the display brightness of your computer.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Kenneth Mon, Nov 2, 2020
  4. tomantony Win User

My Main Display Goes Dim.

E52 display goes dim, and then blanks out

The E52 display went dim, all of sudden and when put battery back, the display went blank. Previously it showed full charge. Tried to re-charge but neither re-charge being displayed on screen and after 12 hours of re-charge, does not recover. Please suggest
    solution. Is battery dead? The device is hardly one year old.

tomantony, Nov 2, 2020
Thema:

My Main Display Goes Dim.

1. My Main Display Goes Dim. - Similar Threads - Main Display Goes

2. "Make this my main display" Bugging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Make this my main display" Bugging: I have 2 monitors, my laptop's and an external one. I set them to extend, and my laptop's monitor gets set to "main display" by itself. My cursor is stuck in my secondary display and it wont go to the other display. This happens only when I set it to extend. I am currently...
  3. Display dim after 20s

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display dim after 20s: Hi!Since some update ago my display dims after exactly 20 seconds of inactivity. In fact, it does not dim, this seems to be a software effect. The reason why I make this deduction is because all of the background lowers in brightness but the mouse pointer stays the same...
  4. Display auto-dim

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display auto-dim: The display brightness on my LG gram 16" always changes to 50% when I wake the laptop. I already disabled auto-brightness in Settings, kept all drivers & the system up-to-date, and changed power options in Control Panel; but still doesn't work. This started happening on...
  5. Display auto-dim

Display auto-dim: The display brightness on my LG gram 16" always changes to 50% when I wake the laptop. I already disabled auto-brightness in Settings, kept all drivers & the system up-to-date, and changed power options in Control Panel; but still doesn't work. This started happening on...
  6. Display auto-dim

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Windows 11 - Taskbar on main display goes unresponsive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Taskbar on main display goes unresponsive: I dont really know what happens, but the buttons for programs on my main display go unresponsive.I have a Graphics card AMD R9 200 Series which has 2 monitors connected, and 1 that is connected to onboard GPU.Icons in tray are still working, so i can click on calendar,...
  8. Windows 11 - Taskbar on main display goes unresponsive

Windows 11 - Taskbar on main display goes unresponsive: I dont really know what happens, but the buttons for programs on my main display go unresponsive.I have a Graphics card AMD R9 200 Series which has 2 monitors connected, and 1 that is connected to onboard GPU.Icons in tray are still working, so i can click on calendar,...
  9. Display Automatic Dimming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Display Automatic Dimming: If I try to watch a video on my laptop, the screen will automatically dim its contrast once the mouse icon disappears. How do I get this automatic diming and dulling of the display screen to remain as vibrant as it should be....
  10. My display goes white

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My display goes white: My display keepa going white out of bo bo wh ive changed drivers used old and new on my goi everthing is 100% up to date but also when i turn my display back on after wakeing the pc the scree. Doesn't get anything abs the pc then restarts...