Windows 10: My Main Display wont work.

Discus and support My Main Display wont work. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So, about 1 year ago my Main display screen stopped working. I haven't been able to fix it so can someone give me some advice? All i know is that im... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by tidgeytyler, Dec 1, 2020.

1. My Main Display wont work.

So, about 1 year ago my Main display screen stopped working. I haven't been able to fix it so can someone give me some advice? All i know is that im using windows 10 on a HP laptop.

:)

tidgeytyler, Dec 1, 2020

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Dec 1, 2020
  3. Display was not migrated

Hi,

I understand the above solution didnt work so as to next step in solving your issue I suggest you follow the below.

Step 1:

Go to search box next to Windows icon and type Device Manager

Step 2:

Under Device Manager expand Display Adapter

Step 3:

Right-click on Adapters listed one by one and select Properties

Step 4:

Select the Drivers tab

Step 5:

Click on Uninstall Device

Step 6:

Repeat step 3 to 5 for all listed adapters under Display Adapter

Step 7:

Restart PC and verify

Let me know the status after performing the above.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Dec 1, 2020
  4. OneMoar Win User

My Main Display wont work.

Sapphire R9 280x won't display on a new build

you need to follow the steps I listed ...

OneMoar, Dec 1, 2020
Thema:

My Main Display wont work.

1. My Main Display wont work. - Similar Threads - Main Display wont

2. File Explorer keeps opening on my second display and not my main display

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer keeps opening on my second display and not my main display: Whenever I open a new instance of File Explorer, it always opens up on my Left monitor which is not set as Main Display. I have tried dragging it over to my main monitor and closing it hoping that the new instance would remember the old one's position and re-open right there...
  3. My Main Display Goes Dim.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Main Display Goes Dim.: I have two identical monitors. Whenever I make either one or the other my main display, that monitor dims and the other brightens up. Any ideas? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-main-display-goes-dim/b1a38e09-2537-4372-b5ac-90e1d7178ded
  4. Windows 10 Dual Displays - Keep my main display

Windows 10 Dual Displays - Keep my main display: I have been using Windows 10 on my Dell desktop PC for many years. I recently installed a clean installation & of course have all the updates. I have 2 monitors, my main Lenovo 24" 1920x1080 monitor display 2, and my 55" Samsung 4K HDTV configured 1920x1080 display 1,....
  5. I NEED MY MAIN DISPLAY TO BE #1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I NEED MY MAIN DISPLAY TO BE #1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!: I have a Dell monitor and a HDTV (720) connected to my Windows 10 computer. Dell is horizontal - DVI HDTV is vertical - HDMI When I turn on the computer and monitor is ON, Windows sees it as Display 1. Unfortunately when I turn on the TV, Windows assigns #1 to TV!!!! Rather...
  6. unchecking make this my main display

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    unchecking make this my main display: hello, I have 2 monitors ( 2nd one just set up), I noticed today that when I tried to open something on my main screen (1st one) it was opened on 2nd monitor, (note: it was not turned on). so I started trying to configure them so the screen that I wanted as main, would be...
  7. Main display switches

Main display switches: Hello - this might possibly be a bit outside of the Windows discussion since I run Windows 7 on a RH Linux laptop (it's a work requirement), but I'll ask since I have not been able to figure this out or find a solution anywhere. I use 3 monitors - laptop is #1 and I use #2...
  8. Main & external displays switched

Main & external displays switched: Hello, I have a Lenovo laptop running as my main display and a 24" external monitor for my extended display. I frequently do presentations and have one coming up this week. I went in this morning to run through it and my main and external displays have switched screens. My...
  9. Taskbar, DO NOT DISPLAY on Main Display

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar, DO NOT DISPLAY on Main Display: Hello. With Win8 and Win10, there seems to be better support for multiple monitors. However, I've been having difficulty with one thing in particular: getting the main taskbar to display on a non-primary monitor. In fact, ideally, I'd rather just not have the taskbar on the...
  10. Main Display Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Main Display Issue: Anyone come across this issue? Tagging @Kari in to add to the list of bugs found in Win10 if it is determined to be a bug. I have 3 monitors, i always have the middle screen as my main display however today i noticed that the time/date and notifications area etc were now...