Windows 10: My main hard drive fails at auto repairing, yet I can still access it from my other hard drive

Discus and support My main hard drive fails at auto repairing, yet I can still access it from my other hard drive in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Ok Ive tried countless times to repair my main HDD, using all the command prompt stuff, auto repairs useless and Ive checked the log files, and it said... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by towerdefence661, Jan 3, 2020.

1. My main hard drive fails at auto repairing, yet I can still access it from my other hard drive

Ok Ive tried countless times to repair my main HDD, using all the command prompt stuff, auto repairs useless and Ive checked the log files, and it said it cant come to a conclusion on what the problem is. I booted up from my other SDD, and I can still open, and even move things in and out of that apparently corrupt drive, so what do I do? I would rather not have to lose any files, and if I have to backup my corrupt one to my SDD, then so be it. I really want a better way.

:)

towerdefence661, Jan 3, 2020

2. Hard drive failing?

Recently I’ve tried to acess my HP laptop running windows 10 on it after a hard restart, but when it attempts to boot from hard drive it gove me the auto repair startup. Almost immediately after it attempts to start up, it goes to black screen. I have run
    tests on my hard drive, and it says the short and long DST have failed. Although Windows refuses to startup, I have a partition which can run linux on the same hard drive, without it failing to boot. I attempted to see what was wrong on the linux, but cannot
    access the windows folder due to an error with windows explorer. I do not wish to have to purchase an new hard drive so please help.

Leaffall03, Jan 3, 2020
  3. Drone Win User
    Accessing a Hard Drive...

You can boot from Norton Ghost and clone that disk to your hard drive. Then boot normally install virtual machine with xp and from that machine access cloned drive. It's a complex but safe process.

Drone, Jan 3, 2020
  4. My main hard drive fails at auto repairing, yet I can still access it from my other hard drive

Recovery from failed hard drive

Hi,

To assist you better, please answer the following questions;

• What is the make and model of the hard drive?

• Did you get any error messages while using the failed hard drive?

• When you say failed hard drive, are you referring to external hard drive or internal hard drive?

I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft help article, which explains about the recovery option in Windows 10 and check if it help.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/windows-10-recovery-options

Get back to us for further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Jan 3, 2020
Thema:

My main hard drive fails at auto repairing, yet I can still access it from my other hard drive

1. My main hard drive fails at auto repairing, yet I can still access it from my other hard drive - Similar Threads - main hard drive

2. my hard drive is not repairing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my hard drive is not repairing: When I plug in my hard drive, the scanning and repair notification pops up so I press repair. The green loading bar gets finishes in about 2-3 minutes but it stays like that. I let it sit like that for a couple hours because I assumed I had a lot on my hard drive so it needed...
  3. my hard drive is not repairing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my hard drive is not repairing: When I plug in my hard drive, the scanning and repair notification pops up so I press repair. The green loading bar gets finishes in about 2-3 minutes but it stays like that. I let it sit like that for a couple hours because I assumed I had a lot on my hard drive so it needed...
  4. My Main hard drive says NTFS and I can`t Access it!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Main hard drive says NTFS and I can`t Access it!: I just reset my pc to factory new and now my hard drive is locked out and I can't do commands or I can`t access my my main c: drive! I can`t use regeditor!...
  5. My Main hard drive says NTFS and I can`t Access it!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Main hard drive says NTFS and I can`t Access it!: I just reset my pc to factory new and now my hard drive is locked out and I can't do commands or I can`t access my my main c: drive! I can`t use regeditor!...
  6. My Main hard drive says NTFS and I can`t Access it!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Hard Drive OS Repair/Access on a hard drive attached as a external hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard Drive OS Repair/Access on a hard drive attached as a external hard drive: I have a computer originally from my son. It had not been running for 5-7 years, burnt power supply. I was updating to most current Win 10 and the files got corrupted at version 1909 and it won't boot. In Win PE recovery mode I've tried system restore, system reset, advanced...
  8. My hard drive failed, can I recover my windows?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My hard drive failed, can I recover my windows?: As the title says, my hard drive failed and I wasn't able to back it up. Is there any way I can download windows without having to repurchase it? submitted by /u/jjmix101 [link] [comments]...
  9. Can you access my main hard drive from a Windows to Go USB?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can you access my main hard drive from a Windows to Go USB?: Long story short, my laptop won’t let me get into it due to a bad system config info error. This includes safe mode. My plan is to install Windows to a USB and hopefully access my files that are located on my main C drive. Can I do this using a Windows to Go USB? Also worth...
  10. My main hard drive fails at auto repairing, yet I can still access it from my other hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My main hard drive fails at auto repairing, yet I can still access it from my other hard drive: Ok Ive tried countless times to repair my main HDD, using all the command prompt stuff, auto repairs useless and Ive checked the log files, and it said it cant come to a conclusion on what the problem is. I booted up from my other SDD, and I can still open, and even move...