Windows 10: My Main Microsoft Account Has Been Compromised

Discus and support My Main Microsoft Account Has Been Compromised in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi Team, On 08/19/2020 I received the following email at 12:04 AM PST: Microsoft account Your password changed Your password for the Microsoft... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by FrankieCommans, Aug 22, 2020.

1. My Main Microsoft Account Has Been Compromised

Hi Team,

On 08/19/2020 I received the following email at 12:04 AM PST:

Microsoft account
    Your password changed
    Your password for the Microsoft account *** Email address is removed for privacy *** was changed on 8/18/2020 10:04 PM MST.
    If this was you, then you can safely ignore this email.
    Security info used: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***
    Country/region: Ukraine
    Platform: Windows
    Browser: Chrome
    IP address: 91.225.36.190
    If this wasn't you, your account has been compromised. Please follow these steps:
    1. Reset your password.
    2. Review your security info.
    3. Learn how to make your account more secure.
    You can also opt out or change where you receive security notifications.
    Thanks,
    The Microsoft account team

Since then, I have been unable to access my account. I have tried completing the Recovery form every day and it keeps sending me an email back stating I have not provided enough information. I've called Accounts support several times and after speaking with a number of agents, was told on 08/20 that my issue was being escalated and I would receive an email sent to my primary email address from the escalation group within 48 hours. It is now 08/22 and I have not received any notification from Microsoft on this matter so I again tried calling today and after being disconnected several times while on hold, I finally spoke to an agent who informed me the only option, if the Recovery Form is not working, is to create a new account.

My concern here is, I have a Credit Card tied to my Microsoft Account and I used it to pre-purchase Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 on 08/09. If I create a new Microsoft account, how do I go about ensuring the purchase of Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 is moved over to my new account? And how do I ensure whoever has control of my old account won't be able to make purchases on that account?

Also note - the recovery email address that is now showing on my old account is - Email code to *** Email address is removed for privacy *** - I do not own this email address. And regarding the password reset email above...I do not live in the Ukraine. Surely this should be enough information to have someone work directly with me to reset the information on my old account - *** Email address is removed for privacy ***.

:)

FrankieCommans, Aug 22, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Compromised Microsoft account

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that your query regarding Microsoft account. I’ll certainly assist you with the details.

As you have mentioned that your account has been compromised, I would suggest you to refer the article on
    How to recover a hacked or compromised Microsoft account, which
    will help you in recovering your account.

For additional information, refer
    Reset or recover your Microsoft account

If you still face issues, do not worry, you can certainly get in touch with our Microsoft account by following the article on

Get account help by email
    or you can
    Chat with Microsoft support

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 22, 2020
  3. My Microsoft Account is compromised

My Microsoft Account is compromised. Recently I have found out that somebody is trying to access my data. This person created a Microsoft account on another computer and is tracking my moves using browsing history. Please suggest a way to delete all my
    accounts and log-ins

MikeSalmon1, Aug 22, 2020
  4. My Main Microsoft Account Has Been Compromised

Microsoft Account compromised

Hello Ade,

Thank you fo rposting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the windows 10 Family.

From the description provided, I understand that the Microsoft Account you are using has been compromised which resulted in several security features barring you from making essential changes (including login).

If you are unable to access your primary account, you can use an alternate account (if you have one) or create a new one at https://signup.live.com

If it still does not help, follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Sign in to your Microsoft account.
    • Do one of the following:
    A. If you can still sign in to your Microsoft account, you should change your password immediately. This will prevent anyone who knows your password from accessing the account. On the
    Security & privacy page, tap or click Change password and then follow the instructions.

B. If you can't sign in to your account, your password may have been changed. Tap or click
    Can't access your account? Select I think someone else is using my Microsoft account, tap or click
    Next, and follow the instructions.

You can also go directly to the
    Reset your password
    page, and follow the instructions.

Refer: Get back into your Microsoft account if it's been compromised

Write to us with the updated information for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Aug 22, 2020
Thema:

My Main Microsoft Account Has Been Compromised

1. My Main Microsoft Account Has Been Compromised - Similar Threads - Main Microsoft Account

2. My Microsoft account has been compromised.. The Microsoft link login.live.com does not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Microsoft account has been compromised.. The Microsoft link login.live.com does not...: I am certain when I login to my Microsoft account I am being directed to a ghost account that has tricked me into providing credit card information.Several months ago my phone to PC link failed. Yesterday I received a message on my phone from Microsoft with a link to restore...
  3. My Microsoft account has been compromised.. The Microsoft link login.live.com does not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Microsoft account has been compromised.. The Microsoft link login.live.com does not...: I am certain when I login to my Microsoft account I am being directed to a ghost account that has tricked me into providing credit card information.Several months ago my phone to PC link failed. Yesterday I received a message on my phone from Microsoft with a link to restore...
  4. My Microsoft account has been compromised.. The Microsoft link login.live.com does not...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. I need to verify if my account has been compromised

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to verify if my account has been compromised: I was notified thru my laptop that I had been exposed to fraud activity and there was a phone number given to call … was this legit? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-verify-if-my-account-has-been/72a03b45-5474-4513-b24f-79a67f7d2049
  6. I need to verify if my account has been compromised

I need to verify if my account has been compromised: I was notified thru my laptop that I had been exposed to fraud activity and there was a phone number given to call … was this legit? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-verify-if-my-account-has-been/72a03b45-5474-4513-b24f-79a67f7d2049
  7. I need to verify if my account has been compromised

8. So my account has been totally compromised

So my account has been totally compromised: and I managed to gain access to it by signing in to windows hello and it gave me the email it was changed to er***7******** Email address is removed for privacy *** after that I used an child account associated to my account to reset the password the problem that I have is...
  9. So my account has been totally compromised

in Windows 10 Gaming
    So my account has been totally compromised: and I managed to gain access to it by signing in to windows hello and it gave me the email it was changed to er***7******** Email address is removed for privacy *** after that I used an child account associated to my account to reset the password the problem that I have is...
  10. My email has been compromised

My email has been compromised: Whilst remotely connected to our server, I received two emails from a colleague, I replied to them and as we have read receipts turned on, my two receipts were received by the sender from different countries in Africa. Our network administrator is clearing up my account and...