Windows 10: My mainboard turns off my usb ports when i power off my computer

Discus and support My mainboard turns off my usb ports when i power off my computer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I need my usb ports on the front to stay on after i shut off my computer so they can charge my headphones during the night, but my mainboard shuts off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Cerawy, May 16, 2018.

1. Cerawy Win User

My mainboard turns off my usb ports when i power off my computer

I need my usb ports on the front to stay on after i shut off my computer so they can charge my headphones during the night, but my mainboard shuts off the usb port so my headphones are low on battery when i wake up the next morning. I did some googling but didnt find any solutions.

:)

Cerawy, May 16, 2018
  2. GBase1 Win User

Can't turn off my Samsung Focus

Hi, I can no longer turn OFF my Samsung Focus.

When I press the power button - the phone displays a black/blank page as if it was powering off but in 1 to 2 seconds, the main (locked) page re-appears.

• The phone will turn OFF if it is plugged-in to my computer (via USB) and if it is plugged-in to the wall outlet
    This just started happening after about 4 mos of use...

GBase1, May 17, 2018
  3. Olliewe88 Win User
    Usb still has power when computer is off

Hello,

When my computer is turned off my USB ports are still on.

This means my mouse and hard drives are still active. Is there anyway so that they shut down WITH the pc.

Thanks.

Olliewe88, May 17, 2018
Thema:

My mainboard turns off my usb ports when i power off my computer

1. My mainboard turns off my usb ports when i power off my computer - Similar Threads - mainboard turns off

2. My screen turns off when I startup my computer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My screen turns off when I startup my computer?: So, I’m not sure if this should be on this subreddit because I’m using an iMac. But every time I boot it up the screen goes blank and it won’t let me finish setup. I think this may be due to incorrect automatically installed drivers but I don’t know. Can anyone help?...
  3. My Computer screen keeps turning off but turns on when I plug in the power cord

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Computer screen keeps turning off but turns on when I plug in the power cord: So I have a Lenovo Laptop and whenever I unplug the power cord the screen fades out as if my brightness is changing. Whenever I put in the power cord it returns to normal. But when I type or press anything it is still going through....
  4. USB ports will not turn off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB ports will not turn off: I had this happen before on another build, but was able to fix the problem. This time, on a new build, I cannot get the usb ports to shut down when shutting off the PC. I have tried every suggestion I could find including disable fast startup, disabling selective USB...
  5. I can't turn off my computer.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't turn off my computer.: Hey, recently i bought a lenovo gaming laptop, and I upgrade it whit another ssd (because it just come whit 250gb m.2) , but since tan I can't shutdown my computer. When I shut down by the taskbar, it starts to shut down, the screen goes off and than it just comes back to...
  6. Windows Update turns off all my USB ports

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update turns off all my USB ports: I cannot do a Windows update to my Alienware i7 R2 2.5 GHz laptop because when the update is done - all my USB ports are disabled and I cannot use my USB mouse or external keyboard anymore. External hard drives and flash drives don't work either. Windows wants to update every...
  7. my computer will not power off unless i turn it off on the tower

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my computer will not power off unless i turn it off on the tower: my computer will not power of I have to use the on off button on the tower its running windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-will-not-power-off-unless-i-turn-it/af12ef84-7857-4d35-93ba-0440eaa83476
  8. Mus USB ports turning on and off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Mus USB ports turning on and off: Hi, After updating my windows 10, i am having problem with mu USB ports. I have Logitech flight instruments, Radio panel, Multi panel, when I am running P3D v4 the USBs starts acting up and then throws me out of the game? GK...
  9. Issue with USB ports turning off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Issue with USB ports turning off: Hello, I have an issue that started some time ago but I cannot find out what is causing this issue. When I first boot my PC, the USB devices will, after a short time, disconnect, then a few moments later they reconnect. This happens a few times in the first 10 minutes or so...
  10. Issue with USB ports turning off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issue with USB ports turning off: Hello, I have an issue that started some time ago but I cannot find out what is causing this issue. When I first boot my PC, the USB devices will, after a short time, disconnect, then a few moments later they reconnect. This happens a few times in the first 10 minutes or so...