Windows 10: My maximized window is front of the top of the full screen Movies and TV top bar. How do I...

Discus and support My maximized window is front of the top of the full screen Movies and TV top bar. How do I... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So I found an issue with the top bar of Movies and TV. When I watch an video on it, the maximized window goes front of the top bar. How do I fix this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Daniel Walters2010, Jun 9, 2023.

1. My maximized window is front of the top of the full screen Movies and TV top bar. How do I...

So I found an issue with the top bar of Movies and TV. When I watch an video on it, the maximized window goes front of the top bar. How do I fix this issue? Thanks! I can't provide any screenshots

:)

Daniel Walters2010, Jun 9, 2023

2. black bars on the top and bottom of the movie

hi, guys

i have been streaming some movies to my laptop ,i have a black bars on the top and bottom of the movie, how do i remove the black bars???

my laptop screen resolution is set to max (1366 x 768)

i am using windows 10

thanks for your time guys,

bluesfloyd.

bluesfloyd1, Jun 9, 2023
  3. coffent Win User
    Blank area at top of some programs when displayed in Maximized mode

I asked this question back on July 2020, but have updated it and am reposting in hopes that someone knows a solution. Others are experiencing the same problem.

The problem manifests itself as a blank area at the top of a maximized window. It occurs

• Only for certain programs (Notepad, Intel Graphics, Thunderbird, Firefox, Macro Exchange Pro32, VLC Media Player, Irfanview)
    • Not for other programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, Notepad++, PDFXchange Editor, Jarte, Mathcad, Visual Studio, Macrium Reflect)
    • Only when the window is displayed in Maximized mode on whichever monitor is designated as primary on a dual-monitor system
    When it occurs, clicking on the program's menu items does nothing, and if, for example, the X at the top right of the screen is clicked, it closes not the affected program, but rather any program underneath it.

The only way I've found to cure the problem temporarily is to reboot the computer. How long it takes before the problem recurs is variable. For example, I was free of the problem for over a month until 2 days ago. Now it's occurred 3 times in the span of 2 days.

I've seen various suggestions for curing the problem, but none have worked. For example, one person suggested using Task Manager to "end task" of dwm.exe. This works for an already-opened program, but if the program is closed and reopened the problem comes back.

This problem has been plaguing me (and others with dual monitors) for over a year. Any suggestions?

System: Windows 10 Home 2009 64-bit; Intel Graphics 630 card

[I wanted to reduce the size of these screenshots & display them side-by-side, but double-clicking them does not bring up a screen for adjusting size, as I was told. If someone can tell me how, I'll reduce them.]
    Windowed_________________________________________________________________________Maximized

My maximized window is front of the top of the full screen Movies and TV top bar. How do I... 079284t-blank-area-top-some-programs-when-displayed-maximized-mode-2021-05-03-17_11_56-greenshot.jpg

My maximized window is front of the top of the full screen Movies and TV top bar. How do I... 079315t-blank-area-top-some-programs-when-displayed-maximized-mode-2021-05-03-17_12_22-greenshot.jpg

My maximized window is front of the top of the full screen Movies and TV top bar. How do I... 079695t-blank-area-top-some-programs-when-displayed-maximized-mode-2021-05-03-17_28_13-greenshot.jpg

My maximized window is front of the top of the full screen Movies and TV top bar. How do I... 079732t-blank-area-top-some-programs-when-displayed-maximized-mode-2021-05-03-17_27_47-greenshot.jpg

coffent, Jun 9, 2023
  4. My maximized window is front of the top of the full screen Movies and TV top bar. How do I...

Minimize, Maximize and Restore taskbar showing on the top of the screen in Windosw 10.

Hello Valerie,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Are you taking about the taskbar which is shifted to top of the screen?

• Does the “white bar” show up when you hover your mouse over to the top of the screen?

If you are referring to the taskbar, whose location is now changed to top of the screen, it is because of the changed taskbar settings in the PC.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the taskbar settings and check if the issue is resolved.

• Hover the mouse to the location of the “white bar”, right-click and select
      Properties.

• From the window, select Bottom under
      Taskbar location on screen option.

• Click on Apply and OK
      to check if the changes are effective.

Method 2: If the issue persist, I suggest you to run
    System Maintenance troubleshooter and check if the issue persist.

System Maintenance troubleshooter will find and clean up unused files and shortcuts present on the system, and perform maintenance tasks which will enhance the performance of the PC.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select the top most search result.

• Select View all from the left side panel of the window.

• Select System Maintenance from the listed options, click on
      Advanced option and check Apply repairs automatically
      option.

• Follow the on screen instructions.

• Close the window after the troubleshooting is complete and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jun 9, 2023
Thema:

My maximized window is front of the top of the full screen Movies and TV top bar. How do I...

1. My maximized window is front of the top of the full screen Movies and TV top bar. How do I... - Similar Threads - maximized window front

2. My maximized window is front of the top of the full screen Movies and TV top bar. How do I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My maximized window is front of the top of the full screen Movies and TV top bar. How do I...: So I found an issue with the top bar of Movies and TV. When I watch an video on it, the maximized window goes front of the top bar. How do I fix this issue? Thanks! I can't provide any screenshots...
  3. How do I remove this white bar that appears at the top of the screen when I go full screen...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I remove this white bar that appears at the top of the screen when I go full screen...: So I recently built a pc and whenever I try to play a video game such as Minecraft this white bar appears at the top of my screen with the option to close, minimize or see all my tabs in the top right-hand corner and the game I am playings name in the top left. Is there any...
  4. How do I remove this white bar that appears at the top of the screen when I go full screen...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove this white bar that appears at the top of the screen when I go full screen...: So I recently built a pc and whenever I try to play a video game such as Minecraft this white bar appears at the top of my screen with the option to close, minimize or see all my tabs in the top right-hand corner and the game I am playings name in the top left. Is there any...
  5. White screen at the top of my bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    White screen at the top of my bar: Hi! I was playing a game Genshin Impact using full screen, mode, and everything was going smoothly. But then I pressed something on my keyboard, and a white bar suddenly appeared at the top. I can't seem to find any way to get rid of it, and it is really irritating since it...
  6. a black bar on top of my screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    a black bar on top of my screen: hey there, [ATTACH]any ideas on how to hide this black bar?! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-black-bar-on-top-of-my-screen/2e9cfcce-6a8a-47b3-9130-77c484f5d8da
  7. Search Bar at the top of my screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Search Bar at the top of my screen: Hello, I recently opened my windows 10 and found a search bar at the top of my screen. Other apps' full screen don't go to the top of the screen either. Can anyone tell me how to get rid of it? Here's a screen shot: [ATTACH]...
  8. White bar at the top of maximized (full screen) programs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    White bar at the top of maximized (full screen) programs: I'm having an issue when certain programs are maximized (Firefox and Chrome) they cause a bar to appear at the top of them on a second monitor above the one the program is on. This bar appears over any window that's on the second monitor as long as the maximized program is in...
  9. How do I get this annoying bar off the top of my screen??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I get this annoying bar off the top of my screen??: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/FishFilletYT [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fr8yg4/how_do_i_get_this_annoying_bar_off_the_top_of_my/
  10. Search Bar at the top of my screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Search Bar at the top of my screen: This search bar suddenly appeared on the top of my laptop screen, nothing will make it go away. I have tried looking for the Web Bar thing in the control panel but nothing comes up.... is there any other way to fix this????[ATTACH]...