Windows 10: My Mcafee Firewall is snoozed by windows 10

Discus and support My Mcafee Firewall is snoozed by windows 10 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Anyone seen this problem? McAfee says the Firewall is turned on and Win 10 Security says its "snoozed"... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RonSimmons4, Mar 7, 2021.

1. My Mcafee Firewall is snoozed by windows 10

Anyone seen this problem? McAfee says the Firewall is turned on and Win 10 Security says its "snoozed"

:)

RonSimmons4, Mar 7, 2021

2. Windows firewall 'turn on' grayed out

In the security and maintenance, whenever I want to turn on windows firewall instead of McAfee the option to turn windows firewall on is grayed out, and McAfee doesn't have a turn off option. Disabling the McAfee's firewall from McAfee lists it as 'snooze'
    in the security and maintenance, and still doesn't give me the option to turn on windows firewall, so a fix would be helpful.

I want to do this because in windows firewall, I can block certain ports using the outbound rules, which I intend to use for a game. However, I can't seem to find any option to change the rules in McAfee for outgoing. It's frustrating, so if anybody knows,
    a guide to changing designated ports, or changing the outbound rules with McAfee, then that would work too.

GloriousLeaf, Mar 7, 2021
  3. Neither McAfee nor Windows firewall will stay on

@janetcarroll -

Windows Defender does not control the firewall service. Windows Defender will not run if it detects any third party is installed. I'm not sure which version of McAfee you have running, or if it has a built in firewall service. If McAfee has a firewall
    service, and you would like to keep it, I suggest you search McAfee support forums for answers.

If you want to uninstall McAfee and use Windows Defender and Windows Firewall services try uninstalling through Program and Features, else you will need to run a removal tool found here :

List of anti-malware product removal tools

If you haven't already - can you try executing the following command (from an elevated command prompt) : "%programfiles%\windows defender\MpCmdRun.exe" -wdenable

If this doesn't work - do let me know what 'Virus Protection' is displayed in the 'Security' section of Security Center.
    Windows Defender will not launch if there is a 3rd party registered.

Thx,

CJ.Eichholz (MSFT) - Microsoft Antimalware

CyberDust:
    +msft_cjeichholz

Twitter :
    @msft_cjeichholz

This post is provided as-is with no warranty or support.

CJ. Eichholz [MSFT], Mar 7, 2021
  4. My Mcafee Firewall is snoozed by windows 10

McAfee firewall turns itself off

I have a Dell laptop upgraded to Windows 10. I received an update on 2/11/16. Since then my McAfee firewall turns off on its on and I have to manually turn it on again every time.

It makes no difference if the MS Windows Defender firewall is on or not. The McAfee firewall just does its on thing.

McAfee told me they could not help because I was using a Verizon Hotspot. It isn't a public hotspot, it is my own personal one.

So kind of wondering what to do.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Richard A.

[Moved from Virus & Malware]

RichardAnderon, Mar 7, 2021
Thema:

My Mcafee Firewall is snoozed by windows 10

1. My Mcafee Firewall is snoozed by windows 10 - Similar Threads - Mcafee Firewall snoozed

2. Security Snooze Now on Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security Snooze Now on Windows 10: What is the solution to these problems? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/security-snooze-now-on-windows-10/b31aa617-ba4a-4bc8-a54a-2213d1a35527
  3. Unable to Turn on Windows Firewall & McAfee Firewall

Unable to Turn on Windows Firewall & McAfee Firewall: Hi, I'm using McAfee Total Protection for my device. But, I'm getting notification on my device that Both Firewall has been turned Off. But, while checking on McAfee, it shows Firewall status as ON. But, on my device, Firewall status shows, it is in ON state. While,...
  4. Snooze alarm

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snooze alarm: 1. Snooze alarm is not working correctly. It comes up when it is suppose to. I click on the snooze time. But, it does not go off again. 2. When that alarm pops up, almost immediately, I get another pop up snooze alarm box. I have only one alarm set and I am getting 2...
  5. Turning off Firewall &/or McAfee Anti-Virus temporarily

Turning off Firewall &/or McAfee Anti-Virus temporarily: I've been having a problem with the 4k YouTube to MP3 program, and this is one of support's suggestions: Turn off firewall, antivirus or any other program that may interfere with 4K YouTube to MP3's working at least for the time of downloading. If it has solved the issue...
  6. McAfee firewall will not uninstall. Trying to let Microsoft work.

McAfee firewall will not uninstall. Trying to let Microsoft work.: McAfee firewall will not uninstall. Trying to let Microsoft work. I didn't install it for this 4 day free trial. Just came to computer today and it was there. Won't let me uninstall. Says another program is busy uninstalling....
  7. switch from McAfee firewall back to windows 10 firewall & defender

switch from McAfee firewall back to windows 10 firewall & defender: My new computer came with a 30 day trial version of McAfee. I do not wish to use it and want to turn windows firewall and defender back on. I can turn off McAfee firewall, but I can't seem to find how to turn defender and firewall on. McAfee seems to be blocking every...
  8. Notification message on every boot: Windows Firewall and McAfee Firewall are both turned...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Notification message on every boot: Windows Firewall and McAfee Firewall are both turned...: For the past year that I've had my laptop, I've always been greeted a few minutes after login with a notification that reads: "View firewall options Windows Firewall and McAfee Firewall are both turned off. Tap or click to see available options." I get a similar message...
  9. Windows firewall/McAfee

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows firewall/McAfee: It says my Windows firewall is controlled my vendor McAfee. I don't have McAfee. What does this mean? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-firewallmcafee/9e4e843a-5cdc-4c3e-856b-3fbc6304a666
  10. Windows Firewall and McAfee Firewall are both turned off

Windows Firewall and McAfee Firewall are both turned off: Have just started using Windows 10 (after years on Windows 8) and am generally happy with it, but I am constantly getting a notification telling me that "Windows Firewall and McAfee Firewall are both turned off; tap or click to see available options". But I go to Windows...