Windows 10: My McAfee found this issue in C drive> users> my name> App data.

Discus and support My McAfee found this issue in C drive> users> my name> App data. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My McAfee found this issue while scanning, however, I cannot locate this file or delete it from the antivirus itself. Also, the date modified for this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jossil Varghese, May 26, 2023.

1. My McAfee found this issue in C drive> users> my name> App data.

My McAfee found this issue while scanning, however, I cannot locate this file or delete it from the antivirus itself. Also, the date modified for this folder is way before I bought my laptop. I'm not sure if this is a system file or something important. Please advise on what to do. I've uploaded screenshots at the link below. https://ibb.co/tKcXgjF https://ibb.co/f8CHGSY

:)

Jossil Varghese, May 26, 2023
  2. deving Win User

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, May 26, 2023
  3. Anak Win User
    Optical Drive Issue

Hi Jerry, you're welcome.

Here's mine after I rt clk'd on my Documents Folder like you show in Scrsht 11:

My McAfee found this issue in C drive> users> my name> App data. 264204d1579788485t-optical-drive-issue-send-.png

I'd like to wait until you reply to my question in Scrsht 12, if it is a remnant of the process try deleting the one on the dsktp and see if the one in send to also disappears. If it stays in send to, test it, and if you're still having problems I'd suggest you could go back to: Option One: To Add or Remove Items in Send To context menu for Your Account (current user) and do Step 3 to remove it and start over using Step 4 but be very careful of your steps in creating the shortcut and be sure you d&d that shortcut to the send to part of the address.

I'm busy today and I probably won't be back until the evening.

4. My McAfee found this issue in C drive> users> my name> App data.

Change user name on c drive to match administrator name.

I just bought a new laptop as the hard drive on my old one died. It had two users, “John” and “Jane”. The computer store where I bought the new laptop named it John, but I want it to be Jane. I changed the administrator name to Jane and that works, however when I go to c /users it still list John: for example c/users/John and I want to change that to c/users/Jane. I have not been able to figure out how to change the user name to agree with the user name on the c drive. Could someone please explain how you do that on windows 10? Thank you.

Hereathome, May 26, 2023
Thema:

My McAfee found this issue in C drive> users> my name> App data.

1. My McAfee found this issue in C drive> users> my name> App data. - Similar Threads - McAfee found issue

2. My name is incorrect on C Drive >Users Path

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My name is incorrect on C Drive >Users Path: This PC > Windows C: > Users >teresIt should be:This PC > Windows C: > Users >teresaHow can I change it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-name-is-incorrect-on-c-drive-users-path/58b0322e-4105-40fe-9160-835acb0d1b42
  3. My name is incorrect on C Drive >Users Path

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My name is incorrect on C Drive >Users Path: This PC > Windows C: > Users >teresIt should be:This PC > Windows C: > Users >teresaHow can I change it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-name-is-incorrect-on-c-drive-users-path/58b0322e-4105-40fe-9160-835acb0d1b42
  4. i found a document file named as License in my C drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i found a document file named as License in my C drive: i tried to use windows sandbox in windows 11 home using a code i found on internet@echo off echo Checking for permissions >nul 2>&1 "%SYSTEMROOT%\system32\cacls.exe" "%SYSTEMROOT%\system32\config\system" echo Permission check result: %errorlevel% REM --> If error flag set, we...
  5. i found a document file named as License in my C drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i found a document file named as License in my C drive: i tried to use windows sandbox in windows 11 home using a code i found on internet@echo off echo Checking for permissions >nul 2>&1 "%SYSTEMROOT%\system32\cacls.exe" "%SYSTEMROOT%\system32\config\system" echo Permission check result: %errorlevel% REM --> If error flag set, we...
  6. My McAfee found this issue in C drive> users> my name> App data.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My McAfee found this issue in C drive> users> my name> App data.: My McAfee found this issue while scanning, however, I cannot locate this file or delete it from the antivirus itself. Also, the date modified for this folder is way before I bought my laptop. I'm not sure if this is a system file or something important. Please advise on what...
  7. how i change my users name in c drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    how i change my users name in c drive: how can i change my users name from C:\Users\BARADA PRASAD SAHOO To Barada Only https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-i-change-my-users-name-in-c-drive/c23683ef-9ebc-4e31-aab5-78dac56e6f6e
  8. Change the folder name of my User inside C Drive

Change the folder name of my User inside C Drive: I want to change the user folder name from Atul Gaur to atul. Because of the space between the name I am experiencing many issues in installing many different things. I have Windows 10 Home installed on my computer. Please help me with this problem. How can I rename it?...
  9. changing user name in drive c

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    changing user name in drive c: Can and how do I change my user name in drive C on my new computer to match my old computer so that my files from my photo book will link correctly? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-user-name-in-drive-c/35393109-666d-4897-a2d1-55c5596899f0"
  10. C:\Users\(my name)\Appdata Error

C:\Users\(my name)\Appdata Error: Hi All, Can someone please help me fix this error. There was some windows 10 updates done a few days ago and when I want to open any documents (regardless of what drive they are on), I get this error message. So before I do a factory reset, is there a way to resolve...