Windows 10: My mic is causing a constant "Hiss" through my headphones and I can hear myself speak too...

Discus and support My mic is causing a constant "Hiss" through my headphones and I can hear myself speak too... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I started a new job yesterday and had problems the whole time with getting my audio set up (great first impression). It's working now but I have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheEuphoria, Jan 26, 2021.

1. My mic is causing a constant "Hiss" through my headphones and I can hear myself speak too...

I started a new job yesterday and had problems the whole time with getting my audio set up (great first impression).
    It's working now but I have a constant Hissing through my headphones when the mic is plugged in and if I talk loudly or tap the mic I can hear it clearly through the headphones. The issue is I've been into the Sound settings in W10 and disabled the Listen to this device setting and set the Boost to 0 and Mic level to 1 but it still does it.
    Plus, when I used to use this mic and headphones on the same PC but using an older OS, I didn't have these issues.

Is there any other setting I'm missing that causes this or is this just the norm on Win10?

submitted by /u/TheEuphoria
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TheEuphoria, Jan 26, 2021

2. Headphone mic not working

I just bought Razer Kraken headphones. I can't speak through my mic but can hear. Any suggestions?

SamMedina1, Jan 26, 2021
  3. mudsir Win User
    E63 hiss

When I use high quality headphones i definitely hear an irritating hiss, but with the nokia supplied headphones there is no hiss.

mudsir, Jan 26, 2021
  4. Aman Win User

My mic is causing a constant "Hiss" through my headphones and I can hear myself speak too...

Headphone mic not working with laptop 3.5mm port

I have sennheiser hd4.40 wireless headphone. I also got a cable with headphone having 2.5mm pin(attached to headphone) to 3.5mm pin(attached to mobile phone).

Problem is that when i connect 3.5mm pin to my mobile phone headphone jack, in call i am able to use mic and headphone both at same time but:

1. When i connect the 3.5mm pin to 3.5mm jack for mic on my laptop, i am not able to use the mic.(my laptop has separate 3.5mm mic and 3.5mm headphone jack)
    2. When i connect to 3.5mm jack for headphone, only headphone is working with laptop not mic.

Please do not suggest why I am not using Bluetooth because it is a separate problem.

I am missing something or maybe this may be limitation or something else. Help me on this. :-(

Thema:

My mic is causing a constant "Hiss" through my headphones and I can hear myself speak too...

1. My mic is causing a constant "Hiss" through my headphones and I can hear myself speak too... - Similar Threads - mic causing constant

2. Hearing my own mic in my headphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hearing my own mic in my headphones: 1. Listen to Decide is OFF. No tick. Not selected. Not the reason for this problem.2. I am not the only one with the problem. There are many posts like this one I provide as an example. For some reason this thread has been disabled without being...
  3. I can hear myself through my headphones and I can seem to fix it on the sound control panel?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can hear myself through my headphones and I can seem to fix it on the sound control panel?: I have windows 11 and I recently got a new headset with a mic, while I was testing the mic out I could hear myself through my headphones and I tried doing all thee necessary things to fix this. I would really appreciate if anyone can help me. Thank you...
  4. I can hear myself through my headphones and I can seem to fix it on the sound control panel?

I can hear myself through my headphones and I can seem to fix it on the sound control panel?: I have windows 11 and I recently got a new headset with a mic, while I was testing the mic out I could hear myself through my headphones and I tried doing all thee necessary things to fix this. I would really appreciate if anyone can help me. Thank you...
  5. I can hear myself through my headset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can hear myself through my headset: Hey, I got a new headset recently Steelseries Arctis 5 and I tried to use it on my PC just now but I can hear myself whenever my mic is plugged in, I have listen to this device off and I can't find anyway to fix the problem...
  6. I can hear myself through my headset

I can hear myself through my headset: Hey, I got a new headset recently Steelseries Arctis 5 and I tried to use it on my PC just now but I can hear myself whenever my mic is plugged in, I have listen to this device off and I can't find anyway to fix the problem...
  7. I can hear myself through my headset

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. I can hear my system audio through my mic, help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can hear my system audio through my mic, help: So recently I switched to a microphone that connects via an audio jack rather than USB, and now I can hear my system audio (pretty quietly tho) through the mic. it isn't bleeding from my headset, as it does that when I mute the headset too. How do I fix this? submitted by...
  9. When using my wireless headphones i only hear myself through my mic.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When using my wireless headphones i only hear myself through my mic.: I have scoured the internet and found no answers. When going into "Sounds" and then into "Recording", i suddenly hear myself through my mic (listen to this device is disabled). Also, when using Skype, Zoom or any voice chat service, all the sounds coming from my PC (for...
  10. I hear myself through my headset.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I hear myself through my headset.: Hello, i've had a problem before that i hear myself through my headset. Its not an echo its just live & without delay. Its like talking into a microhphone with speakers around you. I couldn't find a fix 1 year ago so i rolled back to an old windows because no1 was able to...