Windows 10: My mic is echoing for other people

Discus and support My mic is echoing for other people in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I use these headsets for gaming on the Xbox and everything works fine there but when I'm using it on my PC, everything that other people say echoes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RaniKSE, Oct 22, 2020.

1. RaniKSE Win User

My mic is echoing for other people

So I use these headsets for gaming on the Xbox and everything works fine there but when I'm using it on my PC, everything that other people say echoes for them, I hear everything fine but even when i'm muted it echoes.

:)

RaniKSE, Oct 22, 2020

2. Mic echoing with a headset

Tried front panel, it didn't work. Note that my drivers are so bad I have to reinstall them each time I plug the usb somewhere else.

Listen to mic isn't enabled. There was an "AGC" checkbox, which made my mic sound louder, like a boost - unticking it didn't do anything to the echo though (there was less echo I guess, but that's normal since the mic was quieter).

The Noise Suppression thing that you're showing me I think is something specific to your drivers. All I have is two silly "echo" and "magic voice" effects ... disabling all sound effects doesn't do anything, and I don't have any "Immediate Mode" checkbox. Sorry about the french UI - imgur.com
    Thanks for the help *Smile My mic is echoing for other people :)

Modinstaller, Oct 22, 2020
  3. Mic echoing with a headset

Hey. I've got a GA-78LMT-S2P motherboard with a S.O.G XPERT-H1 headset (it's USB, the mic is attached and retractable).

Any sound that comes through my headset echoes into my mic. It's exactly like if I had speakers.

Couldn't fix this problem in years, hoping somebody here may at least shed some light on its source. I will try the headset on another computer later on today, but in the meanwhile here's what I've tried and what I know :
    - That headset's quality is pretty poor all around (I got it for 32€). Drivers suck balls, the headphones' coating is shedding off ... I regret buying off-brand. I've seen many people saying that a poor quality headset will have this kind of problem, due to the wiring of the cables inside, so this is a possibility, though I'd rather fix it if possible at all.
    - It appears that only sounds that come off the left side echo into the mic (and it's attached to the left side). I noticed that when listening to my mic and running the little windows sound test that plays something left then right.
    - No sound is echoed when the mic is muted.
    - Sound still echoes at the same volume when blocking the microphone with some cloth. (so it's not sound leaking from the headphones)
    - This kept happening throughout several windows installations (and several drivers installations).
    - No Stereo Mix to disable, couldn't find anything to disable anywhere.
    - Tried plugging it in the front of my case (it's usually back).

The last headset I had before this one also had this problem, except it actually appeared overnight. That btw was one of the reasons I got a new headset.

Does anyone have any idea what this could be coming from ? Any sure way to confirm that this is a hardware problem and not software ?

Thanks for reading. Have a good one !

PS : For anyone curious why I'm trying to fix this now after years, discord has an echo cancellation feature which made the issue rather trivial, but I started playing Overwatch and I don't want to annoy anyone with echo (especially since I'd rather be open mic than push to talk).

Edit : for reference here's the other post I made about this before giving up http://www.techsupportforum.com/for...king-up-sound-from-my-headphones-1147913.html

Modinstaller, Oct 22, 2020
  4. KevinUZ Win User

Mic echo

My parents bought me a newer mw 7000 mic and when I connected everything and put the cable in to my computer my voice started echoing. Is this the cheap mic or is it something I need to fix?

KevinUZ, Oct 22, 2020
Thema:

1. My mic is echoing for other people - Similar Threads - mic echoing

2. How to fix your Mic echo on Xbox

in Windows 10 News
    How to fix your Mic echo on Xbox: [ATTACH]Some users have experienced an echo effect while communicating with their friends in Xbox Live Party. Xbox Live Party lets you invite people to communicate with one another while watching movies and playing games. You can invite up to 7 people to Xbox Live Party. If...
  3. Fix MIC echo effect on Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix MIC echo effect on Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]Are you getting an echo effect in the sound recorded by your microphone? If yes, here are some suggestions for you. Due to the echo effect, users are not getting the desired quality in the recorded audio. In this article, we will see some solutions to fix the MIC echo...
  4. Windows 10 mic on my laptop is echoing and i don't know how to fix it!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 mic on my laptop is echoing and i don't know how to fix it!: Yeah so bassicly Windows 10 mic is echoing and idk what to do about it searching through YT hasn't helped I am on a HP laptop with Intel core i5 if you need more info about the laptop ask me but please help! submitted by /u/aredma1 [link] [comments]...
  5. Mic echoing sound, yet not registered with PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mic echoing sound, yet not registered with PC: I have had a problem with my computer for the past week now, where sound is being reflected though my output audio into my input. It is not an issue with my headset; I muted my headset, and even bought a new one, yet the problem persisted. I have tried uninstalling and...
  6. Weird Mic echo in games

Weird Mic echo in games: Hi, my friends have been complaining about mic echoing within games such as COD as well as Xbox parties on the computer, I have tried multiple headsets which all have the problem, it becomes weirder as when I mute my headset there can still be echoing heard the only solution...
  7. My headphones mic keeps echoing. (laptop)

My headphones mic keeps echoing. (laptop): I tried to join google meet in the new browser microsoft edge, whenever I talk it comes with an echo and has like an eerie sound. How do I fix it? It wasn’t like this before. I even tried my brother’s headphones mic that works fine on his pc but it still on echo when I...
  8. Echoing sound with headphone mic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Echoing sound with headphone mic: Hi. Does anyone know how to stop the sound from being tinny and echoing when recording using the camera app and a headphone mic set? I don't really understand what the sound settings do, so I might have set them wrong....
  9. Echo from Speaker/Mic

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Echo from Speaker/Mic: I'm on Windows 10 on a 1 year old HP laptop. When I have the integrated Speaker/Headphone Realtek R Audio enabled I hear noise all the time and an echo when I speak/use the keyboard etc. I've tried muting my mic and muting speakers etc. Troubleshooter, Cortina, etc but if I...
  10. headset mic echoing

in Windows 10 Customization
    headset mic echoing: My mic is is echoing and it is being used by svchost I tried removing listen to device and it worked but then my mic stopped working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headset-mic-echoing/b2dac021-32f8-43dd-8b34-2038c37c07b6