Windows 10: My mic is not working

Discus and support My mic is not working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; my microphone works in the Windows Settings test the input sound but other apps can't hear it. I also tried plugging in a headset with a microphone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mr.Dong_NTD, Aug 17, 2022.

1. My mic is not working

my microphone works in the Windows Settings test the input sound but other apps can't hear it. I also tried plugging in a headset with a microphone Update driver and Reinstall driver but it still doesn't work Laptop: HP Pavillion 14Windows 11

:)

Mr.Dong_NTD, Aug 17, 2022
  2. fireberd Win User

USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Aug 18, 2022
  3. vindows Win User
    Front Panel Headphones and Mic not working.

Hey Everyone,

Mobo : ASUS M2N MX SE
    Processor : AMD Athlon X2 5200+

My Rear panel Speakers and mic works all fine. I got a new set of headphones(with mic) when i connect it to the front panel they don't work. NO SOUND OUTPUT.

I updated the audio drivers. I tried a few many things but I still can't get them running.
    My default Sound Manager is Realtek HD Audio Manager.

Please help me get my Front Panel working. A step-by-step guide would be better.
    Thanks.

vindows, Aug 18, 2022
  4. My mic is not working

mic no work again

mic no work again
    this always happens like randomly sometimes
    and i didnt even do anything and windows so buggy this just happens randomly

i need list of everything to check and do to see if any of them work
    mic that comes with computer
    mic is on, etc etc

tested on 4-5 mic sites, doenst work on any

helpfixcomputer, Aug 18, 2022
Thema:

My mic is not working

1. My mic is not working - Similar Threads - mic working

2. this is weird my mic is so low on sound it works on xbox but not pc if there is anyone that...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    this is weird my mic is so low on sound it works on xbox but not pc if there is anyone that...: its so annoying https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-is-weird-my-mic-is-so-low-on-sound-it-works/67715f1a-dbae-47d3-9986-d5b66d7b2dc1
  3. this is weird my mic is so low on sound it works on xbox but not pc if there is anyone that...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    this is weird my mic is so low on sound it works on xbox but not pc if there is anyone that...: its so annoying https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-is-weird-my-mic-is-so-low-on-sound-it-works/67715f1a-dbae-47d3-9986-d5b66d7b2dc1
  4. My mic doesn't work on any apps.. pls help me

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mic doesn't work on any apps.. pls help me: Hi theremyself xdz.... I have some microphone issue! currently i am using HP 240z small factor workstation....i am using windows 11 pro and i tried everything from the internet.. i tried from youtube but it didn't work... i have no idea why its not working... is it the driver...
  5. My mic doesn't work on any apps.. pls help me

My mic doesn't work on any apps.. pls help me: Hi theremyself xdz.... I have some microphone issue! currently i am using HP 240z small factor workstation....i am using windows 11 pro and i tried everything from the internet.. i tried from youtube but it didn't work... i have no idea why its not working... is it the driver...
  6. Bluetooth headphones mic does not work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth headphones mic does not work.: I have recently bought a new Bluetooth headphone and and i want to connect it to my pc .It gets connected and shows mic and audio both are connected but while using it the audio work but the mic does not. image of device connected statussomehow when any app tries to use the...
  7. Bluetooth headphones mic does not work.

Bluetooth headphones mic does not work.: I have recently bought a new Bluetooth headphone and and i want to connect it to my pc .It gets connected and shows mic and audio both are connected but while using it the audio work but the mic does not. image of device connected statussomehow when any app tries to use the...
  8. Mute/Unmute Mic Button on Keyboard Doesn’t Work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mute/Unmute Mic Button on Keyboard Doesn’t Work: The key to mute/unmute my mic hasn't been working recently. Usually, it would show a semi-transparent pop-up whenever I'd press it like in the picture below, but now it doesn't show a pop-up at all. Pressing it seems to have no effect on whether my mic is on or off I tried...
  9. Mute/Unmute Mic Button on Keyboard Doesn’t Work

Mute/Unmute Mic Button on Keyboard Doesn’t Work: The key to mute/unmute my mic hasn't been working recently. Usually, it would show a semi-transparent pop-up whenever I'd press it like in the picture below, but now it doesn't show a pop-up at all. Pressing it seems to have no effect on whether my mic is on or off I tried...
  10. mic isnt working

mic isnt working: my brand new mic works on other devices but refuses to give a squeak on my pc. its a usb mic. ive done everything suggested in help forums and it still isnt working. ive also tried with airpods and none of the options i have worked, yet they worked elsewhere, so i know this...