Windows 10: My mic is not working

Discus and support My mic is not working in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; my microphone works in the Windows Settings test the input sound but other apps can't hear it. I also tried plugging in a headset with a microphone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Mr.Dong_NTD, Aug 17, 2022.

1. My mic is not working

my microphone works in the Windows Settings test the input sound but other apps can't hear it. I also tried plugging in a headset with a microphone Update driver and Reinstall driver but it still doesn't work Laptop: HP Pavillion 14Windows 11

:)

Mr.Dong_NTD, Aug 17, 2022
  2. fireberd Win User

USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Aug 17, 2022
  3. vindows Win User
    Front Panel Headphones and Mic not working.

Hey Everyone,

Mobo : ASUS M2N MX SE
    Processor : AMD Athlon X2 5200+

My Rear panel Speakers and mic works all fine. I got a new set of headphones(with mic) when i connect it to the front panel they don't work. NO SOUND OUTPUT.

I updated the audio drivers. I tried a few many things but I still can't get them running.
    My default Sound Manager is Realtek HD Audio Manager.

Please help me get my Front Panel working. A step-by-step guide would be better.
    Thanks.

vindows, Aug 17, 2022
  4. My mic is not working

mic no work again

mic no work again
    this always happens like randomly sometimes
    and i didnt even do anything and windows so buggy this just happens randomly

i need list of everything to check and do to see if any of them work
    mic that comes with computer
    mic is on, etc etc

tested on 4-5 mic sites, doenst work on any

helpfixcomputer, Aug 17, 2022
Thema:

My mic is not working

1. My mic is not working - Similar Threads - mic working

2. Mute/Unmute Mic Button on Keyboard Doesn’t Work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mute/Unmute Mic Button on Keyboard Doesn’t Work: The key to mute/unmute my mic hasn't been working recently. Usually, it would show a semi-transparent pop-up whenever I'd press it like in the picture below, but now it doesn't show a pop-up at all. Pressing it seems to have no effect on whether my mic is on or off I tried...
  3. Mute/Unmute Mic Button on Keyboard Doesn’t Work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mute/Unmute Mic Button on Keyboard Doesn’t Work: The key to mute/unmute my mic hasn't been working recently. Usually, it would show a semi-transparent pop-up whenever I'd press it like in the picture below, but now it doesn't show a pop-up at all. Pressing it seems to have no effect on whether my mic is on or off I tried...
  4. mic isnt working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mic isnt working: my brand new mic works on other devices but refuses to give a squeak on my pc. its a usb mic. ive done everything suggested in help forums and it still isnt working. ive also tried with airpods and none of the options i have worked, yet they worked elsewhere, so i know this...
  5. mic isnt working

mic isnt working: my brand new mic works on other devices but refuses to give a squeak on my pc. its a usb mic. ive done everything suggested in help forums and it still isnt working. ive also tried with airpods and none of the options i have worked, yet they worked elsewhere, so i know this...
  6. Headset with mic not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset with mic not working: I have tried to use a headset with a mic and when I plug it in it doesn't read the mic and I've tried everything. I have a dell optiplex 7060 sff with i5-8500 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headset-with-mic-not-working/b1163060-1738-49ba-868e-fac2316ef001
  7. Headset with mic not working

Headset with mic not working: I have tried to use a headset with a mic and when I plug it in it doesn't read the mic and I've tried everything. I have a dell optiplex 7060 sff with i5-8500 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headset-with-mic-not-working/b1163060-1738-49ba-868e-fac2316ef001
  8. for some reason I cannot get the mic on my headset to work on my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    for some reason I cannot get the mic on my headset to work on my computer.: hey. my mic doesnt work on my computer. it doesnt work on my laptop but works on my main pc so i assume its not a issue with my mic. I updated all my drivers and even deleted my michrophone driver and restarted it again. none if tgus wokred and i hope it can get fixed...
  9. for some reason I cannot get the mic on my headset to work on my computer.

for some reason I cannot get the mic on my headset to work on my computer.: hey. my mic doesnt work on my computer. it doesnt work on my laptop but works on my main pc so i assume its not a issue with my mic. I updated all my drivers and even deleted my michrophone driver and restarted it again. none if tgus wokred and i hope it can get fixed...
  10. why is my mic not working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is my mic not working?: today i was just having fun when i called my friends on discord after updating windows, and my detachable mic stopped working, idk what to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-mic-not-working/7f9db8a5-1cd0-4ea3-aee7-e9613e792c6f