Windows 10: My mic is so much louder than the rest of my desktop

Discus and support My mic is so much louder than the rest of my desktop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, for the past 9 months ive had the problem of trying to record things , only to find out that the background noise (friends talking in discord,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ThomasShephard1, Sep 28, 2018.

1. My mic is so much louder than the rest of my desktop

Hello,

for the past 9 months ive had the problem of trying to record things , only to find out that the background noise (friends talking in discord, game sounds, videos ect.) is really quiet.

Here i have attached a video to show you what it sounds like in playback.

Things to note:

In this clip, my volume control on my PC is on maximum (100)

My headset does have a seperate volume slider, however i turned it low just to make the volume 100 (so it sounds normal for me)

My headset is also very cheap, so im not sure if it's a problem with the headset or windows in general.

My mic is boosted to +10dB

It might not sound that bad in the clip, but it is really noticable because i usually have my sound anywhere from 40-50 .

Video HERE

EDIT:

it appears in this video you cant hear my mic and the sound is louder, but in my files you can hear my voice and the video is quieter, something wrong with youtube maybe? idk either way can you guys still let me know if you've had this problem

:)

ThomasShephard1, Sep 28, 2018
  2. fireberd Win User

USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Sep 28, 2018
  3. ASRockIQ Win User
    Issues with Mic? a MB issue? OS issue?

shed some light here. i plugged my Mic. to front panel and the volume is louder but the issue with the Detection at first is still happening. i have to hit the *Detect Audio Devices button in order to get a better connection or whatever. i'll try what you suggested.

ASRockIQ, Sep 28, 2018
  4. My mic is so much louder than the rest of my desktop

Headset mic not working

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This might occur when some of the mic setting got corrupted.

I would suggest you to try running Recording audio troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search area on the taskbar and select
      Troubleshooting.

• Select Hardware and Sound.

• Select Recording Audio under
      Sound
      and follow the on screen.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Sep 28, 2018
Thema:

My mic is so much louder than the rest of my desktop

1. My mic is so much louder than the rest of my desktop - Similar Threads - mic much louder

2. My pc has a much slower and unstable internet connection than the rest of my devices.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc has a much slower and unstable internet connection than the rest of my devices.: Whenever I run a speed test I get around 50-70 Mbps on my PC while everything else is on around 140-150, I have tried every troubleshooting method provided by Microsoft from cmd prompt commands, installing my drivers, updating them, disabling firewalls, moving my PC and...
  3. My pc has a much slower and unstable internet connection than the rest of my devices.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc has a much slower and unstable internet connection than the rest of my devices.: Whenever I run a speed test I get around 50-70 Mbps on my PC while everything else is on around 140-150, I have tried every troubleshooting method provided by Microsoft from cmd prompt commands, installing my drivers, updating them, disabling firewalls, moving my PC and...
  4. My pc has a much slower and unstable internet connection than the rest of my devices.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. The right earbud is sometimes louder than the left on my laptop.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The right earbud is sometimes louder than the left on my laptop.: I have Windows 10 on a Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga370. My left earbud will randomly become lower than my right sometimes. They will do this even though they're balanced. I know it's not the earbuds because I've tried different ones and it's not the plug either because I tried a USB...
  6. The right earbud is sometimes louder than the left on my laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The right earbud is sometimes louder than the left on my laptop.: I have Windows 10 on a Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga370. My left earbud will randomly become lower than my right sometimes. They will do this even though they're balanced. I know it's not the earbuds because I've tried different ones and it's not the plug either because I tried a USB...
  7. The right earbud is sometimes louder than the left on my laptop.

8. My computer is crashing so much.

My computer is crashing so much.: While using my computer, my pc crashes frequently and when crashing it freezes what I'm doing, violating stuttering the latest audio and reboots with no BSOD. I've been suffering for about 6 months now. I've tried all sfc scans, memory diagnostics, checked to see if I had one...
  9. My computer is crashing so much.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer is crashing so much.: While using my computer, my pc crashes frequently and when crashing it freezes what I'm doing, violating stuttering the latest audio and reboots with no BSOD. I've been suffering for about 6 months now. I've tried all sfc scans, memory diagnostics, checked to see if I had one...
  10. Headset much louder on right side than left side

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset much louder on right side than left side: I unplugged my wireless headset and plugged it back in and all of a sudden the right ear was way louder than the left one and I saw tutorials to go into sound and change the balance but there is no balance option there....