Windows 10: My Mic Isnt Detected By My Laptop

Discus and support My Mic Isnt Detected By My Laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My mic on my headset doesn't get connected and doesnt work, I can only hear things but can speak things? My headphones are the nivava k11 gaming... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TheFurryOtter, Sep 28, 2020.

1. My Mic Isnt Detected By My Laptop

My mic on my headset doesn't get connected and doesnt work, I can only hear things but can speak things?
    My headphones are the nivava k11 gaming headset
    and I used a Dell Inspirion Laptop which uses Window 10 Enterprise

:)

TheFurryOtter, Sep 28, 2020
  2. Berton Win User

My Mic Isnt Detected By My Laptop

Usually a Notebook/Laptop has a built-in mic to go with the built-in camera and the headset jack/port may not support an external microphone or combination mic/headset or even have a separate mic jack. Maybe the BIOS has a place to disable the built-in mic?

Berton, Sep 28, 2020
  3. Windbrand Win User
    Laptop won't detect built-in mic on headsets/earbuds

I'm running Windows 10 home on a Lenovo Ideapad laptop, and it doesn't detect the mic on any of my headsets/earbuds. I can hear playback fine on my headsets/earbuds, but it can't speak through them, since it insists on using the laptop's internal mic. This results in my typing/mouse clicks all being captured on audio.

• In sound properties recording tab, I just see "microphone (Realtek high def audio)" and "stereo mix (Realtek high def audio)"
    • In sound properties playback tab, I just see "speakers (Realtek high def audio)", yet I hear audio fine on my headsets/earbuds?
    • In device manager, it doesn't detect a headset either, displays the same list as the recording tab
    So do all 3 of my headsets/earbuds have some kind of "plug and play but stays invisible to the OS" feature? One of them is the default Apple earbuds, I'm 100% sure there's a mic on there and these are brand new, so they aren't broken. Are these not supposed to appear as a "headset" device with the headset icon in sound properties?

Windbrand, Sep 28, 2020
  4. My Mic Isnt Detected By My Laptop

My mic on my headset doesn't get connected and doesnt work, I can only hear things but can speak things?
    My headphones are the nivava k11 gaming headset
    and I used a Dell Inspirion Laptop which uses Window 10 Enterprise

TheFurryOtter, Sep 28, 2020
Thema:

1. My Mic Isnt Detected By My Laptop - Similar Threads - Mic Isnt Detected

2. MY MIC ISNT LOUD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MY MIC ISNT LOUD: Hello, I’m here to ask about my mic not being loud now if you want the details of my mics brand etc if needed I’ll say but the problem is it cost a lot and is meant to be a loud mic but it isn’t I was recording a video and could barely hear myself if you guys have any fixes...
  3. MY MIC ISNT LOUD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MY MIC ISNT LOUD: hello, first off i would like to claim i didnt buy a **** mic so i was recording a video and my audio was so low i tried to change the settings but for some reasons my mic isnt getting a lot of sound can you help me or have a fix please and thank you...
  4. MY MIC ISNT LOUD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MY MIC ISNT LOUD: hello, first off i would like to claim i didnt buy a **** mic so i was recording a video and my audio was so low i tried to change the settings but for some reasons my mic isnt getting a lot of sound can you help me or have a fix please and thank you...
  5. my mic isnt working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my mic isnt working: so my mic on my pc hasnt been working lately. i was recently on a discord call with my friend and while talking, my mic suddenly disconnected. i searched in the settings to change it to the input device but it wasnt even an option. i have unplugged it and plugged it back in...
  6. My laptop isnt making use of my headsets mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop isnt making use of my headsets mic: I recently bought a new headset and plugged it into my laptop. I can hear through it but the laptop doesn't utilize its microphone and uses the laptops internal mic instead which doesn't sound good at all. How do I make it use my headsets mic....
  7. My laptop isnt making use of my headsets mic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop isnt making use of my headsets mic: I recently bought a new headset and plugged it into my laptop. I can hear through it but the laptop doesn't utilize its microphone and uses the laptops internal mic instead which doesn't sound good at all. How do I make it use my headsets mic....
  8. My mic isnt working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My mic isnt working: So I've had my Lenovo Ideapad y700 -15isk for a while and have only recently been having this problem. My friends say my mic sounds distant when I use my built-in mic. When I use a headset I hear a high-pitched static and is still distant from my friends. I have tried...
  9. my laptop detect my mic as headphones

in Windows 10 Customization
    my laptop detect my mic as headphones: I have a microphone, and my laptop detects it as headphones. how can I fix that? btw, I don't know what topic is that question. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-detect-my-mic-as-headphones/b4e5076e-7b1b-40ea-966f-6641abd24ef2
  10. My mic isnt working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My mic isnt working: Ok so my mic isnt working on my pc but it works perfectly on my ps4 so it must be something wrong with my pc... What should i do? submitted by /u/Bean_L0rd [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j9sd9n/my_mic_isnt_working/