Windows 10: My mic isn't working and I've literally tried everything. Please Help!

Discus and support My mic isn't working and I've literally tried everything. Please Help! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; okay so my microphone stopped working even though my laptop says its fine. I have tried the following; - allowed my mic to be on in the security... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/softlyegging, Oct 5, 2020.

1. My mic isn't working and I've literally tried everything. Please Help!

okay so my microphone stopped working even though my laptop says its fine. I have tried the following;
    - allowed my mic to be on in the security settings
    - went through control panel, set the default mic and changed the advanced setting thing and nothing. made no difference.
    - went through device manager, tried updating the driver (no update available), tried reinstalling the mic software (made no difference)
    - tried troubleshooting and it said everything was fine, tried testing my mic on various apps, doesnt work at all.
    - I've tried a software update and none were available.

It only worked when I plugged in my headset; doesn't work via Bluetooth either

I've tried everything I could think of and everything the internet has told me to do, reddit, please help.

it looks like its stuck but idk

submitted by /u/softlyegging
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/softlyegging, Oct 5, 2020

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Oct 5, 2020
  3. Jakub578 Win User
    Cortana isn´t working

When I hit enter, it did something, but there´s still no Cortana, even after restart. So I tried it again, but now it says that it failed, because it´s already installed and it´s working in PC. So it should work, but Cortana still isn´t here.

Jakub578, Oct 5, 2020
  4. CyrrusV Win User

My mic isn't working and I've literally tried everything. Please Help!

hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Oct 5, 2020
Thema:

My mic isn't working and I've literally tried everything. Please Help!

1. My mic isn't working and I've literally tried everything. Please Help! - Similar Threads - mic isn't working

2. Winodws will not update and I've tried everything, please help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Winodws will not update and I've tried everything, please help: Hello, I am constantly getting Blue Screened, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and multiple other blue screen errors.Ive watched so many YouTube videos like the 3 Solutions or 7 Solutions to fix not updating ect, NONE OF THEM WORK.The updates that will not install are the following:-...
  3. Microsoft store isn't working and i've tried everything.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store isn't working and i've tried everything.: Hello, I resetted my laptop not too long ago, Reason was due to the battery not updating when i put it on charge, after resetting it, it started to charge properly, So, after the reset I have tried to open some stuff, and it would say "you will need a new app to open this...
  4. Microsoft store isn't working and i've tried everything.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store isn't working and i've tried everything.: Hello, I resetted my laptop not too long ago, Reason was due to the battery not updating when i put it on charge, after resetting it, it started to charge properly, So, after the reset I have tried to open some stuff, and it would say "you will need a new app to open this...
  5. Microsoft store isn't working and i've tried everything.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. My mic doesn't work and I've tried everything

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My mic doesn't work and I've tried everything: My mic stopped working like 3 weeks ago and I thought it was my headphones so I bought a new pair. They came in today and It still doesn't work. I've updated my drivers I've gave it permission I switched my default input device to the new headset. I feel like I've literally...
  7. Please help me I've tried everything my mic wont work. l Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Please help me I've tried everything my mic wont work. l Windows 10: Hello recently my mic stopped working all of a sudden and I don't know. I know my headset is fine because I tried the mic on another device and it seems to be working just fine. I don't know why this has been happening it all just happened suddenly. I've tried absolutely...
  8. Audio not working, I've tried LITERALLY EVERYTHING

Audio not working, I've tried LITERALLY EVERYTHING: Hey guys, so I was using my laptop this afternoon and went out for a walk. When I came back, my audio wasn't working at all. At first the toolbar audio icon said there is no audio devices, so I did some tweaking and looking at videos and fixed that. However, there is still no...
  9. BSOD Errors I've tried everything please help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Errors I've tried everything please help: So this morning I awoke started my computer, cat ripped out power cord, so I plugged it back in and restarted. Crashed within an hour after that However after over 18 hours of crashes, BSOD, and black screens I'm huffed, I've done the sfc check, system restores/ system reset,...
  10. My Mouse Isn't Working. I've Tried Everything. Can You Help Me?

My Mouse Isn't Working. I've Tried Everything. Can You Help Me?: With my Windows 10 HP Laptop, I prefer to use a mouse. I feel it's a much smoother experience, and I appreciate having a choice to use a mouse. This morning, I decided to bind a command in a game to SCROLLW3 (pressing down the scroll wheel), and every time I pressed it, the...