Windows 10: My mic picking up all output sound

Discus and support My mic picking up all output sound in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My mic capturing all output sound from my Laptop. Im using windows 10 and also audio splitter already installed. Can anyone tell me how to slove... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by yuudhas, Jun 26, 2020.

1. yuudhas Win User

My mic picking up all output sound

My mic capturing all output sound from my Laptop.

Im using windows 10 and also audio splitter already installed.

Can anyone tell me how to slove this?

:)

yuudhas, Jun 26, 2020
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Muted mic picking up sound in game

Hi JonPaul,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The issue could be because of the internal mic picking up sound even when the external device is pluuged in. If you have the RealTek HD Audi Manager installed on the machine, I would suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works for
    you.

• Open RealTek HD Audio Manager and go to the
      Advanced tab.
    • Check the boxes Separate all input jacks as independent input devices
      and Mute the internal output device, when external headphone is plugged in,
      and hit OK.
    • Exit RealTek HD Audio Manager, restart the machine and see if the issue persists.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jun 26, 2020
  3. Mic not picking up sound!!!

Hi, i'm using windows ten and my usb mic is not picking up sound My mic picking up all output sound :(. The computer is picking up the mic itself but not any sound from the mic. I see the mic in my recording devices but the sound bar on the side is not showing activity when I speak into the
    mic. In sound device properties, in events it says: Device USB\VID_0D8C&PID_0139&MI_00\6&3077f717&0&0000 requires further installation.

So that might be part of the problem. Anyone know how to fix this?

#WilliamBates, Jun 26, 2020
  4. JoshM_ Win User

Microphone picks up output sound

For some reason, my headphone microphone keeps picking up the sound played through my computer. So, for example, when I'm watching a YouTube video while in a Discord call, everyone in the call will be able
    to hear the audio from the video.

I've got no idea why this is happening, I've tried messing with the Windows and Realtek sound/mic settings but I haven't been able to find a solution yet. I have every single output/input disabled except for
    the headphones and the microphone.

Here's a video of the output audio playing through the microphone:

Sound issues.

My desktop computer is running windows 10, and I'm using a mic splitter to plug the headphones into both input and output (not sure if this might be causing the problem). The headphones I'm using are Skullcandy
    Uproar. From what I understand the mic is built into the part that goes on your ear, not sure if it might be that sound somehow leaking into the microphone.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

JoshM_, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

1. My mic picking up all output sound - Similar Threads - mic picking output

2. How To Fix Mic Picking Up ALL PC Sounds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How To Fix Mic Picking Up ALL PC Sounds: Hi all, when I sit and chat with my friends in discord, they can hear everything that's going on my computer. It's not background noise, but it feels like they're watching the video themselves. I went all over the Internet and all the advice did not help me. My motherboard is...
  3. Mic picking up desktop sounds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mic picking up desktop sounds: Recently after the windows 11 update, my mic has been picking up my desktop sound. My YouTube, zoom Spotify could be heard. I have already updated my Realtek drivers. I also have made sure the "listen to this device" is not checked. I have a Cloud Stinger Core headset. If you...
  4. Mic picking up desktop sounds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mic picking up desktop sounds: Recently after the windows 11 update, my mic has been picking up my desktop sound. My YouTube, zoom Spotify could be heard. I have already updated my Realtek drivers. I also have made sure the "listen to this device" is not checked. I have a Cloud Stinger Core headset. If you...
  5. Mic picking up all PC sounds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mic picking up all PC sounds: Hi,i've only recently gotten this pc and i haven't really been using Microsoft or anything before;i was previously on a mac. I bought like a headphone splitter and I have been trying to download all this Realtek stuff but i am so confused. My motherboard is a DQ77MK and im...
  6. Realtek mic picking up output

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Realtek mic picking up output: For some reason realtek took a liking to my output sounds and felt the need to pick it up. It's annoying especially during calls. I deactivated stereomix, switched both splitter and headset, set communication settings to mute and activated splitting on the console. My mobo is...
  7. Mic isn't picking up sound

Mic isn't picking up sound: Hello, I've recently received an Alienware computer, at first I had a problem with it not finding my headset microphone. After troubleshooting and help I got it to find my microphone on the headset. However, it is not picking up any sound at all....
  8. Mic is picking up all gameplay sounds

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mic is picking up all gameplay sounds: This just started happening recently. For example, if I pull up youtube on my second monitor, everyone in my fortnite party can hear it. Also, they hear all of my gameplay. This was not happening before. What should I do to fix this? (My headset is the HyperX Cloudstinger, if...
  9. Microphone picks up output sound

Microphone picks up output sound: For some reason, my headphone microphone keeps picking up the sound played through my computer. So, for example, when I'm watching a YouTube video while in a Discord call, everyone in the call will be able to hear the audio from the video. I've got no idea why this is...
  10. mic wont pick up sound

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    mic wont pick up sound: ok so I just updated my windows 10 and now my mic wont pick up any sound what so ever. Plz help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mic-wont-pick-up-sound/db52c409-4273-4e22-abe6-53c8a3bc4c75