Windows 10: My mic randomly stopped working help

Discus and support My mic randomly stopped working help in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I was sitting here playing dnd with some friends on discord and my mic has now decided it is done working. Near as I can tell something went wrong... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Kalistropha, Sep 12, 2020.

1. My mic randomly stopped working help

So I was sitting here playing dnd with some friends on discord and my mic has now decided it is done working. Near as I can tell something went wrong with windows 10 that caused it to stop working. I have tested the mic on my xbox and on my tablet and it is still working. I have uninstalled drivers, reinstalled them, checked system sound settings, gone through the first 10 or so videos on youtube, checked forums, and generally done everything I can think of. The odd thing is it decided to stop working randomly, in the middle of our session. I'm running an nvidia graphics card with the according drivers and control panel that it insisted on having for some reason and also an amd board. I've also tried several different usb and 3.5 connections on the back, still nothing. So now I guess I'll ask reddit for help, please rescue me kind internet, idk what else to try.

submitted by /u/Kalistropha
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Kalistropha, Sep 12, 2020
  2. fireberd Win User

USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Sep 13, 2020
  3. Gainward Win User
    Logitech G930 randomly stops working?

Hi *Smile My mic randomly stopped working help :)

I've had G930 for over a year and it's been working quite well, but recently, it just randomly stops working! (it stops for 3-4 seconds and then start works again)
    I tried removing the driver and installing it again and still the same problem
    anyone who can help? *Frown My mic randomly stopped working help :(

Gainward, Sep 13, 2020
  4. My mic randomly stopped working help

Why has bluetooth mic stopped working.

My Bluetooth mic has stopped working on my Windows 10 phone. The sound is connected OK but the mic won't work. I've tried resetting everything, disconnecting/reconnecting, rebooting but nothing seems to help. The windows phone uses its internal mic and
    ignores the Bluetooth mic. Anyone any suggestions?

StephenHurrell, Sep 13, 2020
Thema:

My mic randomly stopped working help

1. My mic randomly stopped working help - Similar Threads - mic randomly stopped

2. MIC WORKS THEN RANDOMLY STOPS A COUPLE MINUTES LATER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MIC WORKS THEN RANDOMLY STOPS A COUPLE MINUTES LATER: I own the hyper x cloud 2 headset and when i try to use the mic it works for a little bit then suddenly stops working.I have tried everything doesn't work.If anyone can help me out please feel free to leave a comment.Also the mic works it might be something or some...
  3. MIC WORKS THEN RANDOMLY STOPS A COUPLE MINUTES LATER

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MIC WORKS THEN RANDOMLY STOPS A COUPLE MINUTES LATER: I own the hyper x cloud 2 headset and when i try to use the mic it works for a little bit then suddenly stops working.I have tried everything doesn't work.If anyone can help me out please feel free to leave a comment.Also the mic works it might be something or some...
  4. My audio/sound stopped working randomly. Help.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My audio/sound stopped working randomly. Help.: I was using my computer normally and out of no where the audio/sound stops working randomly. I have tried re-installing audio drivers but my manufacturer Dell only gives drivers of my PC till windows 8, and i have windows 10.I ran the trouble-shooter, re-installed my graphics...
  5. My audio/sound stopped working randomly. Help.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My audio/sound stopped working randomly. Help.: I was using my computer normally and out of no where the audio/sound stops working randomly. I have tried re-installing audio drivers but my manufacturer Dell only gives drivers of my PC till windows 8, and i have windows 10.I ran the trouble-shooter, re-installed my graphics...
  6. My audio/sound stopped working randomly. Help.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Mic stopped working?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mic stopped working?: My laptop after being through years of damage will randomly shut down and then start back up again randomly, and usually it's fine. This time I was on a call with friends, and it happened, and now my microphone isn't working at all. My computer doesn't pick up any problems,...
  8. All my usb mics randomly just stopped working.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All my usb mics randomly just stopped working.: It happened literally out of nowhere. If I plug in my microphones into the headphone jacks it still works. But then I can't hear anything. This happened out of nowhere. I've tried various different usb headsets all of them have the same problem. Please help!! submitted by...
  9. mic stopped working

mic stopped working: The issue occurred after Windows 10 was updated. I was trying to get in touch with my friend over facebook but mic wasn’t working.I wasn’t able to turn it on in the settings...
  10. Mic Stops working randomly while using Windows 10

Mic Stops working randomly while using Windows 10: It all started when I installed Windows 10 on release day. (I was using windows 7 before). I downloaded mumble and then all my games and started playing with friends. After a while I noticed that my friends weren't responding to me I alt tabbed and realized my push to talk...