Windows 10: My mic used to work when my headset into the headphone port.

Discus and support My mic used to work when my headset into the headphone port. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My microphone has recently stopped working. For as long as i've had my computer, i've just plugged my headset into the headphones port, and my mic has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FPSpyle1, May 24, 2020.

1. FPSpyle1 Win User

My mic used to work when my headset into the headphone port.

My microphone has recently stopped working. For as long as i've had my computer, i've just plugged my headset into the headphones port, and my mic has worked fine. Now it doesn't. I checked sound settings, and there isn't a mic input. Not sure what happened, or if anything can be done about it. Thought i'd come here before I just got a splitter.

:)

FPSpyle1, May 24, 2020

2. Mic/Headphone ports not working correctly - Acer Aspire 7745

Hi all,

I have an Acer Aspire 7745 that I have been trying to get the external audio ports to work correctly on since I upgraded it to Windows 10 - it was originally a Win7 machine from the factory. It's got three external audio ports:

My mic used to work when my headset into the headphone port. [​IMG]

Win10 runs fine on it (Core i3 @ 2.27Ghz, 4GB RAM) and sound through the speakers works fine, as does the internal mic, but PLUGGING IN a mic or headphones is the issue - external plugged in mics are not picked up at all, and plugging in headphones disables the internal speakers, but no sound comes through the headphones.

I found this thread (Determine the HDA Realtek driver needed for your Audio) and was trying to follow the instructions to find the correct driver to use by looking at the 'Driver Details' lists, but I am a bit confused. When I upgraded to Win10, Windows 10 installed generic drivers for the sound card and I had the same issue - sound through speakers and internal mic was fine, but the jacks didn't work.

So, I thought I would go download some specific drivers...the latest drivers listed for audio on Acer's site for this machine are the Win7 64-bit drivers, so I installed those and, as mentioned, sound still worked fine other than the external jacks (I know the external jacks are not broken/damaged, by the way, because they used to work fine under Windows 7). When following along the list of 'special files' the aforementioned thread asks me to look for, I find both 'FMAP064.dll' from the 'FF01' 'Special Files' list...but I also see 'MaxxAudioAPO20.dll' and 'MaxxAudioEQ.dll' from the FF06 'Special Files' list...?

....so which one of those drivers do I get (FF01 or FF06)?

Where it gets even more confusing is that when I try running the Powershell script suggested in that same thread to suggest a driver, it tells me this:

My mic used to work when my headset into the headphone port. [​IMG]

...so should I follow the Powershell script's suggestion and look for ANY new driver that has the 'hdxrt.inf' file in it? (Like the one listed here: Determine the HDA Realtek driver needed for your Audio )?

Sorry for the novel, but it's a tad bit confusing as to what driver I should be looking for...

Could anybody link me to a driver that might work?

Thanks so much in advance!

Darkstrike, May 24, 2020
  3. Aman Win User
    Headphone mic not working with laptop 3.5mm port

I have sennheiser hd4.40 wireless headphone. I also got a cable with headphone having 2.5mm pin(attached to headphone) to 3.5mm pin(attached to mobile phone).

Problem is that when i connect 3.5mm pin to my mobile phone headphone jack, in call i am able to use mic and headphone both at same time but:

1. When i connect the 3.5mm pin to 3.5mm jack for mic on my laptop, i am not able to use the mic.(my laptop has separate 3.5mm mic and 3.5mm headphone jack)
    2. When i connect to 3.5mm jack for headphone, only headphone is working with laptop not mic.

Please do not suggest why I am not using Bluetooth because it is a separate problem.

I am missing something or maybe this may be limitation or something else. Help me on this. :-(

4. My mic used to work when my headset into the headphone port.

Realtek audio manager only lets me use mic or headphones and not both

Hello, I was recently playing a game with my friend and I wanted to talk to him with my mic. I have a turtle beach headset with a built in mic. My pc has 2 headphone ports on the front, one for just headphones, and one for both headphones and a mic. When
    I plugged my headset into the headset and mic port, it brought me to the realtek hd audio manager and it asked me if i plugged in a mic or a headset. If I click mic, than only my mic works and if I click headphones, only my headphones work and my mic doesn’t.
    How do I get both to work? Please Help!

My pc is an hp 8300 elite small form factor. I tested my headset and mic on my xbox and it worked fine.

Ryan Keehn, May 24, 2020
Thema:

My mic used to work when my headset into the headphone port.

1. My mic used to work when my headset into the headphone port. - Similar Threads - mic used headset

2. JBL Quantam 100 mic only works when plugged in mic port on my pc and not in headphone port.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    JBL Quantam 100 mic only works when plugged in mic port on my pc and not in headphone port.: Hello again. I have a JBL Quantum 100 headset that I want to use the mic for, and the problem is that the mic doesn't work. My PC has 2 AUX jacks, a headphone and microphone. When I plug it in the headphone port, I can hear stuff, but I can't talk to the mic. If I plug into...
  3. JBL Quantam 100 mic only works when plugged in mic port on my pc and not in headphone port.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    JBL Quantam 100 mic only works when plugged in mic port on my pc and not in headphone port.: Hello again. I have a JBL Quantum 100 headset that I want to use the mic for, and the problem is that the mic doesn't work. My PC has 2 AUX jacks, a headphone and microphone. When I plug it in the headphone port, I can hear stuff, but I can't talk to the mic. If I plug into...
  4. My headphone sound stop working when I try to use my headphones mic.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My headphone sound stop working when I try to use my headphones mic.: When I switch to the headset microphone or try to use it, the sound stops working, but the microphone still detects the sound. I connect via Bluetooth and use Windows 10, I tried uninstalling and restarting sound drivers it didn't work....
  5. My headphone sound stop working when I try to use my headphones mic.

My headphone sound stop working when I try to use my headphones mic.: When I switch to the headset microphone or try to use it, the sound stops working, but the microphone still detects the sound. I connect via Bluetooth and use Windows 10, I tried uninstalling and restarting sound drivers it didn't work....
  6. My headphone sound stop working when I try to use my headphones mic.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. My headset is showing up as a headphone with no mic

My headset is showing up as a headphone with no mic: My hyperx cloud stinger headset on my acer nitro 5 gaming pc is showing up as a headphone and not a headset and theres no mic showing even though my headset has a mic. Is this fixable? i need help...
  8. sound not working on headphones when my mic is on

sound not working on headphones when my mic is on: hello! so i recently got new headphones and there is a problem: there appears to be two different versions of the headphone. one of the version plays sound really blurry and the other one is clear. but there is only one mic on that appears and it can only be used if i use the...
  9. Headset mic not showing up or just using the speakers of my headphones as a mic.

Headset mic not showing up or just using the speakers of my headphones as a mic.: So I have a pair of beats headphones and wanted to use it as both my mic and and headphones for my new pc. However I in my input devices I saw that I only has "Stereo Mix" or "Mic in front panel Pink" which underneath is says "RealtekR Audio". I tried seeing if I got any...
  10. Headset mic not showing up or just using the speakers of my headphones as a mic.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Headset mic not showing up or just using the speakers of my headphones as a mic.: So I have a pair of beats headphones and wanted to use it as both my mic and and headphones for my new pc. However I in my input devices I saw that I only have"Stereo Mix" which underneath is says "RealtekR Audio". I tried seeing if I got any response on discord but I got...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mic not working out plugged into headset port

2. mic/headphone port doesnt