Windows 10: My mic wont record voice thats longer than 1 second

Discus and support My mic wont record voice thats longer than 1 second in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; when i use my mic in discord or audacity everytime my recording volume stays the same for more than 1 seconds, the voice suddenly died down/went quiet.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Danear, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Danear Win User

My mic wont record voice thats longer than 1 second

when i use my mic in discord or audacity everytime my recording volume stays the same for more than 1 seconds, the voice suddenly died down/went quiet. the example is when i try to sing and record it whether using the voice recorder app/ audacityeverytime the volume stays the same for 1 sec the volume suddenly went quiet. i cant even talk in discord if the word i say is longer than 1 sec or i scream for more than 1 sec the volume suddenly went quiet. Please can anyone help. im sorry if you can't understand my problem here, english is my third language.

:)

Danear, Aug 2, 2020
  2. Mehdi Win User

Record my voice and sounds comes from speaker at the same time

I recently purchased a laptop that has one audio jack (headset) instead of two jacks (one more Mic and one for Speaker)

I want to record my voice for few seconds and then bring the Mic near the speaker and record sound coming from speaker for few more seconds and then continue recording my voice.

With the new laptops seems like they added some setting which Mic wont record the sound comes from speaker. Even if I stick the Mic to the Speaker it wont record it and only record my voice or any other voice other than Speaker

Is there any solution for this rather than buying another laptop with two jacks?

Mehdi, Aug 2, 2020
  3. john c Win User
    screen recoeding wont record my voice

I was recording a video on my laptop with the built in screen capture when we finished recording I was editing the video all i could only hear my friends voice (we were on skype) in the video I couldn't hear my voice I'm thinking do I need a usb mic or
    is my built in mic messed up

john c, Aug 2, 2020
  4. Edwin Win User

Start Menu Unpin items like Voice recorder

Hmmm...,
    Is the mic configured properly?

Have you allowed mic access?...

My mic wont record voice thats longer than 1 second [​IMG]

Edwin, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

1. My mic wont record voice thats longer than 1 second - Similar Threads - mic wont record

2. Voice Recorder picks up my mic but not other person on a call

in Windows 10 Customization
    Voice Recorder picks up my mic but not other person on a call: I searched for how to resolve this problem to no avail. Through trial and error, I discovered a fix. If you use Voice Recorder or other record apps like Audacity and it records your voice from the mic but does not record the other party e.g., on Zoom or Teams calls: Go to...
  3. RECORD GAME AUDIO AND MIC/VOICE SEPARATELY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RECORD GAME AUDIO AND MIC/VOICE SEPARATELY: Hi, I'm new to this MS Game Bar, how do I separately record my game audio and mic? Like separate them into two mp3 files after recording. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/record-game-audio-and-micvoice-separately/15da4b8f-f913-424c-83f0-726d7ed86d99
  4. Voice recorder records my voice but not the other person

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Voice recorder records my voice but not the other person: Voice recorder records my voice but not the other person. It was working before, but after I update a few months back it stopped recording the person on the other line. I tried some troubleshooting steps that I found here and that did not solve the issue. Thank you!...
  5. voice recordings

in Windows 10 Customization
    voice recordings: i can make 5-20 minute recordings but when i email them the recordings are not attatched or cannot be opened. everything on my end looks like it is attatched, sending via email...
  6. voice recorder

voice recorder: hi, i tried to record something the other day but when i play it back all i hear is static and some times nothing at all, so i enabled stero mix and made it my default device in the sound setting still didnt work but it does pick up output sounds from the computer like when...
  7. Voice Recording

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Voice Recording: I have been recording meetings with Voice Recorder, am now trying to listen to these recordings but unable to hear any sound. I can hear prior recordings. I played around and figured that the microphone input made the difference. Is there anyway to retrieve the sound in...
  8. Camera records 1 second

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera records 1 second: Can I retrieve my video? I recorded 30 minutes worth and the camera only recorded 1 second. I am Highly upset because it was an important video and I can't recreate that moment. So please tell me that there's away that I can obtain the rest of that video that it's hidden...
  9. Voice rEcorder

Voice rEcorder: Hi. Every so often, we’re given online training to do through the federal government website at work. These trainings are essentially interactive PowerPoint presentations, which have audio recordings giving the “lecture” part of the training. While I’m able to use the Snip...
  10. Mic voice is lower than my normal voice and distorted.

Mic voice is lower than my normal voice and distorted.: I have already tried the boost function and it didn't work and I really have high hopes on coming here. My voice is lower as I said and very distorted (like at least a one or two octave lower, to the point I sound like a male) It's a pain in a neck to record with and I...