Windows 10: My Micro SD card thinks it's write protected

Discus and support My Micro SD card thinks it's write protected in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I need help with my Micro SD card. It is a 512 GB SD card and it is about 3 months old and it worked perfectly fine until recently. I think... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BuickRoadmasterWagon, Jun 15, 2020.

1. My Micro SD card thinks it's write protected

Hello, I need help with my Micro SD card. It is a 512 GB SD card and it is about 3 months old and it worked perfectly fine until recently. I think what caused it to go into write protection mode was that I made my iTunes iPhone backup symbolic linked to the SD card so that it would back up to the SD card instead of my computer, and it worked fine for a few days until one day when I started backing it up, it got almost done but then it said it failed. I tried again multiple times but everytime it would say it failed shortly after I started the backup, and then I realized the thing was write protected, even though it's a Micro SD card with no regular SD card attachment, I've put it in a camera before after all of this and the camera also says that it is write protected. I've tried using diskpart to fix it but it will not change anything and I really want to get it fixed so I don't have to get a new one and copy all the data off of it. Thanks, help would be great!

My Micro SD card thinks it's write protected 243155bb-1f67-4459-b3e8-f87ed7405c8d?upload=true.png My Micro SD card thinks it's write protected 0722673a-f494-4779-a6fc-0525c34ecae6?upload=true.png My Micro SD card thinks it's write protected 9696fa92-d3be-4ce0-b9d3-c130d15c69cb?upload=true.png

:)

BuickRoadmasterWagon, Jun 15, 2020
  2. kam2007 Win User

Write Protected Micro SD Memory Card

I am using E61i, with 2 GB memory Card (Micro SD), when I try copying files on the Memory card using the (Micro SD Adapter) from the laptop, its giving write-protected ...

I am sure the adapter is not locked, and on the card there is no lock key, so any help on why its giving so?

kam2007, Jun 15, 2020
  3. alexb611 Win User
    Write protected MicroSD card

Hi,

I can think of only one possibility why this micro SD card gets write protected.

There is an undocumented feature about the write protect command. With this feature, it is possible to permanently write-protect the card there is no way back.

Any comments?

alexb611, Jun 15, 2020
  4. Compumind Win User

My Micro SD card thinks it's write protected

Micro SD Card Not Recognised

Try this:

Corrupted Micro SD Card Repair Tool/Software | Free Download - EaseUS

If no go, I would suggest exchanging the Micro-SD adapter (if it came with it) and/or the card.

*Think

Compumind, Jun 15, 2020
Thema:

My Micro SD card thinks it's write protected

1. My Micro SD card thinks it's write protected - Similar Threads - Micro card thinks

2. SD Card complaining write protected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SD Card complaining write protected: so when I plug in my sd card to my card reader, I can see it in file explorer, but I cannot write to it. the card is not write-protected and I tried reinstalling the sd card driver. this is an issue for multiple cards. Please help...
  3. SD Card complaining write protected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SD Card complaining write protected: so when I plug in my sd card to my card reader, I can see it in file explorer, but I cannot write to it. the card is not write-protected and I tried reinstalling the sd card driver. this is an issue for multiple cards. Please help...
  4. Micro SD Card suddenly gets write-protected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Micro SD Card suddenly gets write-protected: So I was clearing out space on my SD card in my 2-in-1 tablet laptop so I can update to latest build because Windows Update is stubborn as hell. However, while in the middle of deleting files in my SD Card, explorer.exe starts to become unresponsive, hanging both the windows...
  5. SD card write-protection unwanted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SD card write-protection unwanted: I have a micro SD card which suddenly says it is write-protected. I made sure the small tab on the side was in the proper position. I also tried the disk part method but it had no effect on the read only status. I see there's another possible solution by editing the registry,...
  6. SD Card Write Protection

SD Card Write Protection: I've been using my chromebook for modding my Wii u, and now that it's charger broke, I can't do that until I get a new one. The SD card works fine on that, but on my computer, the SD card is locked, no matter what. I've tried the Diskpart method, the RegEdit method, yet...
  7. micro sd cards

micro sd cards: so ive recently discovered a problem on my windows 10 machine that it doesnt correctly read large micro sd cards, but does correctly pick up smaller size ones. i also have a laptop that ive check, which correctly disaplys the large mirco sd card tho. itll be nice to know why...
  8. Write Protected SD card

Write Protected SD card: Hi, I want to format my SD card on my windows but I get the 'disk is write protected' notification. I tried removing the write protection through the command prompt but when I tried formatting afterwards it still gives the same notification. The SD card is not visible on my...
  9. SD Card write protection issues

SD Card write protection issues: I recently received a write protected message from multiple micro SD cards/SD card adapters. [ATTACH] I have edited my registry to remove write protection. [ATTACH] I have gone through command prompt and diskpart to attempt to format them. [ATTACH] And yes, I have...
  10. micro sd card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    micro sd card: how can you play a video from the micro sd card? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_music/micro-sd-card/6b3649a7-4998-4708-889e-17393ae74f39