Windows 10: My microphone doesn't work at all. Could be a hardware problem but i need confirmation.

Discus and support My microphone doesn't work at all. Could be a hardware problem but i need confirmation. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a headset with a microphone attached to it, the microphone works fine because i have tested it on another PC and no problems there. On my PC it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TweZ01, Aug 11, 2019.

1. TweZ01 Win User

My microphone doesn't work at all. Could be a hardware problem but i need confirmation.

I have a headset with a microphone attached to it, the microphone works fine because i have tested it on another PC and no problems there. On my PC it doesn't work at all, whenever i try and speak no audio will be heard coming from me.

I have gone through a decent amount of headsets with microphones and also microphones on their own but none have worked, i have been able to talk after getting one of the headsets, but even then when i talked i was wayyyyy too quite, it was very very hard to hear me even screaming didn't help, but even that headset although it worked when i first got it, i couldn't speak anymore with it after like 1 week, the microphone just broke randomly on it.

I have tried everything that i could find online and none helped. Yes i have given access to my microphone to other apps, yes i have uninstalled the microphone driver from Device Manager and restarted my PC so it would install itself again.Yes i have checked for the latest driver and i have them installed already, my microphone is set as my default device yes. When i go to device manager and check if windows thinks the device is working properly, it says that it is indeed working fine, but that's not the case.

Discord is one of the programs i have tried to speak on by going to settings and whenever i do so i get this message: "Discord isn't detecting any input from your mic. Please check that you've selected the right input device".

I am able to change the input device on discord, i have chosen each of the 3 options and none of them work. Another thing i can add is that my audio jack slots in the front of my case don't work at all, i have actually replaced them but that did not fix the problem, I use the slots in the back which seem to work.

This leads me to my theory which is that this is a hardware problem which has something to do with my sound card or maybe motherboard if they are even connected in some way. Am i wrong or right? Does anyone have any idea about something i can try to do on my PC to fix this? Is replacing my sound card or motherboard the only way?

:)

TweZ01, Aug 11, 2019
  2. Bushka Win User

Microphone doesn`t work

My microphone and ear-phone doesn`t work. Please help me, I have windows 7 home basic, my computer reproduces a sound, but devices no.

Bushka, Aug 11, 2019
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

My microphone doesn't work at all. Could be a hardware problem but i need confirmation. [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Aug 11, 2019
  4. My microphone doesn't work at all. Could be a hardware problem but i need confirmation.

Microphone not working with my desktop

Hi Matt,

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Have you installed all the pending Windows updates?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run the Troubleshoot Hardware and Devices.

Hardware troubleshooter reviews, diagnose and identifies operational or technical problems within a hardware device.

• Press Windows Key +R, type Control Panel.
    • Type troubleshooting in the search bar, click on troubleshooting.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2: to determine whether the issue is related to microphone, I suggest you to connect the microphone to different computer and also connect the different microphone to your computer, check whether the issue persist
    or not.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Aug 11, 2019
Thema:

My microphone doesn't work at all. Could be a hardware problem but i need confirmation.

1. My microphone doesn't work at all. Could be a hardware problem but i need confirmation. - Similar Threads - microphone doesn't hardware

2. My microphone doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My microphone doesn't work: I'm trying to play my microphone but although the configuration is right, it doesn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-microphone-doesnt-work/f70743f4-64c5-4671-a004-b9d9a55f5187
  3. My microphone doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My microphone doesn't work: I'm trying to play my microphone but although the configuration is right, it doesn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-microphone-doesnt-work/f70743f4-64c5-4671-a004-b9d9a55f5187
  4. My microphone doesn't work at all.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My microphone doesn't work at all.: Hi!So i got a new lanovo laptop with a single 3.5mm jack.As i plugged in my headphones and started a discord call i realised that the microphone wasn't working at all and its just static. I thought it was a driver issue so updated the driver that didn't work. So i bought new...
  5. My microphone doesn't work at all.

My microphone doesn't work at all.: Hi!So i got a new lanovo laptop with a single 3.5mm jack.As i plugged in my headphones and started a discord call i realised that the microphone wasn't working at all and its just static. I thought it was a driver issue so updated the driver that didn't work. So i bought new...
  6. My microphone doesn't work at all.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. My Microphone doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Microphone doesn't work: I never managed to get my microphone to work on Windows 10 Pro Desktop PC. even bought new microphone. Then used laptop with built in Microphone needed for doctor's video appointment and worked fine.I have recently purchased a new micro PC Weidian - AMD Ryzen 5 - really great...
  8. My Microphone doesn't work

My Microphone doesn't work: I never managed to get my microphone to work on Windows 10 Pro Desktop PC. even bought new microphone. Then used laptop with built in Microphone needed for doctor's video appointment and worked fine.I have recently purchased a new micro PC Weidian - AMD Ryzen 5 - really great...
  9. My microphone doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My microphone doesn't work.: So currently i'm using a i5 2300 and the microphone doesn't work. I am using the Sony WC-CH510 and using CSR4.0 for Bluetooth. BTW I tested the mic on my laptop it works well. So I bought it of eBay and was wanting to just play games with mic. I have got the speakers working...
  10. my microphone will not work at all

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my microphone will not work at all: when i open discord and call, they can't hear me same with zoom everything is enabled, i checked the settings i even updated windows and restarted my mic output is just 0 what do i do????...