Windows 10: my microphone has a line through it

Discus and support my microphone has a line through it in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; my microphone has a line through why an can it be fix so i can use it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GreigBarker, Jan 30, 2020.

1. my microphone has a line through it

my microphone has a line through why an can it be fix so i can use it

:)

GreigBarker, Jan 30, 2020
  2. Suman_B Win User

Windows confuses Line In and Microphone

Hi ChonTailor,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Can you please explain more on when you say "now both the Microphone input and the Line In input are being sent to Line In."
    2. When you say "but programs recognize a mix of the two inputs one Line In and silence on Microphone." Do you mean that others are not able to hear?

Please reply back with more information in order to help you fix the issue

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Suman.B

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Suman_B, Jan 30, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jan 30, 2020
  4. my microphone has a line through it

microphone is not working

Hi Junezryaz,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10 and your steps in solving the issue.

I suggest you to run the microphone troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooter” in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on ‘View All’ on the top left corner.
    • Click on “Recording Audio” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with the necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 30, 2020
Thema:

my microphone has a line through it

1. my microphone has a line through it - Similar Threads - microphone has line

2. screen has lines through it then goes black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    screen has lines through it then goes black: I built this computer a few months ago for a friend. It worked fine for a couple of weeks, but then this issue occurred while he was using it with Windows 11. Eventually, the screen would just go black every time this happened, and it would occur anytime it went out of the...
  3. screen has lines through it then goes black

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    screen has lines through it then goes black: I built this computer a few months ago for a friend. It worked fine for a couple of weeks, but then this issue occurred while he was using it with Windows 11. Eventually, the screen would just go black every time this happened, and it would occur anytime it went out of the...
  4. screen has lines through it then goes black

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Headset in the microphone line.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset in the microphone line.: Hello, My Headset line the green one broke, so I had to download Realtek audio driver but I don't know how to use it. Hope you understand. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headset-in-the-microphone-line/c3a71548-96c0-44c8-bb7b-ebcbc688d25d
  6. The line-in is on but my microphone is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The line-in is on but my microphone is not working: So, I have a collar mic and I tried connecting it to the line-in but it is not showing the green bars of mic being activated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-line-in-is-on-but-my-microphone-is-not-working/f4d7d670-eb52-4834-b457-050cb6a53b03
  7. The line-in is on but my microphone is not working

The line-in is on but my microphone is not working: So, I have a collar mic and I tried connecting it to the line-in but it is not showing the green bars of mic being activated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-line-in-is-on-but-my-microphone-is-not-working/f4d7d670-eb52-4834-b457-050cb6a53b03
  8. The line-in is on but my microphone is not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Play records through microphone line

Play records through microphone line: Hey guys i need your help. :) I'm looking for a programme that allow to play records (that i make) through microphone line. I work as a pollster at home, on my private computer (with Windows 10). And as it happens on this job, people quite rarely agree for an interview so...
  10. Mouse cursor has randomly enlarged and has lines going through it

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse cursor has randomly enlarged and has lines going through it: As the title says, my mouse cursor is behaving strangley, it has lines going through it and has enlarged itself. I've not modified anything in the cursor options, I've even click on default settings, restarted my PC ect and it's still not reverting. The strange thing is, if I...