Windows 10: My microphone in privacy settings has no allowed access to a certain app

Discus and support My microphone in privacy settings has no allowed access to a certain app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I really really want to make music with fl studio but there is nothing in the settings and even playing roblox, I can't join vc cuz It had no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dan Frago, Jun 10, 2022.

1. Dan Frago Win User

My microphone in privacy settings has no allowed access to a certain app

I really really want to make music with fl studio but there is nothing in the settings and even playing roblox, I can't join vc cuz It had no permission.

:)

Dan Frago, Jun 10, 2022
  2. John DeV Win User

Your microphone is not allowed to access

Hello Pete,

I'm John an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you. I understand you're having trouble with your microphone in Windows 10.

Make sure "Allow access to the microphone on this device" is turned on

Press Win+I then search microphone privacy settings

click change and turn it on.

To let apps access the microphone, select the Start button, and then select Settings > Privacy > Microphone . Then turn on Allow apps to access your microphone.

After allowing access to the microphone, you can choose which apps can access these features under Choose which apps can access your microphone.

How to control which Microsoft Store apps can use the microphone

Go to Start > Settings > Privacy > Microphone.

Choose your preferred setting for Allow apps to access your microphone.

Under Choose which apps can access your microphone, turn the individual settings for apps On or Off.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any further concerns.

Sincerely

Independent Advisor

John DeV, Jun 10, 2022
  3. window crashes when i open camera or microphone setting in privacy

Answers to your questions:

• Yes, both are working properly before.
    • Yes, i'm logged in as administrator.
    • No app can use camera or microphone. All apps said to allow in the privacy setting.

And i can't really solve using the adjustment on privacy setting. 'cause as i've said before, everytime i open camera or microphone setting in privacy, the window crashes everytime.

as for the troubleshooting, it couldn't identify the problem.

orangeshearts, Jun 10, 2022
  4. My microphone in privacy settings has no allowed access to a certain app

"Allow Desktop apps access to your microphone option" missing from microphone privacy settings

Hi

under the microphone privacy settings I have the option to chose which Microsoft store apps can access my microphone however the option to allow desktop apps access is not there.

I've installed all avaialble windows updates and been looking for fixes but everything i've tried doesn't get this option to reappear.

Any help would be greatly apprecaited.

KarlFlannigan, Jun 10, 2022
Thema:

My microphone in privacy settings has no allowed access to a certain app

1. My microphone in privacy settings has no allowed access to a certain app - Similar Threads - microphone privacy settings

2. Windows 11 Camera App video microphone not recording. Privacy settings to access...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Camera App video microphone not recording. Privacy settings to access...: I have exactly the same problem as Matger, who wrote on 22 Feb 2022. “I'm trying to record a video using the webcam of my laptop with the windows camera app. I get the message that I should change my privacy settings for the camera app to be able to use microphone while...
  3. Windows 11 Camera App video microphone not recording. Privacy settings to access...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Camera App video microphone not recording. Privacy settings to access...: I have exactly the same problem as Matger, who wrote on 22 Feb 2022. “I'm trying to record a video using the webcam of my laptop with the windows camera app. I get the message that I should change my privacy settings for the camera app to be able to use microphone while...
  4. My microphone in privacy settings has no allowed access to a certain app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My microphone in privacy settings has no allowed access to a certain app: I really really want to make music with fl studio but there is nothing in the settings and even playing roblox, I can't join vc cuz It had no permission....
  5. My microphone in privacy settings has no allowed access to a certain app

in Windows 10 Customization
    My microphone in privacy settings has no allowed access to a certain app: I really really want to make music with fl studio but there is nothing in the settings and even playing roblox, I can't join vc cuz It had no permission....
  6. Microphone Privacy Settings for Select Apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone Privacy Settings for Select Apps: Is there a way to allow microphone access to select apps? I have the option to control access to individual Microsoft Store apps, but either all or no desktop apps. Is there an alternative way to restrict access? For example, I'd like to only provide Google Chrome, but...
  7. "Allow Desktop apps access to your microphone option" missing from microphone privacy settings

"Allow Desktop apps access to your microphone option" missing from microphone privacy settings: Hi under the microphone privacy settings I have the option to chose which Microsoft store apps can access my microphone however the option to allow desktop apps access is not there. I've installed all avaialble windows updates and been looking for fixes but everything...
  8. "microphone privacy settings"

"microphone privacy settings": I've been trying to get my microphone working for my computer. it was working before and now it stopped working. and not just this microphone. but any other microphones as well. in every app I've tried to talk to others with. it stats that I need to change my privacy settings...
  9. microphone > 'allow apps to access mic'

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    microphone > 'allow apps to access mic': in settings > privacy > microphone > 'allow apps to access mic' when this is off, sites do not work (like google hangouts, all else) im guessing that win10 is not disabling hangouts, but that's it's disabling chrome's access to mic entirely this is extremely bad...
  10. settings > privacy > microphone > 'allow apps to access mic'

in Windows 10 Support
    settings > privacy > microphone > 'allow apps to access mic': in settings > privacy > microphone > 'allow apps to access mic' when this is off, sites do not work (like google hangouts, all else) im guessing that win10 is not disabling hangouts, but that's it's disabling chrome's access to mic entirely this is extremely bad...