Windows 10: My microphone is acting VERY strange.

Discus and support My microphone is acting VERY strange. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Sorry for the ambiguous title I dont know the terminology to describe my problem in short terms. Anyway I use a pair of ear buds in the microphone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Small_hard, Sep 9, 2020.

1. My microphone is acting VERY strange.

Sorry for the ambiguous title I dont know the terminology to describe my problem in short terms.

Anyway I use a pair of ear buds in the microphone input jack to just to use the microphone now randomly the microphone doesn't pick up any sound from the microphone BUT it does pick up sound through the speaker of the ear bud. Not just noise, my friends can hear me when I put my mouth right up to the speaker. Does anyone know why or how to fix this?

submitted by /u/Small_hard
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Small_hard, Sep 9, 2020

2. Microphone not working, strange feedback?

Hello Shell,

Thank you for keeping us posted on the status of the issue. I would like to assist you with further information from here.

I would suggest you to use the below steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Manually turn up the mic gain

• Type in “Sound” in the Search box and select
      Sound (Control Panel)
      from the list.

• Select the Recording tab.

• Right-click (or tap and hold) on the active microphone input device and select
      Properties.

• Select the Levels tab.

• Manually drag the Microphone gain to a higher level and click
      Apply.
    Write to us with the updated information. If the issue still persists we would be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Sep 9, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Sep 9, 2020
  4. rosie57 Win User

My microphone is acting VERY strange.

laptop is acting as a microphone

My laptop is acting as a microphone amplyfiing everything i say or sounds in the room

rosie57, Sep 9, 2020
Thema:

My microphone is acting VERY strange.

1. My microphone is acting VERY strange. - Similar Threads - microphone acting VERY

2. My PC has been acting up very strangely

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC has been acting up very strangely: Hi.So, my PC has been acting up very strangely lately, it keeps shutting itself down and then there's a huge sound like BEEP, BEEP, BEEP. I've brought my PC to the computer shop to get it fixed, but still, it keeps shutting down by itself, the screen glitches before shutting...
  3. My PC has been acting up very strangely

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC has been acting up very strangely: Hi.So, my PC has been acting up very strangely lately, it keeps shutting itself down and then there's a huge sound like BEEP, BEEP, BEEP. I've brought my PC to the computer shop to get it fixed, but still, it keeps shutting down by itself, the screen glitches before shutting...
  4. My PC has been acting up very strangely

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Very Strange Microphone issues. Not Typical

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very Strange Microphone issues. Not Typical: General Information before I explain the problem. I use a g533 headset from Logitech, I have replaced it. That has not fixed the issue. I have uninstalled and reinstalled drivers devices and programs. None of those fixed the issue.Now for the issue. For the past few months my...
  6. Very Strange Microphone issues. Not Typical

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Very Strange Microphone issues. Not Typical: General Information before I explain the problem. I use a g533 headset from Logitech, I have replaced it. That has not fixed the issue. I have uninstalled and reinstalled drivers devices and programs. None of those fixed the issue.Now for the issue. For the past few months my...
  7. Very Strange Microphone issues. Not Typical

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. My keyboard is acting strange

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My keyboard is acting strange: An hour ago at random my keyboard started acting strangely. When I go to type anything by hitting a key random and odd letter paper behind it for example : 7byp 8u[n 9o]m 9o]m 9o]m. And this is done on its own...
  9. My PC is acting very strange since installing the 2004 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My PC is acting very strange since installing the 2004 update: It's my understanding that there are some issues that need to be resolved with this update. Is there a patch available to correct them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-is-acting-very-strange-since-installing-the/37ef3cec-6813-4fc2-abc4-1e3f401a5671
  10. Very very strange!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Very very strange!: Using "Turn Windows features on or off" on Windows 10 Pro trying to enable Hyper-V Hypervisor. I can check all the other Hyper-V boxes, but try as I may, I am unable to put a check mark next to the Hyper-V Hypervisor option. I HAVE enabled Vt-x virtualization in BIOS, if...