Windows 10: My microphone is all of a sudden not working

Discus and support My microphone is all of a sudden not working in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Ever since I've gotten hit with the "Conexant Audio" stuff i managed to install the default Corsair Drivers for my headset But now my mic Is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/_shinyzE, Jan 10, 2021.

1. My microphone is all of a sudden not working

Ever since I've gotten hit with the "Conexant Audio" stuff i managed to install the default Corsair Drivers for my headset

But now my mic Is not working, Instead i get some buzzing/static in my left ear when i have my mic plugged in, not 100% of the time but whenever i try to listen to my voice in discord/mic-check etc

Would anyone know how i could possibly troubleshoot this?

I've made sure that my mic is enabled in sound settings, I've made sure It's enabled in device manager

My audio works fine, but I still can't see my speakers receiving audio over here, as in, the green bar doesn't go up or anything

submitted by /u/_shinyzE
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/_shinyzE, Jan 10, 2021
  2. Arun B J Win User

Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jan 10, 2021
  3. camera n microphone not working all of a sudden

Hi,

To assist you better with your camera and microphone not working, we need the following information:

• What device are you using when trying to use your camera and microphone?
    • What is the exact error message?

You may want to check possible troubleshooting steps
    here

Let us know how it goes.

Christian Mart, Jan 10, 2021
  4. My microphone is all of a sudden not working

microphone is not working

Hi Junezryaz,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10 and your steps in solving the issue.

I suggest you to run the microphone troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooter” in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on ‘View All’ on the top left corner.
    • Click on “Recording Audio” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with the necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 10, 2021
Thema:

My microphone is all of a sudden not working

1. My microphone is all of a sudden not working - Similar Threads - microphone sudden working

2. Built in Microphone all of a sudden not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Built in Microphone all of a sudden not working: When I go into Settings & click ' Allow all apps to access my microphone' the system won't recognize my device. When I 'Don't all all apps to access my microphone; the system recognizes my device. Either way nobody can hear me they can see me so camera is ok & I can see/hear...
  3. Built in Microphone all of a sudden not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Built in Microphone all of a sudden not working: When I go into Settings & click ' Allow all apps to access my microphone' the system won't recognize my device. When I 'Don't all all apps to access my microphone; the system recognizes my device. Either way nobody can hear me they can see me so camera is ok & I can see/hear...
  4. All my microphones have suddenly stopped working on my pc?!

All my microphones have suddenly stopped working on my pc?!: This happened just 3 days ago. just when i switched my origin account on apex to steam. after doing this, I'm not sure if it was this that caused it or not, my microphones stopped working. i have tried several times and watched lots of YouTube videos, but still haven't found...
  5. All my microphones have suddenly stopped working on my pc?!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    All my microphones have suddenly stopped working on my pc?!: This happened just 3 days ago. just when i switched my origin account on apex to steam. after doing this, I'm not sure if it was this that caused it or not, my microphones stopped working. i have tried several times and watched lots of YouTube videos, but still haven't found...
  6. All my microphones have suddenly stopped working on my pc?!

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. My microphone just suddenly stopped working all of the sudden

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My microphone just suddenly stopped working all of the sudden: So, i bought a new laptop Using windows 11 a couple of months ago and it was working fine until now, somehow the microphone just suddenly stopped working on all programs, yesterday it was working fine but somehow when i shut my laptop down and then turned it back on the next...
  8. My microphone just suddenly stopped working all of the sudden

My microphone just suddenly stopped working all of the sudden: So, i bought a new laptop Using windows 11 a couple of months ago and it was working fine until now, somehow the microphone just suddenly stopped working on all programs, yesterday it was working fine but somehow when i shut my laptop down and then turned it back on the next...
  9. All of a sudden my microphone is no longer working properly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All of a sudden my microphone is no longer working properly: I am not sure if this is the right subreddit, but I was hoping I could find someone who had similar problems and solved them. I own a Lenovo gaming laptop, it runs on Windows 10 Pro, and I use my Samsung headphones on it. I've always done it, mostly because I am too lazy to...
  10. Microphone distorted all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone distorted all of a sudden: Hello, i have gotten a new microphone because my old one broke, this microphone is cheap but its the exact same one i had that broke (i got the same one because its a good microphone). My microphone was working fine until out of nowhere it started being really distorted and...