Windows 10: My microphone is connect to my pc but it wont pick up any sound.

Discus and support My microphone is connect to my pc but it wont pick up any sound. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My microphone works on my laptop so I know its functional, but when I plug it into my pc it the microphone only picks up sound when I tap onto it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BraedonAndrews, Mar 24, 2019.

1. My microphone is connect to my pc but it wont pick up any sound.

My microphone works on my laptop so I know its functional, but when I plug it into my pc it the microphone only picks up sound when I tap onto it. currently running windows 10.

:)

BraedonAndrews, Mar 24, 2019
  2. Arcadian Win User

Microphone still unable to pick up sound from Dragon Speech

Not a techie at all sorry but follow your general drift which is interesting. I've now got a mike input (USB Pro Sound) but how do you make the connection to the headphone output as there's two separate wires ?

Arcadian, Mar 24, 2019
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    Microphone issues

Hi Michael,

Here are the possible reasons why you're getting an error "The microphone did not pick anything up" when using it:

• Incorrect settings (microphone is not set as default device)
    • Corrupted or outdated driver
    • Faulty device

For us to isolate the issue, we'd like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to this issue(e.g. Windows updates)?
    • Have you tried connecting other microphone to your computer?
    • Have you tried connecting the microphone to the other computer?

In the meantime, we suggest running the Recording Audio Troubleshooter to find and repair problems with recording sound. We also suggest checking if your microphone is set as your default recording device. For troubleshooting steps, please see
    Geethu B's on this
    link.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Mar 24, 2019
  4. My microphone is connect to my pc but it wont pick up any sound.

Microphone is picking up the laptop's sounds.

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10.

I understand your concern about using Microphone as expected on Windows 10, we will assist you with this issue.

I would suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

• Right click on the sound icon in the taskbar and select the
      Recording Devices menu.

• In the Recording
      tab of Sounds window, you will notice the microphone which is active, i.e. the one with a green tick mark. Right click on the active microphone and select its
      Properties.

• Select the Levels Tab. This tab exhibits you two sections:
      Microphone andMicrophone Boost.

• Use the sliders to modify your volume settings. You can take the Microphone Boost slider up to +40 dB. To save the changes click on Ok.

If you do the modification while the conversation goes on then you will get the immediate feedback of the output sound from the end user and so you can adjust the volume using the sliders as per requirement.

Method 2:

• Right click on Start to open the Power User Menu.

• Click on Control panel and then on
      Sound.

• Click on the Communication tab in the sound window. You will see four options under
      When Windows detects Communication activities.

• Click on the radio button next to
      Do nothing. Click on Apply and then
      OK. You might need to restart the computer to implement the changes.

Hope it helps. If you need further assistance, please do let us know and we would be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 24, 2019
Thema:

My microphone is connect to my pc but it wont pick up any sound.

1. My microphone is connect to my pc but it wont pick up any sound. - Similar Threads - microphone connect wont

2. My microphone picking up all my Pc Sounds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My microphone picking up all my Pc Sounds: Hello, I have a problem, I have a microphone and a sound card, and in the second sound card I have the microphone, and when I record sound or call my friends, they hear the sound of what I have in my headphones, for example, my game or music...
  3. My microphone picking up all my Pc Sounds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My microphone picking up all my Pc Sounds: Hello, I have a problem, I have a microphone and a sound card, and in the second sound card I have the microphone, and when I record sound or call my friends, they hear the sound of what I have in my headphones, for example, my game or music...
  4. My microphone picking up all my Pc Sounds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. PC Won't Pick Up My Microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Won't Pick Up My Microphone: My pc won't pick up my microphone. Ive tried everything, uninstalling and reinstalling my audio drivers, watching videos on the subject, troubleshooting my sound problems, plugging in my mic through the rear and front. Nothing works, hopefully someone can help...
  6. My microphone picks up no sound!

My microphone picks up no sound!: To top it off when I right click the volume in the taskbar there is no recording devices present. My microphone is part of a web-cam or a blue-tooth headphone with microphone, I have two recording devices....
  7. Microphone is picking up my PC audio.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone is picking up my PC audio.: I have an Asus motherboard with amd and realtek audio manager. I went threw countless fixes, but nothing worked. The Mic doesnt display any sounds in the sound control panel, yet it still picks up the audio. All my drivers are up to date and there are no problems found by...
  8. Microphone unable to pick up any sound on settings

Microphone unable to pick up any sound on settings: Hi, Today I was playing around with Audacity and enabled stereo mix for the first time in ages to record some audio from my XPS 13. After doing this, my microphone started playing up and people were unable to hear me on discord and facebook messenger calls. I had a look at...
  9. Microphone barely picking up any sound

Microphone barely picking up any sound: I have a Lenovo Ideapad L340 and use the built in microphone which is a RealTek , never had an issue with it. Talked with people using my laptop this morning, all good. Went out for lunch, came back and now it barely picks up any sound, nothing changed as far as I know,...
  10. Windows wont pick up any microphone audio.

Windows wont pick up any microphone audio.: ive tried rebooting. re installing my driver devices. but no audio is being picked up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-wont-pick-up-any-microphone-audio/1f4ef7b1-4bfe-4125-ac32-e9427137c66a