Windows 10: My microphone is kinda dying while talking

Discus and support My microphone is kinda dying while talking in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Not sure if this is the right subreddit for something like this, but today my friend noticed that he could hear me just sometimes on discord. After a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/nitetwo, Jan 17, 2021.

1. My microphone is kinda dying while talking

Not sure if this is the right subreddit for something like this, but today my friend noticed that he could hear me just sometimes on discord. After a few hours i did a full reset on my pc as it was running slow anyways, everything running fine now, but i still have the same audio problem. I already made several tests with my microphone + mixer, headset microphone + mixer and headset microphone without mix straight in my pc and all of them showed the same results. I can talk normally for like 2-5 sec, but after that i sound like i move away from the mic even though im still in front of it doing the same noise in the same volume as before. Idk what else to do, any help would be welcome. I can also provide audio samples if needed.

submitted by /u/nitetwo
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/nitetwo, Jan 17, 2021

2. microphon

Hi Hassan,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

If a mic connected to this computer isn’t working properly then it’s likely a settings problem.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right-click on the speaker icon in the bottom-right part of the screen.

• Click on ‘Recording Devices‘.

• A list of recording devices will appear. Try speaking into your microphone, and see if there any
      green bars rising next to one of them while you talk.

• If you don’t see any green bars skip to step 5.

• Check if you can recognize which one of the devices in the list is your
      microphone. If you found it, click on it to highlight it, and then click
      Set Default.

• Check again if you see green bars rising when you talk into the microphone. If you do your mic is now correctly setup. If not, continue to next step.

• Double-click on the device that represents your microphone. The
      Microphone Properties window will appear. Click the Levels tab.

• In the levels tab, drag the slider all the way to the right, until the number on the right says “100“.

• Click OK and check if it helps.
    Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

ThofikhAhamad, Jan 17, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jan 17, 2021
  4. My microphone is kinda dying while talking

Microphone not working Windows 10

Hi Perry,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

If a mic connected to this computer isn’t working properly then it’s likely a settings problem.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right-click on the speaker icon in the bottom-right part of the screen.

• Click on ‘Recording Devices‘.

• A list of recording devices will appear. Try speaking into your microphone, and see if there any
      green bars rising next to one of them while you talk.

• If you don’t see any green bars skip to step 5.

• Check if you can recognize which one of the devices in the list is your
      microphone. If you found it, click on it to highlight it, and then click
      Set Default.

• Check again if you see green bars rising when you talk into the microphone. If you do your mic is now correctly setup. If not, continue to next step.

• Double-click on the device that represents your microphone. The
      Microphone Properties window will appear. Click the Levels tab.

• In the levels tab, drag the slider all the way to the right, until the number on the right says “100“.

• Click OK and check if it helps.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jan 17, 2021
Thema:

My microphone is kinda dying while talking

1. My microphone is kinda dying while talking - Similar Threads - microphone kinda dying

2. My microphone sounds very robotic and fuzzy everytime I talk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My microphone sounds very robotic and fuzzy everytime I talk: On a windows 10 PC, I have come across a problem where my voice sounds robotic and fuzzy. When I try to talk my voice distorts and makes me sound robotic, my voice cuts out and becomes fuzzy and some points. This problem is happening not just exclusively on 1...
  3. My computer died while I was at school

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My computer died while I was at school: Hello! I was using your phone, at 10 AM today, my computer keeps dying so I’m sorry to interrupt you your computer is died, any ideas?Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-died-while-i-was-at-school/35456245-3d96-4218-b690-de6f01d46286
  4. My computer died while I was at school

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer died while I was at school: Hello! I was using your phone, at 10 AM today, my computer keeps dying so I’m sorry to interrupt you your computer is died, any ideas?Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-died-while-i-was-at-school/35456245-3d96-4218-b690-de6f01d46286
  5. My computer died while I was at school

6. My computer died while downloading a game

My computer died while downloading a game: my computer died while downloading sea of theves on the xbox app when i turned my computer on i couldn't download sea of theves now i have 20 odd gb of lost files, how do i fix this?...
  7. Zoom My laptop's microphone cuts off my voice while others talking

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Zoom My laptop's microphone cuts off my voice while others talking: Hi, i have asus laptop. When i join to Zoom session, while only i'm talking, there is no problem.But if someone talks with me at the same time, my mic cuts off my voice and otherparticipants cant hear my voice. If everyone silence, my voice going properly. Its not about...
  8. my laptop died while updating

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    my laptop died while updating: my laptop died whilst updating, i’ve turned it on and it’s been stuck on the screen saying “undoing changes made to your computer” any advice? will my computer and data be okay? submitted by /u/shadyxmcr [link] [comments]...
  9. MY COMPUTER DIED WHILE ON UPDATE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MY COMPUTER DIED WHILE ON UPDATE: helppp, my dad would get mad huhuhu I leave my laptop updating and didn't realized it was unplugged. When i tried to open my laptop this morning, is not responding, i mean my hp laptop wasn't turning on. sorry for my grammar. but the plugged in the side has light. so it was...
  10. My computer is kinda screwed. HELP

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My computer is kinda screwed. HELP: So ever since yesterday, i noticed that my disk space was super low. When i was thinking about using disk cleaner, i called my dad. He said i should just move the files to my more storage hard drive and then delete them on my disk, i already had my user file in hard drive,...