Windows 10: My microphone is no longer being detected!

Discus and support My microphone is no longer being detected! in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I've been a streamer and content creator for a little while now and recently my compressor microphone no longer is detected by my desktop. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jo Bach, Mar 28, 2023.

1. Jo Bach Win User

My microphone is no longer being detected!

Hi, I've been a streamer and content creator for a little while now and recently my compressor microphone no longer is detected by my desktop. I have tried updating my drivers, redownloading maxx audio, and ensuring that the little dialogue box is set to always pop up when a new device is connected. It is as if my jacks no longer work. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

:)

Jo Bach, Mar 28, 2023

2. Microphone not detected

I've run it, it says the problem was 'Generic audio driver'. But I don't actually feel any problems on playing audios. My problem was about external microphones not detected, this laptop wont detect any external microphones
    plugged in, it will always use the internal microphone. I've done the troubleshoot (recording audio) and the troubleshoot said they can't detect the problem.

M. Nabil Mu'afa, Mar 28, 2023
  3. Microphone detected by windows but mic doesn't work

same happened to and this solved it, good luck

If you're having trouble with your microphone, let's start by making sure your microphone has full permission to run in Windows. If your microphone is no longer detected after updating Windows 10, you may need to give apps permission to use it.

• To let apps access the microphone, select the Start button, and then select Settings > Privacy > Microphone.

• Under "Allow access to the microphone on this device", it should state, "Microphone access for this device is on." Select the
      Change button to make sure the setting is set to
      On.

• Then make sure Allow apps to access your microphone is also set to On.

• After allowing access to the microphone, you can choose which apps can access these features under Choose which apps can access your microphone.

sylwiawawrzynczak, Mar 28, 2023
  4. My microphone is no longer being detected!

Microphone on Headphones Not Detected (Windows 10)

I gave you many steps to force the headset microphone to show up. They would take more than an hour to perform, plus the way a forums works is interactively so we don't just give up after the first post but use feedback about your results to suggest more
    steps.

See also fixes here that are working for microphones not detected:

https://www.howtogeek.com/395296/fix-my-microph...

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-19, Mar 28, 2023
Thema:

My microphone is no longer being detected!

1. My microphone is no longer being detected! - Similar Threads - microphone longer being

2. My microphone is being detected as headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My microphone is being detected as headphones: Hello! I try to connect my Bower microphone from Bower's Vlogger Pro Kit to my Windows 10 laptop. It doesn't show up in the Device Manager and I can't control any of its properties. When I try to play audio while the microphone is plugged in, it seems that Windows is trying...
  3. My microphone is being detected as headphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My microphone is being detected as headphones: Hello! I try to connect my Bower microphone from Bower's Vlogger Pro Kit to my Windows 10 laptop. It doesn't show up in the Device Manager and I can't control any of its properties. When I try to play audio while the microphone is plugged in, it seems that Windows is trying...
  4. My microphone is no longer being detected!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My microphone is no longer being detected!: Hi, I've been a streamer and content creator for a little while now and recently my compressor microphone no longer is detected by my desktop. I have tried updating my drivers, redownloading maxx audio, and ensuring that the little dialogue box is set to always pop up when a...
  5. My microphone is no longer being detected!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My microphone is no longer being detected!: Hi, I've been a streamer and content creator for a little while now and recently my compressor microphone no longer is detected by my desktop. I have tried updating my drivers, redownloading maxx audio, and ensuring that the little dialogue box is set to always pop up when a...
  6. Microphone no longer detected.

Microphone no longer detected.: I have a Lenovo ThinkPad running Windows 10. The machine is only 2 years old. The entire time during lockdown, my microphone has worked. I haven't used it in 2 months and suddenly before a zoom call today, I got a notice that the microphone is not detected. I haven't been...
  7. Microphone no longer detected.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone no longer detected.: I have a Lenovo ThinkPad running Windows 10. The machine is only 2 years old. The entire time during lockdown, my microphone has worked. I haven't used it in 2 months and suddenly before a zoom call today, I got a notice that the microphone is not detected. I haven't been...
  8. Microphone no longer detected.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Microphone not being detected

Microphone not being detected: I've had my laptop acer swift SF114-32 for about four months now and have been having an issue with setting up my microphone. For some reason, no matter what I do, it will not recognize any microphone I plug into the aux-port. I've tried going into device manager, but it...
  10. My headset microphone is not being detected

My headset microphone is not being detected: 1 year ago I bought a HyperX Cloud headset. Everything worked pretty well on my Laptop, until I built a new PC this year. The front panel has one headphone and one microphone jack, but the headset has only one plug for both the microphone that comes with it and the audio...