Windows 10: My microphone is not being detected on my computer

Discus and support My microphone is not being detected on my computer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My headset Corsair HS30 Raptor is not being detected on my computer. To connect my headset to my computer, I have a splitter that connects to the green... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BrustachioYT, May 8, 2020.

1. My microphone is not being detected on my computer

My headset Corsair HS30 Raptor is not being detected on my computer. To connect my headset to my computer, I have a splitter that connects to the green and red jacks on the back of my computer. On the front, I have a front panel jack which should play out of my speakers. This problem started when I updated my drivers to the latest of Realtek and it started to say that my microphone is not plugged in when it is.

My microphone is not being detected on my computer 24139ad0-294c-47ce-af18-8f736adf2f6f?upload=true.png

Here is a photo of what it says:

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

:)

BrustachioYT, May 8, 2020

2. Microphone not detected

I've run it, it says the problem was 'Generic audio driver'. But I don't actually feel any problems on playing audios. My problem was about external microphones not detected, this laptop wont detect any external microphones
    plugged in, it will always use the internal microphone. I've done the troubleshoot (recording audio) and the troubleshoot said they can't detect the problem.

M. Nabil Mu'afa, May 8, 2020
  3. Microphone on Headphones Not Detected (Windows 10)

I gave you many steps to force the headset microphone to show up. They would take more than an hour to perform, plus the way a forums works is interactively so we don't just give up after the first post but use feedback about your results to suggest more
    steps.

See also fixes here that are working for microphones not detected:

https://www.howtogeek.com/395296/fix-my-microph...

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-19, May 8, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

My microphone is not being detected on my computer

Unable to use Microphone on the computer

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to use Microphone on your computer. I’ll certainly assist you with this issue.

However, please let us know:

• Were you able to use Microphone on your computer earlier?
    • What is the make and model of the Microphone that you are using?

Ideally, if we add a new Microphone to the computer, we will need to go through the setup process to use it, let me help you with the steps. I would suggest you to refer the article on
    How to set up and test microphones in Windows 10 and setup
    the Microphone. Once the Microphone is setup, you can start using it.

If you still face issues, I would suggest you to refer the article on
    Fix microphone problems
    and see if that helps.

Let us know the results, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 8, 2020
Thema:

My microphone is not being detected on my computer

1. My microphone is not being detected on my computer - Similar Threads - microphone being detected

2. My microphone is being detected as headphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My microphone is being detected as headphones: Hello! I try to connect my Bower microphone from Bower's Vlogger Pro Kit to my Windows 10 laptop. It doesn't show up in the Device Manager and I can't control any of its properties. When I try to play audio while the microphone is plugged in, it seems that Windows is trying...
  3. My microphone is being detected as headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My microphone is being detected as headphones: Hello! I try to connect my Bower microphone from Bower's Vlogger Pro Kit to my Windows 10 laptop. It doesn't show up in the Device Manager and I can't control any of its properties. When I try to play audio while the microphone is plugged in, it seems that Windows is trying...
  4. My microphone is being detected as headphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My microphone is no longer being detected!

My microphone is no longer being detected!: Hi, I've been a streamer and content creator for a little while now and recently my compressor microphone no longer is detected by my desktop. I have tried updating my drivers, redownloading maxx audio, and ensuring that the little dialogue box is set to always pop up when a...
  6. My microphone is no longer being detected!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My microphone is no longer being detected!: Hi, I've been a streamer and content creator for a little while now and recently my compressor microphone no longer is detected by my desktop. I have tried updating my drivers, redownloading maxx audio, and ensuring that the little dialogue box is set to always pop up when a...
  7. My microphone is no longer being detected!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. My Microphone isn't being detected by my pc...

My Microphone isn't being detected by my pc...: Good Evening,My microphone that I just bought Elgato Wave:3 is not being detected by my pc, so I can't even troubleshoot it. It is not available in the microphone settings or anything else I've tried....
  9. Microphone not being detected by my computer but is working fine in Discord

Microphone not being detected by my computer but is working fine in Discord: Hello. I recently built a new PC using all new parts except for my Graphics card, HDD, and Power supply which I was slowly upgrading beforehand but as soon as I finished the build and went to use my headset's mic, it is not being detected by my computer. I have since...
  10. My headset microphone is not being detected

My headset microphone is not being detected: 1 year ago I bought a HyperX Cloud headset. Everything worked pretty well on my Laptop, until I built a new PC this year. The front panel has one headphone and one microphone jack, but the headset has only one plug for both the microphone that comes with it and the audio...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microphone setup wizard

2. microphone plugged in but not an input option