Windows 10: My microphone is picking up my computer's output sound, no idea how to fix it

Discus and support My microphone is picking up my computer's output sound, no idea how to fix it in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; For the past month or so after a windows 10 update my headset microphone on my computer now also picks up output sounds that it defintely shouldnt be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SamsonBark, Nov 8, 2018.

1. My microphone is picking up my computer's output sound, no idea how to fix it

For the past month or so after a windows 10 update my headset microphone on my computer now also picks up output sounds that it defintely shouldnt be (even when i mute my mic with the little control on the headphone cord it does it, so its not me having my headphones too loud).

I cannot hear the echo personally through my headset, but when on discord, if I'm in a call and watching a youtube video on my computer, if the video gets loud (going above the mic sensitivity threshhold) anyone in the call can hear it. Also if I'm recording/streaming on OBS, I can hear a faint echo created from this bug.

I've tried all different kinds of fixes: uninstalling and reinstalling realtek audio drivers (seeing thats the one my computer uses for my output and I can't seem to change them to nvidia), disabling stereo mix, turning stereo mix volume all the way down to 0, unchecking every single "listen to this device" option on all my sound devices, etc etc.

The only possible fix left that I can think of is changing my speaker drivers from realtek to nvidia ones (which I personally have no idea how to do and couldn't find anything regarding it online).

Could someone please help me figure this out, its really infuriating me.

Specs:
    Windows 10, up to date
    Nvidia 960M graphics
    Intel i7-6700HQ
    16G ram
    64-bit operating system with x64-based processor

Headphones are Logitech G433, which outputs to a single cord, that plugs into a splitter, putting them into seperate audio in and out plugs.

:)

SamsonBark, Nov 8, 2018
  2. Arcadian Win User

Microphone still unable to pick up sound from Dragon Speech

Not a techie at all sorry but follow your general drift which is interesting. I've now got a mike input (USB Pro Sound) but how do you make the connection to the headphone output as there's two separate wires ?

Arcadian, Nov 8, 2018
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    Microphone issues

Hi Michael,

Here are the possible reasons why you're getting an error "The microphone did not pick anything up" when using it:

• Incorrect settings (microphone is not set as default device)
    • Corrupted or outdated driver
    • Faulty device

For us to isolate the issue, we'd like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to this issue(e.g. Windows updates)?
    • Have you tried connecting other microphone to your computer?
    • Have you tried connecting the microphone to the other computer?

In the meantime, we suggest running the Recording Audio Troubleshooter to find and repair problems with recording sound. We also suggest checking if your microphone is set as your default recording device. For troubleshooting steps, please see
    Geethu B's on this
    link.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Nov 8, 2018
  4. makesense Win User

My microphone is picking up my computer's output sound, no idea how to fix it

Windows 10 No microphone will work

Sorry about the long response time. Work sucks sometime.

I tried both a headset microphone and the usb microphone on another Windows 10 computer. It did not pick up any microphone signal and was showing the same emulated sound output as I noted before.

That is what is really bothering me. Both computers detect the microphones, yet output is being directed to them as well as any plugged in speaker/headphone.

makesense, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

My microphone is picking up my computer's output sound, no idea how to fix it

1. My microphone is picking up my computer's output sound, no idea how to fix it - Similar Threads - microphone picking computer's

2. My headset's microphone is not picking up my voice, only the output.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My headset's microphone is not picking up my voice, only the output.: I bought a HyperX Cloud Stinger headset, when I tried to use the microphone it didn't work. When I tested Discord I could only hear the audio of a video I was watching, and as I knew what the problem was, I searched in forums and Youtube a way to fix it, but those solutions...
  3. My headset's microphone is not picking up my voice, only the output.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My headset's microphone is not picking up my voice, only the output.: I bought a HyperX Cloud Stinger headset, when I tried to use the microphone it didn't work. When I tested Discord I could only hear the audio of a video I was watching, and as I knew what the problem was, I searched in forums and Youtube a way to fix it, but those solutions...
  4. My headset's microphone is not picking up my voice, only the output.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My computer can't pick up sounds from my microphone

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My computer can't pick up sounds from my microphone: Like you've read in the title, my computer can't pick up any sounds from my mic in my headphones. I tried to download audio drivers but it still doesn't work, but when I tried it with my earphones, then everything works fine. I think the problem is with the drivers because I...
  6. My microphone picks up no sound!

My microphone picks up no sound!: To top it off when I right click the volume in the taskbar there is no recording devices present. My microphone is part of a web-cam or a blue-tooth headphone with microphone, I have two recording devices....
  7. My mic picking up all output sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    My mic picking up all output sound: My mic capturing all output sound from my Laptop. Im using windows 10 and also audio splitter already installed. Can anyone tell me how to slove this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-mic-picking-up-all-output-sound/24c8bae9-89a3-4b91-bad8-fbe92ed1bd4a
  8. (Probably Realtek) Microphone picking up computer sounds but not my voice

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    (Probably Realtek) Microphone picking up computer sounds but not my voice: submitted by /u/Prat3Tears [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g1fy8m/probably_realtek_microphone_picking_up_computer/
  9. Microphone picks up output sound

Microphone picks up output sound: For some reason, my headphone microphone keeps picking up the sound played through my computer. So, for example, when I'm watching a YouTube video while in a Discord call, everyone in the call will be able to hear the audio from the video. I've got no idea why this is...
  10. Microphone picks up computer sound

Microphone picks up computer sound: I have recently had a problem where my microphone will take output sounds of my computer such as music or videos and games even when my microphone is not turned on. This seemed to be happening ever since I got my headphones plugged in as I recently built a new computer and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microphone picking up typing

2. mic is picking up computer audio

3. why is the mic picking the computers audio but not my voice

4. mic picking up system sounds,
  5. built in mic picks up computer audio but not my voice,
  6. why is my mic picking up desktop audio,
  7. windows 10 mic only pick up computer sound,
  8. why is my mic not picking up my voice,
  9. desktop audio is picked up by microphone,
  10. how to pick up sound from a computer,
  11. headset perfectly ppicks up computer audio?????,