Windows 10: My microphone is recording output sent to my headset

Discus and support My microphone is recording output sent to my headset in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've been struggling with this for a few months so I decided I might as well post it here. Whenever I use my microphone it also records whatever my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mi cara lul, Oct 6, 2019.

1. My microphone is recording output sent to my headset

I've been struggling with this for a few months so I decided I might as well post it here.

Whenever I use my microphone it also records whatever my computer is outputing, and it's not like the actual audio coming from the headset is being recorded, my headset is a "Gamecraft ad100" and it comes with that little slider that lets you control the volume, so I set my computer volume to 100, but moved the slider all the way so that there's no sound, but my microphone still picked up whatever was being sent to my headphones.

I tried reinstalling the drivers, but it didn't really help.

If it's of any importance, I used to share my computer and the other user had installed a virtual microphone, I believe that before that the microphone used to work just fine but I'm not sure.

Thanks in advance!

:)

Mi cara lul, Oct 6, 2019

2. My headset microphone outputs static/very muffled sound

Hi Tom,

In order to help you resolve issues with the microphone on headset, we suggest the you run the built in troubleshooter in you PC. Here are the steps:

• In the Search Box, type Troubleshoot and press
      Enter.
    • Look for and select Recording Audio, and press Run the troubleshooter.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rolando Vil, Oct 6, 2019
  3. Microphone records input and output

I am using a DAW to record microphone inputs on various tracks.

When I hit record, the microphone picks up the DAW's metronome (output) as well as the sound I intended to record. When I play back the track, the metronome has indeed been recorded, along with all the other sounds picked up by the microphone.

When I start another track the input records both the microphone and the playback audio, including all previously recorded tracks and the metronome.

Listen to device has been deselected. There is no environmental effects tab for the microphone. All other inputs and outputs have been disabled. I have customized and reset to defaults from both the Windows settings/sounds panels and the DAW. The inputs
    work, and the outputs work, I just want the input to ONLY record the microphone, not all other playback/output signals.

nigel666911314, Oct 6, 2019
  4. iBSODed Win User

My microphone is recording output sent to my headset

Headset microphone not recording when headset is default audio device

HelloSo three days ago I wiped all of my drives and installed Windows 10. I have a Corsair Vengenace 2100 headset. I installed the realtek drivers from ASUS download section for my motherboard and then I installed the headset drivers.The problem is that my headset does not record anything through the microphone if I set it to be the default device for audio output. If I have my other computer speakers as the default output device my microphone works just fine.This goes for all the USBs in the back of the motherboard. The headset works just great if I plug in the wireless reciever in the front of the computer.I have tried to reinstall the drivers multiple times and checked a bunch of different settings in the sound manager in windows but nothing seems to work.Have also googled all kinds of things but nothing seems to relate to my problem.I do not have any external sound card plugged into my computer.Thanks for any help provided!

iBSODed, Oct 6, 2019
Thema:

My microphone is recording output sent to my headset

1. My microphone is recording output sent to my headset - Similar Threads - microphone recording output

2. My headset's microphone is not picking up my voice, only the output.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My headset's microphone is not picking up my voice, only the output.: I bought a HyperX Cloud Stinger headset, when I tried to use the microphone it didn't work. When I tested Discord I could only hear the audio of a video I was watching, and as I knew what the problem was, I searched in forums and Youtube a way to fix it, but those solutions...
  3. My headset's microphone is not picking up my voice, only the output.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My headset's microphone is not picking up my voice, only the output.: I bought a HyperX Cloud Stinger headset, when I tried to use the microphone it didn't work. When I tested Discord I could only hear the audio of a video I was watching, and as I knew what the problem was, I searched in forums and Youtube a way to fix it, but those solutions...
  4. My headset's microphone is not picking up my voice, only the output.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Microphone output is connected to the output of my speaker

Microphone output is connected to the output of my speaker: I have been using my computer for almost a year now, just a few days ago I wanted to use my mic in a recording but it didn't work, shortly after I played some audio through my speakers and noticed that my mic is playing it back, I checked the headset and used it in another...
  6. my headset microphone is not showing in recording

my headset microphone is not showing in recording: I'm using the HyperX Cloud Stinger headset. Instead of my computer using my headset microphone, it was using the one inbuilt into my laptop. I went to recording to switch devices and my headset didn't show. I tried running multiple troubleshooters and reset my drivers with...
  7. Microphone records input and output

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone records input and output: I am using a DAW to record microphone inputs on various tracks. When I hit record, the microphone picks up the DAW's metronome (output) as well as the sound I intended to record. When I play back the track, the metronome has indeed been recorded, along with all the other...
  8. Microphone on my headset

Microphone on my headset: The mic on my headset seems to not be recognized by my computer. My headset is a brand new Razer Kraken that plugs into a thx surround sound device which goes into my computer via usb. I have tried all troubleshoots and have set it to default in my computer....
  9. Bluetooth headset on, microphone doesn't record.

Bluetooth headset on, microphone doesn't record.: headset works on phone, brand new. sony wh-h900n windows 10 The microphone shows bars when on recording tab, but when I open the recording tab it turns off the sound. Please help, tried uninstalling restarting and updated twice. It seems the problem works with headset...
  10. Recording issues with headset microphone

Recording issues with headset microphone: Cheers, Firstly, I have no idea where to ask help in my issue, so I am sending this troubleshoot all over the internet, pretty much. Thing is, I’d like to do a Let’s play (of sorts), you know, to record myself playing a game while at the same time giving comments. Easy...