Windows 10: My microphone isn't working properly

Discus and support My microphone isn't working properly in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, a few days ago my microphone started acting strange. I've tried multiple things to fix it, but none seem to work. When I go to settings it looks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Emalinea, Feb 3, 2021.

1. Emalinea Win User

My microphone isn't working properly

Hello, a few days ago my microphone started acting strange. I've tried multiple things to fix it, but none seem to work. When I go to settings it looks as if though my microphone is picking up sound all the time. Is there any way I can fix this? I'm currently having distance learning and I would really appreciate if someone could help me.

/Emma

:)

Emalinea, Feb 3, 2021

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Feb 3, 2021
  3. my microphone isn t working

Hi Alexandra,

You may experience problems with a device due to an issue with its driver or the hardware device itself. To narrow down the issue, we'd like to ask the following questions:

• Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you've tried so far?
    • Which version of Windows 10 are you currently running? To check your build, go to
      Start > Settings > System >
      About
    • Have you tried using the microphone on a different computer?
    • Have you tried using a different microphone?

We'll wait for your response and assist you accordingly.

Angela Pun, Feb 3, 2021
  4. Rolly13 Win User

Microphone not working properly after upgrade to 1803

After upgrade to 1803 my microphone is not working properly. I googeld and found many times this answer:

1. Hit Windows key and search for "microphone privacy settings"
    2. Hit "Allow access to the microphone on this device"
    3. Switch "Allow apps to access your microphone" to ON
    Among the apps that are showing is Edge. There the mike is working, but on chrome and my games microphone is not working

Rolly13, Feb 3, 2021
Thema:

1. My microphone isn't working properly - Similar Threads - microphone isn't working

2. My keyboard isn't working properly....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My keyboard isn't working properly....: Hello, some of the letters on my keyboard are not working, when I want to type the letters q,w,e,r,u,i,o,p, I have to use spacebar at the same time to type the letters. When I press capslock this happens QEWRUIOP------------------------------------------------ ------. And...
  3. My microphone isn't working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My microphone isn't working: Today I turned on my laptop and wanted to talk to a friend but I couldn't because my built in microphone wasn't working I tried restarting my laptop, running the troubleshooter, watching youtube videos but nothing worked. I don't know how to fix it if someone can help me I...
  4. My microphone isn't working

My microphone isn't working: Today I turned on my laptop and wanted to talk to a friend but I couldn't because my built in microphone wasn't working I tried restarting my laptop, running the troubleshooter, watching youtube videos but nothing worked. I don't know how to fix it if someone can help me I...
  5. My microphone isn't working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. My microphone isn't working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My microphone isn't working.: my microphone does not seem to be working recently and I'm not sure why. It says that no jack information on my microphone which I'd assume it has something to do with it but I am not sure...
  7. My microphone isn't working.

My microphone isn't working.: my microphone does not seem to be working recently and I'm not sure why. It says that no jack information on my microphone which I'd assume it has something to do with it but I am not sure...
  8. My microphone isn't working.

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. My Microphone Isn't Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Microphone Isn't Working: Hi, I'm having some serious problems with my mic. It started when my Google Meet said that my microphone is muted by the system. I then went to the mic settings and all apps were allowed access to the microphone. So, I went to Microsoft Help and asked it to...
  10. My PC isn't working properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My PC isn't working properly: My PC [Operating System: Windows 10] has been acting weird lately, it gets stuck a lot. A few days ago, it had a startup problem, but I fixed it using startup repair. It worked alright for a while. But two days ago, a new problem showed up. My PC boots, even my desktop shows...