Windows 10: my microphone keeps setting itself to 0% every now and there

Discus and support my microphone keeps setting itself to 0% every now and there in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; i have a gl703vm running the latest windows, every now and then the integrated mic get set to 0% idk why it does this, if you have any knowlege or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/nicolas2004GE, Jan 17, 2020.

1. my microphone keeps setting itself to 0% every now and there

/u/nicolas2004GE, Jan 17, 2020

2. Error: "You need to set up microphone in settings" while trying to access microphone on Windows 10

Hi,

As you are facing issue with accessing the microphone on your device, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to refer to the below post replied by Wasim Asad
    on August 18, 2015 to setup microphone on your device and check if it helps.

Cortana can’t hear me – Microphone level keeps getting set to
    zero.

Also, In order to check if your microphone is set to the default value, you must check it from the “Recording” tab.

To access this option, follow these steps:

• Right click on the volume icon and select Recording Devices.
    • In the window that opens, select the device which has the status Ready.
    • Click on the Set Default from the bottom of the window.
    • If you’ve done this correctly you should see the green mark on the correct microphone and audio level reacting to sound.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of accessing the microphone for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 17, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jan 17, 2020
  4. my microphone keeps setting itself to 0% every now and there

Microphone Volume resets to 0 and mutes microphone Windows 10

Hi Justin,

We know it's frustrating when things don't work as expected. Let me assist you with this.

I appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve the issue.

This issue could have occurred due to incorrect microphone settings or corrupt
    microphone drivers.

I suggest you to try the steps suggested by Wasim A on August 18, 2015
    and check if it helps.

Cortana can’t hear me – Microphone level keeps getting set to zero.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jan 17, 2020
Thema:

my microphone keeps setting itself to 0% every now and there

1. my microphone keeps setting itself to 0% every now and there - Similar Threads - microphone keeps setting

2. Keyboard keeps adding an "=" after every "0"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard keeps adding an "=" after every "0": I have a Razer Ornata Chroma keyboard and I'm on Windows 10 Pro. My keyboard now adds an equals sign every time I type a zero "0=" and I can't seem to find a way to stop this issue. It isn't happening with any of the other keys, including the zero on the number pad, which...
  3. My laptop's inbuilt microphone keeps uninstalling itself?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop's inbuilt microphone keeps uninstalling itself?: Hi there,So I recently bought this new laptop with Windows 11, and it works super well. The only issue I have is with the inbuilt microphone. For my audio I use Bluetooth headphones, but for some reason, after around a week or two of using the Bluetooth headphones, the...
  4. My laptop's inbuilt microphone keeps uninstalling itself?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop's inbuilt microphone keeps uninstalling itself?: Hi there,So I recently bought this new laptop with Windows 11, and it works super well. The only issue I have is with the inbuilt microphone. For my audio I use Bluetooth headphones, but for some reason, after around a week or two of using the Bluetooth headphones, the...
  5. Microphone keeps muting itself

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone keeps muting itself: As you can see in the above image, a specific device has its microphone muted. This happens irregularly and automatically. I have no programs that I know of that would affect my sound settings like this. Can anyone help?...
  6. Microphone gain keep adjusting itself

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone gain keep adjusting itself: Hey! So, it looks like i can't fix my microphone gain fixing itself on windows 10. I disabled apps to have control of every input i have but everytime i set it to, let's say, 69 it goes back to 100 or so in a bunch of seconds. The only apps i'm running in the background are...
  7. My microphone level keeps changing itself

My microphone level keeps changing itself: So I have a USB microphone it's Fifine K669B (I have a pretty tight budget). I have to set the microphone level on 80 so it's not overly sensitive. but often times, the level changed itself sometimes by 2, sometimes to 100. I have disabled the exclusive mode and selected "do...
  8. Microphone level is set to 0?

Microphone level is set to 0?: Hello, I have a headset that has served me faithfully for five years. Until now I never had any problems, but today some people came up and said I was ultra quiet. After that I came to the level setting in the sound device tab under Windows. I just set the level to 100 (it...
  9. My microphone on Game Bar keeps turning itself off.

My microphone on Game Bar keeps turning itself off.: Particularly, the "turn mic on by default when I record" option in the settings keeps turning itself off when I go into a game. Essentially making the option useless because I still have to manually turn on the microphone setting to have it. I tried with different games and...
  10. Microphone keeps un-muting itself

Microphone keeps un-muting itself: I keep a microphone on my desk, plugged into the 1/8" jack on the back of my Dell tower. Every day I mute it, because it picks up ambient noise and repeats it through my headphones while I'm listening to music/et.c at work. Every time I come back to it, watching a video,...