Windows 10: My microphone level is too low after windows update automatically updated realtek drivers

Discus and support My microphone level is too low after windows update automatically updated realtek drivers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have reviewed several posts by Greg Carmack helping folks with this issue after windows update updated the reaktek/intel drivers in earlier periods.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Frank7519, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Frank7519 Win User

My microphone level is too low after windows update automatically updated realtek drivers

I have reviewed several posts by Greg Carmack helping folks with this issue after windows update updated the reaktek/intel drivers in earlier periods.

A week ago on 6/7/2020, Windows Update updated the: aIntel MEDIA drivers version 10.23.0.2427, b realtek drivers automatically to version 6.0.1.8648 for MEDIA and c realtek version 6.0.8940.1 for EXTENSION. At that point the microphone volume level on the Intel Smart Sound Technology Microphone Array became very low. I have done all of the trouble shooting tips that Greg Carmack suggested in this post and several others: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ntegrity/75529fd4-fac7-4653-893a-dd8cd4b4db00

None of these things have worked. As a last resort last weekend. I restored the entire computer using an image back up I had from several days before the windows update driver install and the microphone worked again. Several days later the drivers installed themselves again since I restored to an earlier date, and the microphone seemed to worked ok.

Earlier this week, I downloaded the latest windows version 2004 and the microphone issue returned. Windows update did the driver updates I listed above again today 6/13/2020, and the microphone is not working. I also tried rolling back the drivers and the microphone did not work correctly and then uninstalled the drivers for the Intel microphone and the Realtek drivers and rebooted and then installed the drivers from the Dell website for my Vostro 7590. Nothing seems to work.

If I plug in an external headset ears and mic, the microphone volume level works correctly.

In these times of remote working and zoom meetings, I need the microphone no this newer laptop to work correctly. For the driver update through windows update, there does not seem to be a way to select the drivers and uninstall them and/or prevent windows from installing them. Is there a way to flag those drivers to not install? I can restore the machine to about a week ago when the microphone was working again and before the windows 2004 update, but I'm afraid that the microphone will break again if I cannot prevent these automatic driver updates from happening again.

It's a little frustrating to get it to work to only have it break again. Thanks Frank

:)

Frank7519, Jun 13, 2020
  2. bigscale Win User

windows automatic updates

i have some questions about the windows automatic updates in windows xp pro w sp/2. ive got about forty updates they recommend , mostly for security but i only installed two today. after installing them i found them in my add/remove programs in the control panel, if i add all these updates that is a lot of space on my hd almost 1 gig. i thought that updates just updated files and not created new programs. should i innore all these update suggestions from microsoft?

bigscale, Jun 13, 2020
  3. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Jun 13, 2020
  4. jbunch07 Win User

My microphone level is too low after windows update automatically updated realtek drivers

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile My microphone level is too low after windows update automatically updated realtek drivers :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

1. My microphone level is too low after windows update automatically updated realtek drivers - Similar Threads - microphone level too

2. Microphone array input level is too low

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone array input level is too low: Greetings,My microphone's input level is too low that I do not even hear myself properly. I can only hear myself when I speak very loudly and close to the mics of the laptop. I tried the followings and I request your assistance.I checked the input level and it is 100. Since...
  3. Microphone array input level is too low

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone array input level is too low: Greetings,My microphone's input level is too low that I do not even hear myself properly. I can only hear myself when I speak very loudly and close to the mics of the laptop. I tried the followings and I request your assistance.I checked the input level and it is 100. Since...
  4. Microphone too low

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone too low: HiI have a problem with my microphone. When I try to use my microphone I can't hear it. I only hear it if I scream in it. I have already tried everything like max volume, windows updates, driver updates, microphone booster but it still is very low. I thought maybe it was my...
  5. Microphone too low

Microphone too low: HiI have a problem with my microphone. When I try to use my microphone I can't hear it. I only hear it if I scream in it. I have already tried everything like max volume, windows updates, driver updates, microphone booster but it still is very low. I thought maybe it was my...
  6. Microphone is too low

Microphone is too low: Microphone volume is too low and sometimes it does not record my voice. I thought it is the microphone issue but the entire problem does not exist in my other device. Sometimes I need to cover my mouth just to record. I does not happen to the other device so it is not the mic...
  7. Microphone volume is too low after update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone volume is too low after update: Hi experts, I'm using HP 15s-du2023tx laptop and my built-in microphone is not working properly after a Windows 10 update. Tried to perform a microphone test, and driver update but it did not fix the issue. Tried to run Troubleshoot, but it cannot detect the problem. I tried...
  8. Mic level is too low

Mic level is too low: Hi all. I got a generic (amazon) camera that has a mic built in. The video part is running fine but the mic level (sound on the other side) is not. The generic driver is up to date. The control panel | sound | recording |Microphone | Properties | level is set at 100% I...
  9. Low volume after updating realtek audio drivers

Low volume after updating realtek audio drivers: I updated realtek audio driver on my Laptop, Razer Blade 2018 Advance Max-Q. Before update the name I could see was realtek high definition audio but now it shows Realtek R Audio codec with DolbyAPO. My audio has gotten really low, have already tried all the...
  10. Microphone too low

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone too low: Can anyone help me? I have a problem with my mic, the mic on my laptop can only detect voice with a very small range, you can see it in the picture,although I try to get the voice closer to the mic. I've tried to troubleshoot but it still detects my voice in a small range...