Windows 10: My Microphone no longer works after uninstalling a driver, the driver that is currently...

Discus and support My Microphone no longer works after uninstalling a driver, the driver that is currently... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I had a problem where my microphone randomly switched audio device from "USB Audio Device" to "USB Microphone" both drivers still worked but Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BlakeDavis71, Mar 18, 2021.

1. My Microphone no longer works after uninstalling a driver, the driver that is currently...

I had a problem where my microphone randomly switched audio device from "USB Audio Device" to "USB Microphone" both drivers still worked but Windows defaulted to "USB Microphone" which had a significantly lower quality according to my friends on Discord. This problem didn't seem to bad as I could just easily switch the audio device. Then, one day "USB Audio Device" stopped working outright. I uninstalled "USB Microphone" in an attempt to remove any interference, and reinstalled "USB Audio Device", but now my microphone does not work at all, no drivers seem to receive any audio from the device. What is going on?

:)

BlakeDavis71, Mar 18, 2021

2. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused My Microphone no longer works after uninstalling a driver, the driver that is currently... :confused:

oli_ramsay, Mar 18, 2021
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Microphone Driver is not functioning well

Hello Jericho,

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check the status of this issue.

Check your microphone’s drivers

• Type in “Device Manager” in the Search box and select it from the list.
    • Expand Sound, video and game controllers
    • Right-click (or tap and hold) your microphone device and select
      Update Driver Software.
    • Select Search automatically for updated driver software. This option will scan the Internet for the correct version of the driver or determine if you already have the most recent driver installed. You may be
      prompted to restart your computer to install the driver.
    Manually turn up the mic gain

• Type in “Sound” in the Search box and select
      Sound (Control Panel)
      from the list.
    • Select the Recording tab.
    • Right-click (or tap and hold) on the active microphone input device and select
      Properties.
    • Select the Levels tab.
    Manually drag the Microphone gain to a higher level and click
    Apply.

Write to us with the updated status and the required information for us to be able to assist you further.

Arul_D, Mar 18, 2021
  4. My Microphone no longer works after uninstalling a driver, the driver that is currently...

Uninstalling A Driver

Hello Zainab,

Issue as such may occur if your device is under a controlled or restricted network. To provide you the appropriate steps that can resolve your concern, we’d like to know if your device is connected to a domain run by an organization.

As an alternative, we suggest that you follow the steps below to uninstall driver:

• In the Search box, type Programs
      and Features and press
      Enter
    • Locate the driver that you want to uninstall.
    • Right-click on the driver that you want install and select Uninstall.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts.
    • Once done, restart your device to apply the changes.

Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Zedrick Del, Mar 18, 2021
Thema:

My Microphone no longer works after uninstalling a driver, the driver that is currently...

1. My Microphone no longer works after uninstalling a driver, the driver that is currently... - Similar Threads - Microphone longer works

2. Bluetooth doesn't work after uninstalling drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth doesn't work after uninstalling drivers: I've had a Bluetooth issue for a long time now and now I'm finally on the brink of it, after going through my regular business uninstalling my Bluetooth drivers like I do basically every day, they just never came back today. I currently don't see the Bluetooth section in my...
  3. Bluetooth doesn't work after uninstalling drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth doesn't work after uninstalling drivers: I've had a Bluetooth issue for a long time now and now I'm finally on the brink of it, after going through my regular business uninstalling my Bluetooth drivers like I do basically every day, they just never came back today. I currently don't see the Bluetooth section in my...
  4. Bluetooth doesn't work after uninstalling drivers

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Microphone driver not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone driver not working: I recently used the software “Advanced Driver Updater” in order to update some drivers on my computer after a sound issue. However, after using this software, my computer no longer detects the microphone which is built in to the computer. I have tried every possible solution...
  6. Microphone driver not working

Microphone driver not working: I recently used the software “Advanced Driver Updater” in order to update some drivers on my computer after a sound issue. However, after using this software, my computer no longer detects the microphone which is built in to the computer. I have tried every possible solution...
  7. Bluetooth no longer works, disappeared after uninstalling the drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth no longer works, disappeared after uninstalling the drivers: Hi, When I was working as usual, my laptop's Bluetooth suddenly stopped working. All devices were hacked. I turned off the Bluetooth, tried to turn it on again, it didn't work. I rebooted my computer, it still doesn't work. I went to device manager, uninstalled all Bluetooth...
  8. Bluetooth no longer works, disappeared after uninstalling the drivers

Bluetooth no longer works, disappeared after uninstalling the drivers: Hi, When I was working as usual, my laptop's Bluetooth suddenly stopped working. All devices were hacked. I turned off the Bluetooth, tried to turn it on again, it didn't work. I rebooted my computer, it still doesn't work. I went to device manager, uninstalled all Bluetooth...
  9. Bluetooth no longer works, disappeared after uninstalling the drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Touchscreen no longer works after installing pen drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchscreen no longer works after installing pen drivers: I have an old tablet PC with a touchscreen and pen that I upgraded to Windows 10 (from 8.1), and initially the touch screen capabilities worked fine but the pen was useless. After Windows Update automatically installed the drivers for pen/Intel HD graphics/etc, the pen worked...