Windows 10: my microphone not work and I can not open privacy setting how should i do?

Discus and support my microphone not work and I can not open privacy setting how should i do? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I try to input my microphone but it does not work and I also can not open Microphone privacy settings can someone tell me how to fixsorry for my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Nadira Waehayee, Aug 4, 2022.

1. my microphone not work and I can not open privacy setting how should i do?

I try to input my microphone but it does not work and I also can not open Microphone privacy settings can someone tell me how to fixsorry for my english

:)

Nadira Waehayee, Aug 4, 2022

2. Privacy Microphone Settings Not Working.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand that the Microphone Privacy settings for the Xbox Game Recorder is not working.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Version and Build of Windows 10 installed on the PC? (Type
      winver
      in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the make and model of the PC?
    • Are you aware of any changes on the PC prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps and check.

1. Press Windows + R key to open Run command.
    2. Type mmsys.cpl and click Ok.
    3. Select the Recording tab from the top.
    4. Right click on the microphone and select both
      Properties.
    5. Click on Listen tab and check the box beside Listen to this device.
    6. Click on Apply and OK.

If the issue persists, then we would suggest you to create a new administrator user account and check, refer this article to
    create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10.

Let us know the results. If the issue persists, we will certainly assist you further.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Aug 4, 2022
  3. window crashes when i open camera or microphone setting in privacy

Answers to your questions:

• Yes, both are working properly before.
    • Yes, i'm logged in as administrator.
    • No app can use camera or microphone. All apps said to allow in the privacy setting.

And i can't really solve using the adjustment on privacy setting. 'cause as i've said before, everytime i open camera or microphone setting in privacy, the window crashes everytime.

as for the troubleshooting, it couldn't identify the problem.

orangeshearts, Aug 4, 2022
  4. Rose Ter Win User

my microphone not work and I can not open privacy setting how should i do?

Camera and Microphone Privacy

Hi Moustafa,

This issue occurs due to permission issue, driver issue, license for an app is out of sync with the license installed on the computer or if the app is not updated. To give permission to Camera and Microphone app, you may follow
    these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Privacy.
    • Look for Camera, make sure that “Let apps use my camera” is turned On. You may choose the apps that can use your camera as well.
    • Go back to Privacy and select Microphone, make sure that “Let apps use my microphone” is turned On. You may choose the apps that can use your microphone as well.

If the issue persists, we would suggest that you check out this
    link
    . This will provide you troubleshooting steps regarding Camera and Microphone issues.

Feel free to contact us if you have further inquiries.

Rose Ter, Aug 4, 2022
Thema:

my microphone not work and I can not open privacy setting how should i do?

1. my microphone not work and I can not open privacy setting how should i do? - Similar Threads - microphone open privacy

2. how do i change my privacy settings for my microphone to work when i us my webcam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i change my privacy settings for my microphone to work when i us my webcam: when i open my webcam i get a message to change my privacy settings for my microphone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-privacy-settings-for-my/fde42bf4-88fd-45cd-9249-44ae18bde6e6
  3. how do i change my privacy settings for my microphone to work when i us my webcam

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i change my privacy settings for my microphone to work when i us my webcam: when i open my webcam i get a message to change my privacy settings for my microphone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-privacy-settings-for-my/fde42bf4-88fd-45cd-9249-44ae18bde6e6
  4. The Privacy Settings App crashes when I try to open microphone privacy settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Privacy Settings App crashes when I try to open microphone privacy settings: I did mess with services.msc and I want to fix it but don't know how https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-privacy-settings-app-crashes-when-i-try-to/a52aeb78-59ac-4f59-a9d9-329d13d14500
  5. The Privacy Settings App crashes when I try to open microphone privacy settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Privacy Settings App crashes when I try to open microphone privacy settings: I did mess with services.msc and I want to fix it but don't know how https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-privacy-settings-app-crashes-when-i-try-to/a52aeb78-59ac-4f59-a9d9-329d13d14500
  6. my microphone not work and I can not open privacy setting how should i do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my microphone not work and I can not open privacy setting how should i do?: I try to input my microphone but it does not work and I also can not open Microphone privacy settings can someone tell me how to fixsorry for my english...
  7. Microphone not working on programs! No, it’s not a privacy setting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone not working on programs! No, it’s not a privacy setting: Hello! I have a notebook and the microphone suddenly stopped working, not only the built-in microphone but when I connect a headphone doesn’t work as well, in the settings it does show as connected but no sound goes through, I’ve tried updating the drivers, disable and enable...
  8. Privacy Microphone Settings Not Working.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Privacy Microphone Settings Not Working.: Okay, I have researched a lot on this matter of the privacy settings on Windows 10 before having to come to this conclusion. My Microphone Privacy settings for the Xbox Game Recorder is Broken. I try to turn the mic on and it says that my privacy settings don't allow that and...
  9. I cannot change my microphone privacy settings.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I cannot change my microphone privacy settings.: I have windows pro. I have upgraded from my the "home" edition to "pro" edition for $100 and even using the gpuedit work around cannot unlock microphone....
  10. "microphone privacy settings"

in Windows 10 Customization
    "microphone privacy settings": I've been trying to get my microphone working for my computer. it was working before and now it stopped working. and not just this microphone. but any other microphones as well. in every app I've tried to talk to others with. it stats that I need to change my privacy settings...