Windows 10: My microphone on my headset isnt working Windows 10

Discus and support My microphone on my headset isnt working Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; recently bought a new headset (Plantronics rig 300hx). I play on my laptop that is connected to my monitor. the sound is coming from my headset but my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by VivaanShah, Sep 8, 2019.

1. My microphone on my headset isnt working Windows 10

recently bought a new headset (Plantronics rig 300hx). I play on my laptop that is connected to my monitor. the sound is coming from my headset but my microphone is not working. my laptop is using my default laptop microphone. I have tried to change it in recording tab but my microphone is not detecting. im wondering if it is because I don't have a separate microphone and headset jack on my laptop. the headset only has one 3.5 mm cord which I have plugged in to my laptops only 3.5mm jack. in fortnite I have tried to change the settings ingame to change the input to my headset microphone but its not showing there as well. Could anyone help me with this, btw my laptop is the Acer Nitro Spin 5- windows 10.

:)

VivaanShah, Sep 8, 2019
  2. KerooSeta Win User

Bluetooth Headset Microphones Don't work with Windows 10

I cannot get any bluetooth headset microphone to work with Windows 10. I have tried three different bluetooth headsets, most recently a Corsair Gaming H2100. I have no problem getting the audio output to work just fine with any of them, but I cannot get
    it to recognize the microphone. I have followed all of the obvious steps:

• Uninstalled and reinstalled the newest version of the drivers
    • Restart my computer
    • Disable other microphones
    • Set the headset as the default recording device
    • Check the levels and set to 100
    • Remove the device with the device manager and reinstall
    • Unplug and plug back in my bluetooth antenna
    • Make sure that Windows is totally updated
    None of these steps has made any difference. I am able to get wired microphones to work, but this isn't ideal with my current set-up, as I sit about 10 feet away from my computer and use my 55" television as my monitor. So, I have a really nice webcam that
    I use as a microphone. It is fine, but I would really like to be able to use a bluetooth headset sometimes and not have to talk loudly to a microphone across the room.

Happy to have any help. Thanks.

KerooSeta, Sep 8, 2019
  3. Aceman.au Win User
    Sennheiser GSP 350. Microphone stops working when I open any game

Wow, ok. I think I've fixed it by accident while fiddling around.

It appears to be the Realtek audio being the issue here. I don't use my onboard sound card as my headset is a USB headset only and my speakers are plugged into an ASUS sound card.

Step by step fix:
    • I went into recording devices
    • I enabled STEREO MIX (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    • Then I set that Stereo Mix as the DEFAULT DEVICE (At this point it took over both input and output devices without my permission )
    • Then set my Sennheiser headset as default recording and playback devices in their respective windows even though they both still said they were the default devices when they weren't
    Headset microphone is currently functioning while in game now. I'll update the thread if it goes again. Should I completely disable Realtek audio??? Or will windows just force it to work again?

Aceman.au, Sep 8, 2019
  4. Jay Jap Win User

My microphone on my headset isnt working Windows 10

Headset microphone not working in windows 10

Thank you for the feedback. Since you have tried all the troubleshooting steps in the article, it's possible that the issue lies with the hardware or it's driver. To assist you further, please provide the following information:

• Have you tried the headset on a different Windows 10 computer?
    • Have you tried connecting a different headset on your PC?

We suggest that you contact the manufacturer of your PC to check the headset jack for issues. Also try to reach out to the manufacturer of your headset to
    check if they have a new driver for the recent Windows 10 updates.

Keep us posted.

Jay Jap, Sep 8, 2019
Thema:

My microphone on my headset isnt working Windows 10

1. My microphone on my headset isnt working Windows 10 - Similar Threads - microphone headset isnt

2. WINDOWS ISNT DETECTING HEADSET MICROPHONE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WINDOWS ISNT DETECTING HEADSET MICROPHONE: windows isnt detecting my headset microphone, first it was the issue where i couldnt connect to my headset stereo option only to wireless one...after that i did the DSIM fix from cmd and now stereo working perfectly but microphone not working. it doesnt show my headset...
  3. WINDOWS ISNT DETECTING HEADSET MICROPHONE

in Windows 10 Customization
    WINDOWS ISNT DETECTING HEADSET MICROPHONE: windows isnt detecting my headset microphone, first it was the issue where i couldnt connect to my headset stereo option only to wireless one...after that i did the DSIM fix from cmd and now stereo working perfectly but microphone not working. it doesnt show my headset...
  4. WINDOWS ISNT DETECTING HEADSET MICROPHONE

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. My plugged in headset isnt working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My plugged in headset isnt working.: When I took these screenshots my headset was plugged in and I was able to hear audio, but my microphone did not work at all. I would like to add that this happened after I downloaded the Clownfish voice changer before I downloaded it when I plugged it in my headset it gave me...
  6. My computer isnt seeing my Headset microphone

My computer isnt seeing my Headset microphone: I recently got a new headset, but my microphone isn't getting detected. My mic is a USB device, and troubleshooting isn't working. Also, when i try to test my Laptop's mic, it doesn't work either. The headset model is this one as seen here. The microphone is a separate USB...
  7. My computer isnt seeing my Headset microphone

My computer isnt seeing my Headset microphone: I recently got a new headset, but my microphone isn't getting detected. My mic is a usb device, and troubleshooting isnt working. Also, when i try to test my Laptop's mic, it doesnt work either. What do i do?...
  8. Headset microphone isnt working

Headset microphone isnt working: Hi! I recently got a new headset Kotion Each G2000 But when I plug it into my laptop the microphone that the computer is using is the one from my laptop, although the headset works well. I checked the control panel to see if my device was disabled but it didnt appear any new...
  9. My headset microphone is not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My headset microphone is not working: I'm having a problem with my USB headset microphone (HyperX Cloud II), idk what's wrong i checked device manager to see if it was disabled for some reason or if it needed a driver update, I checked windows sound settings to see if anyone was weird about the microphone, I...
  10. my microphone isnt working on my gaming pc

my microphone isnt working on my gaming pc: my microphone isnt working on my gaming pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/my-microphone-isnt-working-on-my-gaming-pc/785e745a-af44-4e24-8a56-551319620e4f

Users found this page by searching for:

1. plantronics headset not working on laptop

2. plantronics c3200 audio mic is not working

3. xbox headset driver for pc

4. plantronics drivers for windows 10,
  5. xbox microphone not working on pc