Windows 10: My Microphone set up is not working

Discus and support My Microphone set up is not working in Cortana to solve the problem; what can I do to fix this problem?... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by ReneLyon, Jan 16, 2020.

1. ReneLyon Win User

My Microphone set up is not working

what can I do to fix this problem?

:)

ReneLyon, Jan 16, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jan 16, 2020
  3. USB headset microphone not working

Hi,

This issue could have happened due to settings of your Microphone. To resolve your issue, we suggest that you check your Microphone is not disabled and set as default. You can follow these steps to check your microphone settings:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.
    • Now, right click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.
    • Select “Microphone” and click on “Properties” and make sure that the microphone is enabled.
    • You may also check if the microphone that you are using is set as default.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help.

Anthony Gal, Jan 16, 2020
  4. My Microphone set up is not working

MS LifeChat LX 3000 microphone not working

Hi,

It can be a faulty driver that is causing your microphone not to work. We suggest that you run the hardware troubleshooter. Troubleshooters can find and fix many common problems for you. See steps below:

• On the Search bar, type Troubleshoot.
    • Click on Troubleshoot.
    • Select Hardware and Devices then click on Run the troubleshooter.

Also make sure that the microphone in not disabled and set as default. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the volume icon and select Recording devices.
    • Right-click on the Microphone, then select Show disconnected devices and
      Show disabled devices.
    • Double click on the Microphone and under Device Usage:, select
      Use this device (enabled).
    • Also make sure that the Microphone is set as default.

If the issue still occurs, try uninstalling and reinstalling the headset driver.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

My Microphone set up is not working

1. My Microphone set up is not working - Similar Threads - Microphone set working

2. Microphone needs to be set up.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone needs to be set up.: So, my headset microphone doesn't work if I don't set it up from settings using the diagnostic tool.I have to choose "Cortana can't hear me" and then, when the prompt asks me to say something about Peter it starts working. It does not work with the other diagnostic tool from...
  3. Help with Microphones set up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with Microphones set up: The microphone hasn't worked in a few weeks. I have tried everything to get it back online. I need for Zoom meeting, but, I have to hook up my phone and use it that way. I need to know how to do it. I have tried support, and they can't fix the problem. Suggestions.?...
  4. Microphone not working until set up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone not working until set up: Hello, I am experiencing a problem with my microphone on my ROG Zephyrus G14 G401QC laptop where microphone doesn't work unless I go through the setup process in Settings > Time & Language > Speech > Set your mic up for speech recognition every time I boot up my laptop. Even...
  5. Microphone not working until set up

Microphone not working until set up: Hello, I am experiencing a problem with my microphone on my ROG Zephyrus G14 G401QC laptop where microphone doesn't work unless I go through the setup process in Settings > Time & Language > Speech > Set your mic up for speech recognition every time I boot up my laptop. Even...
  6. setting up microphone in Audacity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    setting up microphone in Audacity: im trying to make a recording in Audacity but the program just doesn't recognise my microphone. I have been into the computer settings both systems and privacy and all the correct buttons seem to be pressed I should say I'm using windows 10 but Audacity just doesn't pick them...
  7. setting up microphone in Audacity

setting up microphone in Audacity: im trying to make a recording in Audacity but the program just doesn't recognise my microphone. I have been into the computer settings both systems and privacy and all the correct buttons seem to be pressed I should say I'm using windows 10 but Audacity just doesn't pick them...
  8. setting up microphone in Audacity

9. Microphone Set up

in Cortana
    Microphone Set up: Hi. Can you please help how to set up my microphone? My camera and speaker both are working but when I talk, they can't hear me. Working also in messenger but not in google meet. Thanks...
  10. Set up microphones

Set up microphones: How do i set up the built in microphone on my W10 laptop? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-up-microphones/7762ebf2-a700-4c83-8d1b-1c008dc5fd4d