Windows 10: My microphone sounds too low and the decibels slider doesn't exist in my menu

Discus and support My microphone sounds too low and the decibels slider doesn't exist in my menu in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; All my friends complain about hearing me very low but I can't find any way to raise the microphone input in Windows 11. Many tutorials and guides tell... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Carmen Sirgo López, Sep 26, 2022.

1. My microphone sounds too low and the decibels slider doesn't exist in my menu

All my friends complain about hearing me very low but I can't find any way to raise the microphone input in Windows 11. Many tutorials and guides tell me to raise the decibels but that slider doesn't even exist in my microphone menu:Other tutorials tell me to change the channel but that option is locked and I don't know what else I can do:

:)

Carmen Sirgo López, Sep 26, 2022
  2. Bushka Win User

Microphone doesn`t work

My microphone and ear-phone doesn`t work. Please help me, I have windows 7 home basic, my computer reproduces a sound, but devices no.

Bushka, Sep 26, 2022
  3. Microphone Input Extremely Low

Hi AustinAtlantis,

I’m Mario an Independent Advisor. I’m here to work with you on this problem.

Considering that you executed the troubleshooting and updated the drivers, I suggest, reviewing some definitions on your laptop:

The basic is to review the sound but you explained that is on 100%, this way we skipped this point and go to try to boost your microphone levels, starting on the screen that allows you adjust the volume (on 100%), please follow the next steps:

- Click on “Additional device properties.” Doing so will open a window labelled “Microphone Properties.”

- Click on the “Levels” tab. Here you should see two sliders, one for your microphone’s volume, and one called Microphone Boost.

- Your microphone’s volume should already be at 100 percent. If for some reason it is not, go ahead and move the slider up to 100 percent. The Microphone Boost slider can be found directly underneath the volume slider. The Microphone Boost option can be used
    to increase your microphone’s output volume an additional 30 decibels. I recommend that you increase the boost incrementally (e.g. +10 dB) and then test your microphone levels before increasing it further.

Alternatives to find Microphone Boost Level option:

Alternatively, you can adjust your microphone’s volume and boost its output via the Control Panel. Simply type “control panel” in the Windows taskbar search field and click on “Control Panel.” From there, select “Sound.”

This will prompt a new window to open that is labeled “Sound.” In the tabs at the top of the window, click on the one that says “Recording.” Here you will see the microphones that are connected to your PC. Highlight the one you are using and click on “Properties.”

This will open a new window labeled “Microphone Properties.” Here, select the “Levels” tab. You should be presented with two sliders: one for your microphone’s volume and one that will allow you to boost its output.

Please, I found some links that add below for your review, with more details about particular headsets that I think could be helpful:

-
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

-
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

I hope to help you. Please, tell us the results.

Mario IgnacioGajardo Constenla, Sep 26, 2022
  4. Vicky Acs Win User

My microphone sounds too low and the decibels slider doesn't exist in my menu

Headphones' Microphone Volume Under the "Levels" Tab Disappeared

We suggest that you check the following steps on how to raise the mic volume:

• Check the Speaker icon on the system tray. Right click on it and choose "Recording Devices" menu.
    • This will show Sound window. Go to Recording tab of Sound window, you will notice the microphone which is active that has a green check mark. Right click on the active microphone and select "Properties".
    • You will now see Microphone Properties window. Go to the
      Levels
      tab and you will now see Microphone and
      Microphone Boos
      t. You can use the sliders to modify your volume settings. Click
      OK button to save changes.

Let us know how it works so we can further assist you.

Vicky Acs, Sep 26, 2022
Thema:

My microphone sounds too low and the decibels slider doesn't exist in my menu

1. My microphone sounds too low and the decibels slider doesn't exist in my menu - Similar Threads - microphone sounds too

2. My microphone's volume is too low

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My microphone's volume is too low: Hello,So basically my headset's microphone audio is too low and its really strange, because some days ago it was perfectly fine. I`m pretty sure my headset isn`t broken, because it works well while connected to other devices. I've already tried some possible solutions:-...
  3. My microphone's volume is too low

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My microphone's volume is too low: Hello,So basically my headset's microphone audio is too low and its really strange, because some days ago it was perfectly fine. I`m pretty sure my headset isn`t broken, because it works well while connected to other devices. I've already tried some possible solutions:-...
  4. Microphone too low

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone too low: HiI have a problem with my microphone. When I try to use my microphone I can't hear it. I only hear it if I scream in it. I have already tried everything like max volume, windows updates, driver updates, microphone booster but it still is very low. I thought maybe it was my...
  5. Microphone too low

Microphone too low: HiI have a problem with my microphone. When I try to use my microphone I can't hear it. I only hear it if I scream in it. I have already tried everything like max volume, windows updates, driver updates, microphone booster but it still is very low. I thought maybe it was my...
  6. Microphone is too low

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone is too low: Microphone volume is too low and sometimes it does not record my voice. I thought it is the microphone issue but the entire problem does not exist in my other device. Sometimes I need to cover my mouth just to record. I does not happen to the other device so it is not the mic...
  7. Microphone is too low

Microphone is too low: Microphone volume is too low and sometimes it does not record my voice. I thought it is the microphone issue but the entire problem does not exist in my other device. Sometimes I need to cover my mouth just to record. I does not happen to the other device so it is not the mic...
  8. My microphone sounds too low and the decibels slider doesn't exist in my menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My microphone sounds too low and the decibels slider doesn't exist in my menu: All my friends complain about hearing me very low but I can't find any way to raise the microphone input in Windows 11. Many tutorials and guides tell me to raise the decibels but that slider doesn't even exist in my microphone menu:Other tutorials tell me to change the...
  9. My microphone's volume is too low. Help!

My microphone's volume is too low. Help!: I have tried everything but the volume of my microphone on my Laptop seems to be really low, you can barely hear anything. I don't know what to do. Here are the things I've done so far:-I've set the microphone volume to 100% in the Level section and the 30db boost.-I've...
  10. Microphone too low

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone too low: Can anyone help me? I have a problem with my mic, the mic on my laptop can only detect voice with a very small range, you can see it in the picture,although I try to get the voice closer to the mic. I've tried to troubleshoot but it still detects my voice in a small range...