Windows 10: my microphone stopped appearing on input devices out of nowhere

Discus and support my microphone stopped appearing on input devices out of nowhere in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Out of nowhere my microphone stopped showing on every app such as discord Xbox game bar etc. I cant get it to work but on this device but on every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Bane2019, Mar 22, 2021.

1. Bane2019 Win User

my microphone stopped appearing on input devices out of nowhere

Out of nowhere my microphone stopped showing on every app such as discord Xbox game bar etc. I cant get it to work but on this device but on every other device it works just fine. any fixes I've tried restarting my pc and making sure my microphone is accessible to apps.

:)

Bane2019, Mar 22, 2021
  2. Aceman.au Win User

Sennheiser GSP 350. Microphone stops working when I open any game

Wow, ok. I think I've fixed it by accident while fiddling around.

It appears to be the Realtek audio being the issue here. I don't use my onboard sound card as my headset is a USB headset only and my speakers are plugged into an ASUS sound card.

Step by step fix:
    • I went into recording devices
    • I enabled STEREO MIX (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    • Then I set that Stereo Mix as the DEFAULT DEVICE (At this point it took over both input and output devices without my permission )
    • Then set my Sennheiser headset as default recording and playback devices in their respective windows even though they both still said they were the default devices when they weren't
    Headset microphone is currently functioning while in game now. I'll update the thread if it goes again. Should I completely disable Realtek audio??? Or will windows just force it to work again?

Aceman.au, Mar 22, 2021
  3. External microphone not showing in the Recording tab

My Windows 10 laptop is not recognizing any external microphones. I have two headsets: a Bluetooth one and one for an audio jack. Both headsets work correctly on other devices. When I connect the headsets to my computer, I can hear audio, but the microphones
    do not work.

Here are the steps I've taken so far:

• Updated drivers (they were already up to date)
    • From Sound Settings, headsets do not appear as options for the input device
    • Ran the microphone troubleshooter - headsets do not appear as options
    • From Control Panel > Sound > Recording, headsets do not appear as options. I have selected the disabled and disconnected devices options.
    • From Microphone Privacy, all apps have access to the microphone.
    That's everything I found online to fix this problem. Any suggestions?

TechWriterHeather, Mar 22, 2021
  4. zvainzHD Win User

All usb microphone inputs not working

So both my adapter for xlr to 3.5mm jack input and my newly purchased usb microphone are not recognised. I've tried updating the drivers, using different usb ports, uninstalling the drivers and letting windows do it manually. Every time though, it's listed as having issue's in device manager... Can some help?

zvainzHD, Mar 22, 2021
Thema:

1. my microphone stopped appearing on input devices out of nowhere - Similar Threads - microphone stopped appearing

2. Microsoft family bug appearing out of nowhere

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft family bug appearing out of nowhere: I randomly started to have some family time limit, my parents did not make any changements and I’m old enough to leave the family which I did yet I still have screen time limits, this did not happen to other members, if II press the button asking a parent for some more time…....
  3. Wireless Headset Microphone stops working out of nowhere

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless Headset Microphone stops working out of nowhere: I´ve been having some issues with my Logitech G533´s Wireless Gaming Headset microphone which stops working sometimes, usually after I turn on the PC or when one of it get back on from suspension. The microphone itself if tested in control painel shows response, but when I...
  4. Wireless Headset Microphone stops working out of nowhere

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless Headset Microphone stops working out of nowhere: I´ve been having some issues with my Logitech G533´s Wireless Gaming Headset microphone which stops working sometimes, usually after I turn on the PC or when one of it get back on from suspension. The microphone itself if tested in control painel shows response, but when I...
  5. My windows spotlight stops out of nowhere

in Windows 10 Customization
    My windows spotlight stops out of nowhere: Hi everybody,I noticed my windows spotlight stopped working one day and tried to fix this issue to no avail. However, when I create another account on my computer, windows spotlight started working again for this specific account, and not for the main account that I use. I...
  6. Microphone input stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone input stopped working: Hi, I was in a Discord call with a couple of my friends when suddenly my input stopped working. At first I thought it was a Discord issue, but I then find out all of windows doesn't hear my voice. [ATTACH] <--- I am yelling at the top of my lungs I already tried checking...
  7. Microphone stopped working, it says no input device!

Microphone stopped working, it says no input device!: My microphone only works when I connect my earphones and speak into them but when I disconnect the earphones the laptop can't hear me at all.DELL LATITUDE E6420 . This problem wasn't there before so I don't know what the hell happened I really need the mic for online meetings...
  8. Why is my new microphone not appearing as a selectable input device?

Why is my new microphone not appearing as a selectable input device?: So i just recently got myself the Rode NT1-A and was suprised by the fact it is not even appearing in my microphone settings as a selectable device. I got a neewer phantom power so the mic would actually be able to work because its a condenser microphone. This problem...
  9. My sound stopped working out of nowhere.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My sound stopped working out of nowhere.: My sound has gone kaput on me twice before, but that was after Windows updates. The first time, I just bought new speakers and for maybe 2 months, everything was fine. The second time, I just moved the speaker plug to another jack. But now, this just happened again for no...
  10. Microphone stopped working out of nowhere

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microphone stopped working out of nowhere: So I just got on my laptop and realized that my microphone wasn't working. I tried getting the compatible drivers on Realtek's website but it still wouldnt work. the speaker works perfectly fine, it's just my microphone. I have an Acer Swift 3 i8250u if that helps. Here is...