Windows 10: My microphone stopped working after getting the new voicemod update

Discus and support My microphone stopped working after getting the new voicemod update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My microphone stopped working after getting the new voicemod update, then voicemod stopped working too, so now not even OBS will detect my mic. I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/thel33tdood35, Sep 21, 2020.

1. My microphone stopped working after getting the new voicemod update

My microphone stopped working after getting the new voicemod update, then voicemod stopped working too, so now not even OBS will detect my mic.

I've tried restarting, I've tried unplugging and replugging both my headphones and the mic attached to them, and even deleting voicemod. I've went into settings and privacy isnt the issue, neither is having the wrong mic selected. windows troubleshoot doesnt even detect the problem.

and yes, im also going to post this in the voicemod subreddit.

submitted by /u/thel33tdood35
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/thel33tdood35, Sep 21, 2020

2. Microphone suddenly stopped working

My microphone is still not working. I even checked the BIOS as someone had suggested but there is no listing for the microphone in there.

JonStoffelsen, Sep 21, 2020
  3. Aceman.au Win User
    Sennheiser GSP 350. Microphone stops working when I open any game

Wow, ok. I think I've fixed it by accident while fiddling around.

It appears to be the Realtek audio being the issue here. I don't use my onboard sound card as my headset is a USB headset only and my speakers are plugged into an ASUS sound card.

Step by step fix:
    • I went into recording devices
    • I enabled STEREO MIX (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    • Then I set that Stereo Mix as the DEFAULT DEVICE (At this point it took over both input and output devices without my permission )
    • Then set my Sennheiser headset as default recording and playback devices in their respective windows even though they both still said they were the default devices when they weren't
    Headset microphone is currently functioning while in game now. I'll update the thread if it goes again. Should I completely disable Realtek audio??? Or will windows just force it to work again?

Aceman.au, Sep 21, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

My microphone stopped working after getting the new voicemod update

Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Sep 21, 2020
Thema:

My microphone stopped working after getting the new voicemod update

1. My microphone stopped working after getting the new voicemod update - Similar Threads - microphone stopped working

2. Bluetooth Handsfree Microphone Stopped Working After Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Handsfree Microphone Stopped Working After Update: Hi,I have a Sennheiser TW2 paired with my desktop and laptop, both running Windows 11. After an update in late 2023, the microphone on my hands-free no longer works on my laptop. I have tried updating all the drivers, pairing the hands-free with my laptop again and resetting...
  3. Bluetooth Handsfree Microphone Stopped Working After Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Handsfree Microphone Stopped Working After Update: Hi,I have a Sennheiser TW2 paired with my desktop and laptop, both running Windows 11. After an update in late 2023, the microphone on my hands-free no longer works on my laptop. I have tried updating all the drivers, pairing the hands-free with my laptop again and resetting...
  4. Microphone stopped working after uninstalling Voicemod

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone stopped working after uninstalling Voicemod: Hi, I used to use an app called Voicemod, which is a voice changer. I uninstalled it today and my microphone stopped appearing in Windows settings. I restarted my computer, the Windows troubleshooter only said that it was unplugged, and reinstalling the Realtek drivers was...
  5. Microphone stopped working after uninstalling Voicemod

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone stopped working after uninstalling Voicemod: Hi, I used to use an app called Voicemod, which is a voice changer. I uninstalled it today and my microphone stopped appearing in Windows settings. I restarted my computer, the Windows troubleshooter only said that it was unplugged, and reinstalling the Realtek drivers was...
  6. Built in Microphone stopped working after update...twice.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Built in Microphone stopped working after update...twice.: I have an HP Envy laptop new in July 2021. The microphone stopped working randomly not long after buying it, and my issue also interfered with my external mics too.In the sounds settings it looks like it picks up sound, by plays nothing out out Recorder, Teams or Zoom.Did the...
  7. Microphone stopped working after Realtek update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone stopped working after Realtek update: Hi all, my Turtle Beach X12 microphone has stopped working after the latest Realtek update.My sound works perfectly but it claims that the microphone is not plugged in.Specs:i5-10500T16GB RAMUHD 630Any fixes?Thanks, kyro....
  8. Microphone stopped working after windows update

Microphone stopped working after windows update: After I updated windows and cleaned my PC, my mic suddenly stopped working. I uninstalled the windows update and the mic still isn't working I checked if I was using a different microphone but it was the correct one, I uninstalled Realtek and installed it again from the ASUS...
  9. Microphone stopped working after Windows Update

Microphone stopped working after Windows Update: Hello. I'm currently having a trouble with my Microphone, which has been working fine before. I also noticed that after I update my Windows I see two audio drivers on drivers manager, which I assume is the cause of my microphone not working. I managed to get my microphone...
  10. H4n microphone stopped working after update.

H4n microphone stopped working after update.: Hi. I have a h4n microphone plugged in with usb cable that used to work fine until the most recent windows update. I can see the bars moving on the microphone itself so the hardware is not the issue. Windows recognizes the mic but it has no input at all, not even on the test...