Windows 10: My microphone stopped working. But which "microphone" was it? The only way I can know is to...

Discus and support My microphone stopped working. But which "microphone" was it? The only way I can know is to... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Microsoft seems to be making one questionable business move after another. But that's their problem.I appreciate the free help that Microsoft gives us,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by computerGoingHaywire, Apr 19, 2024.

1. My microphone stopped working. But which "microphone" was it? The only way I can know is to...

Microsoft seems to be making one questionable business move after another. But that's their problem.I appreciate the free help that Microsoft gives us, but do the people giving us the help actually solve our problems?They're very nice people, but I don't think they do.

:)

computerGoingHaywire, Apr 19, 2024

2. Microphone not working

The microphone on my laptop stopped working. I have done a lot of trouble shooting without success. Before I conclude that it is a hardware problem, can I ask if there is anything else I should do.

My System:
    • ASUS S500CA laptop
    • Windows 10 Home X64 version 1909
    • VIA HD Audio - (for speakers and microphone)

Here's what happened:
    • The microphone was working perfectly (on Skype).
    • The next day it didn't work on a Skype call

Here's is a brief summary of what I have done:
    • The only thing that changed between these two Skype calls were a couple of Windows updates
    • I tried to remove all the recent Windows updates - didn't fix it
    • One update (4577670) couldn't be uninstalled so I restored the system to a date prior to the successful SKYPE - didn't work
    • I ran the Win trouble shooter - it reported no problem
    • I tried to update the sound/microphone driver - reported that I had the best driver
    • Checked the driver version (Provider - Microsoft, Date - 2019-03-18, Version, 10.0.18362.1)
    • Checked driver details (Report- No driver files are required or have been loaded for this device)
    • Updated to the latest Win 10 version (20H2) - didn't help
    • The speakers are working correctly.
    • I tried all of the above with the internal microphone as well as an external microphone (I tested all microphone alternatives in the setup - headset, external other)
    Is there anything else that I should try before giving up?

dsscottage, Apr 19, 2024
  3. Microphone suddenly stopped working

My microphone is still not working. I even checked the BIOS as someone had suggested but there is no listing for the microphone in there.

JonStoffelsen, Apr 19, 2024
  4. hellrazor Win User

My microphone stopped working. But which "microphone" was it? The only way I can know is to...

Easy enable/disable microphone?

My bro just got a microphone and I was wondering if there's an easy way to enable or disable it. I know you can right click on the volume icon, click on select recording devices then select the microphone, then click properties, then click on levels, and mute it - but that's just way too many steps, I'm looking for a more obvious and much easier way to do it.

hellrazor, Apr 19, 2024
Thema:

My microphone stopped working. But which "microphone" was it? The only way I can know is to...

1. My microphone stopped working. But which "microphone" was it? The only way I can know is to... - Similar Threads - microphone stopped working

2. My microphone stopped working. But which "microphone" was it? There are at least 4 choices,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My microphone stopped working. But which "microphone" was it? There are at least 4 choices,...: I appreciate the free help that Microsoft gives us, but do the people giving us the help actually solve our problems?They're very nice people, but I don't think they do....
  3. Microphone stops working with applications only*

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone stops working with applications only*: While using Discord and applications that require my microphone, they will initially work. After some time, however, friends may hear a "pop" noise and they will no longer be able to hear my audio output. Through basic troubleshooting, I found that while my microphone is not...
  4. Microphone Stopped Working

Microphone Stopped Working: I have encountered a problem where my Windows 10 PC has stopped detecting any audio from my headset microphone. It was working fine one day and then when I turned the computer on the following day, with no changes made to settings or hardware and device still plugged in as...
  5. My microphone stopped working and I don't know if it's physically broken or not.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My microphone stopped working and I don't know if it's physically broken or not.: My microphone worked perfectly yesterday but today it stopped working. I think it was because I pulled on the headset cable too hard but I don't know if that physically broke it or not or if it is a problem with my drivers. I've tried everything to get my microphone working...
  6. My microphone stop working

My microphone stop working: My microphone kind a stop working on my pc yesterday i don't know why. The mic is working though because i tested it on my hp compaq laptop and it worked perfectly there. And i don't think there is a problem with my motherboard because its recognize it. Also my drivers are up...
  7. Microphones stopped working

Microphones stopped working: Hello. I'm using a generic microphone that registers under my recording devices as "USB PnP Audio Device" it was working perfectly fine until it wasn't sometime coincidentally or not after I launched a game GTAV. When I try to troubleshoot the input device under the...
  8. microphone stopped working

microphone stopped working: I have surface pro 4 internal microphone stopped working. went though the setting suggested in the computer and it did not fix the problem. any suggestions> https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-stopped-working/20b11106-b613-4ecd-9da7-9e82ce4fc78e
  9. Microphone stopped working

Microphone stopped working: A couple of days ago my microphone just randomly stopped working. I am using the Logitech g533 gaming headset. Nothing picks up audio, I have tried numerous games, Discord, Audacity, etc. I've tried everything I've found online to fix it, the mic isn't muted, the privacy...
  10. Microphone stopped working

Microphone stopped working: So I have had this microphone since August 2015, and it has now stopped working? The Microphone is a Frisby FMC-220 Any ideas? I mainly bought this mic to use Cortana. 25741