Windows 10: My microphone stops working after upgrading to Windows 11.

Discus and support My microphone stops working after upgrading to Windows 11. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Since I've upgraded my laptop to Windows 11, my microphone has stopped working. When I connected my wired headphone it does not record any sound and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by RUSt888, Mar 11, 2022.

1. RUSt888 Win User

My microphone stops working after upgrading to Windows 11.

Since I've upgraded my laptop to Windows 11, my microphone has stopped working. When I connected my wired headphone it does not record any sound and even the inbuilt microphone in the laptop showed the same issue. When I connected my Bluetooth earphone the microphone worked but the sound quality is terrible only after I manually disable the microphone by going into settings was I able to improve it. I have done many things like reinstallying or updating the driver but the issue still persists. Such problems did not happen when using the same hardware in windows 10. Is there is a way to remedy

:)

RUSt888, Mar 11, 2022
  2. Aceman.au Win User

Sennheiser GSP 350. Microphone stops working when I open any game

Wow, ok. I think I've fixed it by accident while fiddling around.

It appears to be the Realtek audio being the issue here. I don't use my onboard sound card as my headset is a USB headset only and my speakers are plugged into an ASUS sound card.

Step by step fix:
    • I went into recording devices
    • I enabled STEREO MIX (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    • Then I set that Stereo Mix as the DEFAULT DEVICE (At this point it took over both input and output devices without my permission )
    • Then set my Sennheiser headset as default recording and playback devices in their respective windows even though they both still said they were the default devices when they weren't
    Headset microphone is currently functioning while in game now. I'll update the thread if it goes again. Should I completely disable Realtek audio??? Or will windows just force it to work again?

Aceman.au, Mar 11, 2022
  3. Microphone suddenly stopped working

My microphone is still not working. I even checked the BIOS as someone had suggested but there is no listing for the microphone in there.

JonStoffelsen, Mar 11, 2022
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Built in Microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that after an upgrade of Windows the microphone is not working, we will look in to this for you. However, in order to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the following details:

• What type of upgrade are you referring to, is it a system upgrade or an update?
    • What is the complete model number of the tablet?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit Enter.

In the meantime, I suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps in the article

Fix microphone problems
    and see if that helps in resolving the issue.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 11, 2022
Thema:

1. My microphone stops working after upgrading to Windows 11. - Similar Threads - microphone stops working

2. Microphone not working after upgrading to Windows 11 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone not working after upgrading to Windows 11 22H2: Hello,Recently, After upgrading my windows 11 21H2 to 22H2 my microphone stopped working. after doing several common problems that none worked out I gave up.Now I am in need of my microphone and no solution out there solved my problem so far. I literally did any possible and...
  3. Microphone not working after upgrading to Windows 11 22H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone not working after upgrading to Windows 11 22H2: Hello,Recently, After upgrading my windows 11 21H2 to 22H2 my microphone stopped working. after doing several common problems that none worked out I gave up.Now I am in need of my microphone and no solution out there solved my problem so far. I literally did any possible and...
  4. my microphone stopped working after windows 11 was installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my microphone stopped working after windows 11 was installed: my microphone stopped working after windows 11 was installed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-microphone-stopped-working-after-windows-11-was/bca24fc9-638b-4338-b423-527bb8fd5668
  5. my microphone stopped working after windows 11 was installed

my microphone stopped working after windows 11 was installed: my microphone stopped working after windows 11 was installed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-microphone-stopped-working-after-windows-11-was/bca24fc9-638b-4338-b423-527bb8fd5668
  6. My microphone stops working after upgrading to Windows 11.

My microphone stops working after upgrading to Windows 11.: Since I've upgraded my laptop to Windows 11, my microphone has stopped working. When I connected my wired headphone it does not record any sound and even the inbuilt microphone in the laptop showed the same issue. When I connected my Bluetooth earphone the microphone worked...
  7. Microphone stopped working after upgrading to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone stopped working after upgrading to Windows 11: Hello,As stated in the title, my microphone on my headset stopped working after I updated my computer to Windows 11. When I first plugged it into my 3.5mm headset jack, nothing was detected. I found online that I could make my sound driver be the Realtek High Definition Audio...
  8. Microphone stopped working after upgrading to Windows 11

Microphone stopped working after upgrading to Windows 11: Hello,As stated in the title, my microphone on my headset stopped working after I updated my computer to Windows 11. When I first plugged it into my 3.5mm headset jack, nothing was detected. I found online that I could make my sound driver be the Realtek High Definition Audio...
  9. The Webcam and the microphone stopped working after upgrading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The Webcam and the microphone stopped working after upgrading to Windows 10: Hello ! I'm using the Sony computer, model VPCEH2DFX with the built-in Sony Visual Communication Camera and built-in microphone. After upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7, my camera and microphone no longer works. I reinstalled the drivers, check if anything is using...
  10. The installed microphone stopped working after the Windows 10 upgrade

in Cortana
    The installed microphone stopped working after the Windows 10 upgrade: After Windows 10 upgrade, the microphone stopped working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-installed-microphone-stopped-working-after-the/28c90aed-13e7-46df-b6b0-9630eba97052"