Windows 10: My microphone which I used to talk to CVortana, disappeared and I have no idea of how to...

Discus and support My microphone which I used to talk to CVortana, disappeared and I have no idea of how to... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; See above … says it all Thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BobGazda1, Nov 16, 2018.

1. BobGazda1 Win User

My microphone which I used to talk to CVortana, disappeared and I have no idea of how to...

See above … says it all

Thanks

:)

BobGazda1, Nov 16, 2018

2. microphon

Hi Hassan,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

If a mic connected to this computer isn’t working properly then it’s likely a settings problem.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right-click on the speaker icon in the bottom-right part of the screen.

• Click on ‘Recording Devices‘.

• A list of recording devices will appear. Try speaking into your microphone, and see if there any
      green bars rising next to one of them while you talk.

• If you don’t see any green bars skip to step 5.

• Check if you can recognize which one of the devices in the list is your
      microphone. If you found it, click on it to highlight it, and then click
      Set Default.

• Check again if you see green bars rising when you talk into the microphone. If you do your mic is now correctly setup. If not, continue to next step.

• Double-click on the device that represents your microphone. The
      Microphone Properties window will appear. Click the Levels tab.

• In the levels tab, drag the slider all the way to the right, until the number on the right says “100“.

• Click OK and check if it helps.
    Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

ThofikhAhamad, Nov 16, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Nov 16, 2018
  4. My microphone which I used to talk to CVortana, disappeared and I have no idea of how to...

Microphone not working Windows 10

Hi Perry,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

If a mic connected to this computer isn’t working properly then it’s likely a settings problem.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right-click on the speaker icon in the bottom-right part of the screen.

• Click on ‘Recording Devices‘.

• A list of recording devices will appear. Try speaking into your microphone, and see if there any
      green bars rising next to one of them while you talk.

• If you don’t see any green bars skip to step 5.

• Check if you can recognize which one of the devices in the list is your
      microphone. If you found it, click on it to highlight it, and then click
      Set Default.

• Check again if you see green bars rising when you talk into the microphone. If you do your mic is now correctly setup. If not, continue to next step.

• Double-click on the device that represents your microphone. The
      Microphone Properties window will appear. Click the Levels tab.

• In the levels tab, drag the slider all the way to the right, until the number on the right says “100“.

• Click OK and check if it helps.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Nov 16, 2018
Thema:

My microphone which I used to talk to CVortana, disappeared and I have no idea of how to...

1. My microphone which I used to talk to CVortana, disappeared and I have no idea of how to... - Similar Threads - microphone used talk

2. My microphone isn't working and I have no idea what to do after having tried everything I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My microphone isn't working and I have no idea what to do after having tried everything I...: Hi, I've recently assembled my first ever desktop PC, with activated Windows 11 Home. Everything works fine except the microphone, which is part of an Onikuma K1 headset. I can hear everything as I should, but no input is transferred from my microphone. I have connected the...
  3. How to type to Cortana instead of Talking, as I have no Microphone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to type to Cortana instead of Talking, as I have no Microphone: How to type to Cortana, as I have no Microphone! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-type-to-cortana-instead-of-talking-as-i/afc3e657-afe5-4ac9-8395-b7cce799b93c
  4. I want to use an external microphone on my laptop for online class and talking to my...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I want to use an external microphone on my laptop for online class and talking to my...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TacitusKilgore_1899 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jj9qjm/i_want_to_use_an_external_microphone_on_my_laptop/
  5. I have no idea how this happened.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have no idea how this happened.: I don't know if this is a question I should ask for microsoft support or what category it is, because I have never heard any information about my problem after I reinstall my systemwhich I do maybe once a half year I dont know what I clicked when I start to format the...
  6. I have no idea . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have no idea . . .: I don't know why? But, I see no icon's, on my desktop? I have a slideshow running. I see that OK If, I click on, the little yellow box, on the taskbar. All access. I see everything. On the left side, I see the desktop. I open it, and I see everything. Movies, Videos,...
  7. I am not able to use microphone to talk with cortana and not even on keyboard

in Cortana
    I am not able to use microphone to talk with cortana and not even on keyboard: I have purchased Microsoft surface go. But not able to speak to cortana https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-not-able-to-use-microphone-to-talk-with/e810e7b7-1e6d-4589-895f-d875140236d6"
  8. i have an idea

in Windows 10 Customization
    i have an idea: Hi Good day I have an idea for a few PCs to monitor without increasing the thickness of the PC The idea is to become more productive if it becomes a product because they are less likely to use Alt+Tab and are heavily used by those who use Alt+Tab when working with a personal...
  9. How do I set which microphone and speakers I want Windows to use?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I set which microphone and speakers I want Windows to use?: How do I set which microphone and speakers I want Windows to use? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-set-which-microphone-and-speakers-i-want/e72bc4f0-63f3-4337-b8df-65c647edc435
  10. My microphone which I used to talk to Cortana, disappeared and I have no idea of how to get...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My microphone which I used to talk to Cortana, disappeared and I have no idea of how to get...: See above … says it all Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-microphone-which-i-used-to-talk-to-cortana/3aec8755-a8db-42fa-a45b-08d6b06c39d3