Windows 10: My microphone will pick up audio coming from my computer even though it is muted.

Discus and support My microphone will pick up audio coming from my computer even though it is muted. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My headset has a button that mutes my microphone. However, my microphone is still able to detect the audio that comes from my computer. It doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Adib Rizal, Jul 28, 2020.

1. My microphone will pick up audio coming from my computer even though it is muted.

My headset has a button that mutes my microphone. However, my microphone is still able to detect the audio that comes from my computer. It doesn't detect my voice until I turn it back on. I also had the same problem with my old headphones and microphone. The headphones and microphone are a separate unit. My microphone is a bit quiet in some programs. I have checked the program microphone settings and it is set to the highest sensitivity, but it still turns out quiet.

:)

Adib Rizal, Jul 28, 2020

2. Microphone only picks up audio from headphones?

I currently have a pair of razer kraken pro v2's which are plugged into my computer via a headphone splitter. My computer detects my headphones just fine (audio working and all), but when it comes to using the microphone it doesn't seem to pick up my voice at all and only picks up audio coming out through the headphones.

(EDIT): My microphone can now pick up my voice, but it still picks up sounds from my computer. Any way to fix this this?

robloxfunny, Jul 28, 2020
  3. My computer won't even acknowledge my microphone

It's a microphone you plug into the audio jack, and everytime I plug it in the Realtek audio manager pops up and I have the microphone box selected but when I try to speak from it nothing is picked up. the only mic the computer acknowledges is the Realtek
    mic in the computer, even when my other mic is plugged in

No it's not muted, it's a lavalier microphone so it doesn't have a mute button, and when I troubleshoot it the computer doesn't find any problems.

I don't know what to do, my drivers are up to date and all that too.

It also recently stop letting me use the microphone on my airpods, it used to but now it just won't it will only let me use it as a headset, and that's why I bought this microphone. If that can be fixed too I'd be eternally grateful because I love those
    things...

My computer is an ASUS UX430U if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance

bruhSoundEffect#2, Jul 28, 2020
  4. Cassie B Win User

My microphone will pick up audio coming from my computer even though it is muted.

muting microphone

Same issue. Windows 10 mutes the microphone only for Google Hangouts.
    I found it muted when I go to Sounds and I unmute but still doesn't work.

Troubleshooted from the sound icon and the mute issue didn't even come up as an issue.

Searched on microphone in search and then troubleshooted it from there (the troubleshooting looked different from there) and it came up that the microphone had been muted and was fixed. And guess what? I could use my microphone again.

I have found it will just mute itself again for no reason that I can find out.

Cassie B, Jul 28, 2020
Thema:

My microphone will pick up audio coming from my computer even though it is muted.

1. My microphone will pick up audio coming from my computer even though it is muted. - Similar Threads - microphone pick audio

2. my headset mic is picking up desktop audio even when muted.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my headset mic is picking up desktop audio even when muted.: when I am watching a video or playing a game my mic on my headset picks up small sounds from all media that I play I already tried Updating/Rollbacking DriversMuting other input microphones like stereo mixMuting other output devices...
  3. my headset mic is picking up desktop audio even when muted.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my headset mic is picking up desktop audio even when muted.: when I am watching a video or playing a game my mic on my headset picks up small sounds from all media that I play I already tried Updating/Rollbacking DriversMuting other input microphones like stereo mixMuting other output devices...
  4. Why is my microphone not picking up any audio even though system says the devisce is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my microphone not picking up any audio even though system says the devisce is...: The microphone is integrated in my laptop, Realtek high definition audio.I tried all the different troubleshootings and the issue is not resolved.I don't know what to do.this test your microphone bar doesn't move when I make sounds...
  5. Why is my microphone not picking up any audio even though system says the devisce is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my microphone not picking up any audio even though system says the devisce is...: The microphone is integrated in my laptop, Realtek high definition audio.I tried all the different troubleshootings and the issue is not resolved.I don't know what to do.this test your microphone bar doesn't move when I make sounds...
  6. Why is my microphone not picking up any audio even though system says the devisce is...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Microphone picking up pc audio signal coming from headphones

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone picking up pc audio signal coming from headphones: Hi, I have an external DAC/amp that connects to my ASUS ZenBook laptop running windows 10 and today a weird phenomenon started happening where the microphone is picking up the audio coming from the headphone. The DAC has two ports one for sound output and one for microphone...
  8. Microphone is picking up my PC audio.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone is picking up my PC audio.: I have an Asus motherboard with amd and realtek audio manager. I went threw countless fixes, but nothing worked. The Mic doesnt display any sounds in the sound control panel, yet it still picks up the audio. All my drivers are up to date and there are no problems found by...
  9. audio background is being picked up even without microphone or microphone muted..

audio background is being picked up even without microphone or microphone muted..: I am using a Lenovo legion Y740 and I have been scratching my head for months now trying to figure out how to fix my audio issue can't find any solution to my problem. I tried everything I already know.. I tried changing removing my mic, my audio driver neither didn't work.....
  10. My Microphone is picking up my headphone audio

My Microphone is picking up my headphone audio: My microphone seems to be taking the audio output from my headphones and using it as a microphone input. When I am on discord with my friends they can hear everything that happens in my headphones through my microphone and i know it isn't just echoing because i unplugged the...