Windows 10: My microphones not working and the troubleshoot button keeps getting a error

Discus and support My microphones not working and the troubleshoot button keeps getting a error in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My microphone wasent working for discord so i went to settings and hit the troubleshoot button but it kept giving me an error. Can somebody help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ChrisGORSKI1, May 27, 2020.

1. My microphones not working and the troubleshoot button keeps getting a error

My microphone wasent working for discord so i went to settings and hit the troubleshoot button but it kept giving me an error. Can somebody help please?

:)

ChrisGORSKI1, May 27, 2020

2. microphone is not working

Hi Junezryaz,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10 and your steps in solving the issue.

I suggest you to run the microphone troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooter” in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on ‘View All’ on the top left corner.
    • Click on “Recording Audio” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with the necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 27, 2020
  3. MS LifeChat LX 3000 microphone not working

Hi,

It can be a faulty driver that is causing your microphone not to work. We suggest that you run the hardware troubleshooter. Troubleshooters can find and fix many common problems for you. See steps below:

• On the Search bar, type Troubleshoot.
    • Click on Troubleshoot.
    • Select Hardware and Devices then click on Run the troubleshooter.

Also make sure that the microphone in not disabled and set as default. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the volume icon and select Recording devices.
    • Right-click on the Microphone, then select Show disconnected devices and
      Show disabled devices.
    • Double click on the Microphone and under Device Usage:, select
      Use this device (enabled).
    • Also make sure that the Microphone is set as default.

If the issue still occurs, try uninstalling and reinstalling the headset driver.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, May 27, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

My microphones not working and the troubleshoot button keeps getting a error

Built in Microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that after an upgrade of Windows the microphone is not working, we will look in to this for you. However, in order to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the following details:

• What type of upgrade are you referring to, is it a system upgrade or an update?
    • What is the complete model number of the tablet?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit Enter.

In the meantime, I suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps in the article

Fix microphone problems
    and see if that helps in resolving the issue.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 27, 2020
Thema:

My microphones not working and the troubleshoot button keeps getting a error

1. My microphones not working and the troubleshoot button keeps getting a error - Similar Threads - microphones working troubleshoot

2. Microphone troubleshooting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone troubleshooting: MY MICROPHONE IS NOT WORKING https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-troubleshooting/97dea6a1-155a-4d07-9900-84aaefccbd19
  3. Microphone troubleshooting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone troubleshooting: MY MICROPHONE IS NOT WORKING https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-troubleshooting/97dea6a1-155a-4d07-9900-84aaefccbd19
  4. Microphone button won't work on my headset/other programs!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone button won't work on my headset/other programs!: So, recently, my headset's mic got broken. I bought a new headset, yet once i plugged it in, it didn't play my microphone. I tried on another device, and the headset was working just fine?? Anyone know how to fix this please? I can't speak in my meetings or calls thru my...
  5. Troubleshooting making my external microphone work on my laptop/Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Troubleshooting making my external microphone work on my laptop/Windows 11: Hi anyone!,I have a laptop that only has a headset input/jack. I have a splitter cable, and connected it, but nothing happens. I've been into settings and tried adding a device but it doesn't pick it up. I've tried searching for solutions one said I need to get an interface...
  6. Troubleshooting making my external microphone work on my laptop/Windows 11

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Troubleshooting making my external microphone work on my laptop/Windows 11: Hi anyone!,I have a laptop that only has a headset input/jack. I have a splitter cable, and connected it, but nothing happens. I've been into settings and tried adding a device but it doesn't pick it up. I've tried searching for solutions one said I need to get an interface...
  7. The microphone button on my laptop no longer works.

The microphone button on my laptop no longer works.: Hello! So, I have a problem with the microphone button on my laptop. To be clear, my microphone still works. The button is just useless. Example, On discord, there is the option to mute your microphone by clicking the button at the bottom left corner. But that only mutes for...
  8. Troubleshoot microphone problems

Troubleshoot microphone problems: The original post here: https://huntertran.com/2020/11/15/troubleshoot-microphone-problems/ Step by step instruction on how to: Enable/Disable microphone boost your Microphone volume listen to your microphone fix microphone is disabled on a laptop running on battery fix...
  9. Headset microphone keeps not working.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Headset microphone keeps not working.: Everytime I shut down or restart my computer the mic on my headset stops working until I unplug and plug it back in again. The headset works normally as headphones, I can still hear normally. I have a HyperX Cloud Stinger. Is there anyway to fix this so it doesn't break every...
  10. Microphone Troubleshooting

Microphone Troubleshooting: Hii There, Hope You're doing well I just purchased a new cheap mic to use for user-testing recordings and I've done my best trying to make it work and couldn't I've Re-Installed The Audio Drivers but nothing worked So I need Your Help to fix this problem This is the...