Windows 10: My microsoft Account and store are linked to a laptop because of Home S

Discus and support My microsoft Account and store are linked to a laptop because of Home S in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Recently today I had to sign into an office account to get a Microsoft Account S Home out of S mode because I needed to install drivers for the printer... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Mark Fogleman, Feb 5, 2021.

1. My microsoft Account and store are linked to a laptop because of Home S

Recently today I had to sign into an office account to get a Microsoft Account S Home out of S mode because I needed to install drivers for the printer they wanted to print too.

As a huge mistake I see now I used just any old microsoft account mine and now the whole think is constatly asking for my login and sign in info.

I was able to set it up with a local pin etc that aren't linked to my microsoft account but the Store and everything else including the laptop wont come off my account.

I have removed the laptop from my microsoft account on the website when you go into your devices.

But how do I unlink everything else? This employee is in my store, has access to my games etc.

It kinda sucks you have to use a microsoft account just to have windows 10 home, sadly they bought it like this so pro wasn't an option here.

:)

Mark Fogleman, Feb 5, 2021
  2. sam02 Win User

App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Feb 5, 2021
  3. Addie Win User
    Cannot link/add my Microsoft Account to Local Account

Hello Ken,

Im using Win10 Build 1607 with all latest update.

I also run all related troubleshooters:
    • Windows Update
    • Store Apps (says i have to login in my microsoft account but thats the problem, i can't)
    • Microsoft Accounts

No Problem found. Also the suggestions from Microsoft didnt helped.

Addie, Feb 5, 2021
  4. AFJ
    AFJ Win User

My microsoft Account and store are linked to a laptop because of Home S

Remove Microsoft linked account in Windows 10

This question refers to steps 3 and 4 in the thread How to rename the User folder in Windows 10?

The troublesome steps are:

3) Remove original Microsoft linked account

4) Link local account to Microsoft account if you wish

I was stuck on those 2 steps. I couldn't find a way in Windows 10 to remove the Microsoft account.

Any ideas?

Thema:

My microsoft Account and store are linked to a laptop because of Home S

1. My microsoft Account and store are linked to a laptop because of Home S - Similar Threads - microsoft Account store

2. Removal of microsoft account on laptop linked to it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removal of microsoft account on laptop linked to it: Hi,I've been having problems with my Microsoft account linked to my laptop and I want to remove it when I want to remove it, it won't allow me it only shows "Manage" any ideas to on how remove it?...
  3. Removal of microsoft account on laptop linked to it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removal of microsoft account on laptop linked to it: Hi,I've been having problems with my Microsoft account linked to my laptop and I want to remove it when I want to remove it, it won't allow me it only shows "Manage" any ideas to on how remove it?...
  4. Removal of microsoft account on laptop linked to it

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. is my laptop that has microsoft home s compatiable with microsoft 11 pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is my laptop that has microsoft home s compatiable with microsoft 11 pro: wondering if my new laptop that has windows home s can be upgraded to windows pro 11 or pro 10.thank you, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-my-laptop-that-has-microsoft-home-s-compatiable/df61ada8-03ad-4ae0-b44c-8aff5273124f
  6. is my laptop that has microsoft home s compatiable with microsoft 11 pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    is my laptop that has microsoft home s compatiable with microsoft 11 pro: wondering if my new laptop that has windows home s can be upgraded to windows pro 11 or pro 10.thank you, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-my-laptop-that-has-microsoft-home-s-compatiable/df61ada8-03ad-4ae0-b44c-8aff5273124f
  7. Microsoft Store stops working after linking my Microsoft Account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store stops working after linking my Microsoft Account: Hello, I just built a new PC and after setting up windows from a USB drive, I am not able to use the Microsoft Store App. Every time I attempt to open it, it starts up with the windows bag logo, and the next second it just closes. I have tried many of the solutions on here...
  8. Linking a Windows 10 Home license to a Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Linking a Windows 10 Home license to a Microsoft account: I have a laptop with a Windows 10 Home license. I made a new build some days ago and I have to install the OS. If I log in with my Microsoft account in the laptop, will that license be attached to my account forever even if I log out or I need to keep my account logged in...
  9. Link new laptop to Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Link new laptop to Microsoft Store: Hi, I just bought my son a new laptop he has an xbox with GamePass Sub. We want to play certain games together like Ark, Sea of Thieves etc on our laptops. My laptop connects to the Microsoft store without problems as does his Xbox, but his new laptop is not linked. I see I...
  10. S mode linked account issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    S mode linked account issue: I have been having to link these netbooks our client buys in S mode to an outlook.com account so I can take them out of s mode. My issue now is we are at our 10 device limit. The microsoft store will not let me take any other computers out of S mode until I unlink one of the...