Windows 10: My Microsoft Account Device pages says one of my PCs needs an update

Discus and support My Microsoft Account Device pages says one of my PCs needs an update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; PC OS is: Windows 10-64 Home 1909 My Microsoft Account Device pages says one of my PCs needs an update for Windows 10, but when I go to the Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SEwing1243, Jan 24, 2020.

1. My Microsoft Account Device pages says one of my PCs needs an update

PC OS is: Windows 10-64 Home 1909

My Microsoft Account Device pages says one of my PCs needs an update for Windows 10, but when I go to the Windows Update Control Panel and click "Check for Updates" it says there are none available.

So which is glitched, the Microsoft Account Device status page or my PC? How do I figure out which one it is and fix it?

PS: The only thread I found that seemed to even try to give an answer said sign of my Microsoft Account on that PC, sign in with a local account a major pain in the neck, sign out of the local account, and then sign back in via the Microsoft Account. That had no effect.

:)

SEwing1243, Jan 24, 2020

2. My Device Won't Appear On My Microsoft Account

I'm new to this page and it's because I want to download NVIDIA, but for that, I need a device on my account. The profile on my PC is connected to my account on Microsoft, I've checked on this very PC and even my phone the page of devices on Microsoft, I've
    followed every single step correctly but my PC just won't appear in the list of devices on my account, what can I do?

SandraMaciel2, Jan 24, 2020
  3. Addie Win User
    Cannot link/add my Microsoft Account to Local Account

Hello Ken,

Im using Win10 Build 1607 with all latest update.

I also run all related troubleshooters:
    • Windows Update
    • Store Apps (says i have to login in my microsoft account but thats the problem, i can't)
    • Microsoft Accounts

No Problem found. Also the suggestions from Microsoft didnt helped.

Addie, Jan 24, 2020
  4. Jay Jap Win User

My Microsoft Account Device pages says one of my PCs needs an update

Devices (Microsoft account)

Thank you for the feedback, Mquwerty. I'm currently researching your issue and in the meantime, let us try a different route to isolate the issue by following these steps:

1. Pull up a Google Chrome browser that is set to Incognito mode.
    2. Go to the Microsoft website and log in your Microsoft account.
    3. Once logged in, paste the following link to your address bar or click it:
      https://account.microsoft.com/devices/content
    4. It should direct you to the Manager your download devices page. From there, click the
      Remove option.
    5. On the next window, put a check on the bullet that says I'm ready to remove this device: (PC NAME), then hit
      Remove.

Once done, try to check if the said device is still visible by signing out your Microsoft account and sign back in.

Keep us updated.

Jay Jap, Jan 24, 2020
Thema:

My Microsoft Account Device pages says one of my PCs needs an update

1. My Microsoft Account Device pages says one of my PCs needs an update - Similar Threads - Microsoft Account Device

2. Device encryption says I need a Microsoft account, but I'm already using one??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Device encryption says I need a Microsoft account, but I'm already using one??: As per the title, I just checked my Device encryption setting under Windows Settings >> Update & Security >> Device encryption. I get the following message: You need a Microsoft account to finish encrypting this device. Sign in with a Microsoft account instead I am signed...
  3. One Microsoft account, two PCs?

in Windows 10 Customization
    One Microsoft account, two PCs?: Let's say someone knows my Microsoft account data and logs in with my account on another PC kilometers away from mine. Will I receive a notification about this activity? Can the person change something in my PC settings (e.g. admin rights, account type on my PC)? Ein...
  4. Microsoft admin account CANNOT locate one of my devices

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft admin account CANNOT locate one of my devices: I have a desktop and laptop where each have been assigned the same microsoft account as the administrator under 'your info' i.e. [ATTACH] however if i click on manage my microsoft account, i see the following [ATTACH] My desktop is FULLY updated and as i already...
  5. One Microsoft Account, two PCs and two different licences.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    One Microsoft Account, two PCs and two different licences.: Hello guys. Please help me with a guidance, how to properly do such process: Conditions: I got my Microsoft Account, with one desktop device on it main PC and a Windows Home LicenseOEM. I am buying a new PC for my second location in my country. I do not want to make...
  6. Gmail says need to update account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Gmail says need to update account: Gmail hasn't received emails on PC (phone is fine) since 11/23 and says account needs updating. I am directed here after receiving error message 0x8007042b...
  7. Two Microsoft accounts and two pcs - How to put both pcs on one Microsoft account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Two Microsoft accounts and two pcs - How to put both pcs on one Microsoft account: I purchased a new desktop pc with Windows 10. Signed in with my Microsoft account. No problem. Now I got a new laptop and when I went to sign in and register it, it wouldn't take my current Microsoft log-in info (email address, user id). It asked me to select a new email...
  8. My Microsoft Account for One Drive?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My Microsoft Account for One Drive?: I have more than one account. I may have more than two accounts. Can they be found? I don't remember them but I think I know which emails may have been used....
  9. Windows 10 Mail app says my account needs updating

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail app says my account needs updating: I am trying to login to my yahoo email with the Window 10 app. After I enter my details in it says "Your Yahoo account settings are out of date" and asks me to re-enter my password. I logged into my account from my web browser with the exact same password and it works fine....
  10. Microsoft Account Device page revamped

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Account Device page revamped: When you own a lot of Windows 10 devices, it’s sometimes hard to keep track of them all and know the status of individual devices. This problem can now be solved, as Microsoft has just quietly rolled out a revamp to the Microsoft account devices page, now displaying more...