Windows 10: My Microsoft account got hacked so I made a new one. How do I change the main Microsoft...

Discus and support My Microsoft account got hacked so I made a new one. How do I change the main Microsoft... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So I'm in a bit of a difficult situation right now. I've discovered that my Microsoft account got hacked and the phone number attached to it got... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Robert Cross1, Dec 6, 2023.

1. My Microsoft account got hacked so I made a new one. How do I change the main Microsoft...

So I'm in a bit of a difficult situation right now. I've discovered that my Microsoft account got hacked and the phone number attached to it got changed which means I can't access that account I wasn't able to give enough info to recover it. I created a new account and I'm trying to make it the default account on my computer but all the methods I've found would require me to access the old hacked one, which I of course cannot do. I'm mostly worried about what would happen if I got locked out of the computer. Would I still be let in with just the pin or would I be locked out permanently since

:)

Robert Cross1, Dec 6, 2023
  2. Kari Win User

Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Kari, Dec 6, 2023
  3. Microsoft account hacked

Hi AlexanderThompson5,

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Community.

I hope you are doing well.

I'm sorry to know what you have experienced with your Microsoft account. We really appreciate your time in bringing this concern to us. Let's check on this together and find ways to address this matter.

I'm not sure if you have done this already but below is the process in recovering a Microsoft account.

How to recover a hacked or compromised Microsoft account

Please try to follow the steps to help you take back control of your Microsoft account.

And with regards to the charges from your account, I'm afraid that we can't help you further about this here in online community. We suggest to contact our live support for Accounts and Billing to check if it is possible for them to stop the automatic changes.

Microsoft Store & billing help - Microsoft Support

Also, we highly suggest to keep your security information updated like your alternative email and phone number to prevent this problem from happening in the future.

I hope I was able to help you today.

Thank you for choosing Microsoft. Have a great day and stay safe!

Best regards,

Microsoft Community Advocate

Mara May M, Dec 6, 2023
  4. Kari Win User

My Microsoft account got hacked so I made a new one. How do I change the main Microsoft...

Microsoft Account how to change

To change Windows sign-in Microsoft account:
    1. Switch to local account (tutorial)
    2. Switch to new Microsoft account (tutorial)

Kari, Dec 6, 2023
Thema:

My Microsoft account got hacked so I made a new one. How do I change the main Microsoft...

1. My Microsoft account got hacked so I made a new one. How do I change the main Microsoft... - Similar Threads - Microsoft account got

2. I got hack and lost my old Microsoft account, but made a new one with the same email and it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I got hack and lost my old Microsoft account, but made a new one with the same email and it...: as the title stated i lost my old microsoft account and made a new one with the same email, it worked but i lost all my xbox games and connected games with the old account, how can i recover the old account?...
  3. I got hack and lost my old Microsoft account, but made a new one with the same email and it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I got hack and lost my old Microsoft account, but made a new one with the same email and it...: as the title stated i lost my old microsoft account and made a new one with the same email, it worked but i lost all my xbox games and connected games with the old account, how can i recover the old account?...
  4. I got my Microsoft account hacked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I got my Microsoft account hacked: My account got stolen. I gave my infromation to a random pirate discord server. When I tried to enter it gave me a code but then some random emails popped up that aren't mine. I got the link from a random discord server and in a voice chat they were telling me what to do. I...
  5. I got my Microsoft account hacked

I got my Microsoft account hacked: My account got stolen. I gave my infromation to a random pirate discord server. When I tried to enter it gave me a code but then some random emails popped up that aren't mine. I got the link from a random discord server and in a voice chat they were telling me what to do. I...
  6. My microsoft account got hacked and i have the email of the account that hacked me. How do...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My microsoft account got hacked and i have the email of the account that hacked me. How do...: i have submitted a form for it but i dont remember everything about it like my xbox name and stuff. ive had this account for 4+ years. I got the email of the email that hacked me but i dont know what to do now...
  7. My microsoft account got hacked and i have the email of the account that hacked me. How do...

My microsoft account got hacked and i have the email of the account that hacked me. How do...: i have submitted a form for it but i dont remember everything about it like my xbox name and stuff. ive had this account for 4+ years. I got the email of the email that hacked me but i dont know what to do now...
  8. My Microsoft account got hacked so I made a new one. How do I change the main Microsoft...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Microsoft account got hacked so I made a new one. How do I change the main Microsoft...: So I'm in a bit of a difficult situation right now. I've discovered that my Microsoft account got hacked and the phone number attached to it got changed which means I can't access that account I wasn't able to give enough info to recover it. I created a new account and I'm...
  9. My Microsoft account got hacked so I made a new one. How do I change the main Microsoft...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My Microsoft account got hacked so I made a new one. How do I change the main Microsoft...: So I'm in a bit of a difficult situation right now. I've discovered that my Microsoft account got hacked and the phone number attached to it got changed which means I can't access that account I wasn't able to give enough info to recover it. I created a new account and I'm...
  10. How do I change the main microsoft account on my computer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I change the main microsoft account on my computer?: I looked it up and found multiple tutorials that say to first change it to a local account, then sign in with the new one, but there just isn't an option to use a local account for me, even after I removed all the other accounts. How? submitted by /u/lophlo [link]...